Level 6 · 单集故事
🎬

E30 · Episodes

030 善心善行

善心善行

Little Fox Level 6 · Single Stories · Episode 30 — 善心善行.

91 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Molly and her mother were shopping for clothes on a Saturday afternoon

一个周六下午,莫莉和妈妈正在逛街买衣服,

旁白 neutral

but every time Molly found something she liked, her mother said," That's too expensive, Molly."

可每次莫莉找到喜欢的,妈妈就说:“太贵了,莫莉。”

旁白 neutral

In the end, Molly's mother chose an ugly pair of pants

最后,莫莉的妈妈挑了条难看的裤子。

旁白 neutral

" I'm never going to wear them!" Molly complained

“我绝对不会穿的!”莫莉抱怨道。

旁白 neutral

Molly's mother was very careful about spending money

莫莉的妈妈花钱非常谨慎。

旁白 neutral

" Money doesn't grow on trees," she always said

“钱可不是树上长的,”她总这么说。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, hi, Molly!" It was Molly's friend Erica, who was shopping with her mother in the same store

“哦,嗨,莫莉!”是莫莉的朋友艾瑞卡,她也正和妈妈在同一家店里逛。

旁白 neutral

" Hi, Erica!" Molly said

“嗨,艾瑞卡!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Things are so expensive these days, aren't they?" said Erica's mom

“现在东西可真贵,不是吗?”艾瑞卡的妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I can't believe the prices!" agreed Molly's mother

“是啊,这价格简直让人不敢相信!”莫莉的妈妈附和道。

旁白 neutral

" Mom, I want that!" said Erica, pointing to an expensive face cleanser

“妈妈,我要那个!”艾瑞卡指着一瓶昂贵的洗面奶说。

旁白 neutral

" Of course, honey. One? Two? No, let's take three."

“没问题,宝贝。一瓶?两瓶?不,我们拿三瓶好了。”

旁白 neutral

Erica's mother put some bottles into her shopping cart

艾瑞卡的妈妈把几瓶放进了购物车。

旁白 neutral

" Well, we should get going. Good-bye!"

“好了,我们该走了。再见!”

旁白 neutral

" Mom? Can I have some too?" asked Molly

“妈妈,我能也买一些吗?”莫莉问。

旁白 neutral

" Honey, this is really overpriced," Molly's mother answered," but if you want, we can get one."

“亲爱的,这东西太贵了,”莫莉的妈妈回答,“不过如果你想要,我们可以买一瓶。”

旁白 neutral

" No, I want more," Molly said

“不,我想要更多。”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" One is more than enough," her mother said firmly

“一瓶就绰绰有余了。”她妈妈坚定地说。

旁白 neutral

Molly's family wasn't poor, but her parents didn't buy Molly whatever she wanted

莫莉家并不穷,但她的父母不会莫莉要什么就给买什么。

旁白 neutral

" Money isn't everything," her father would say

“金钱不是万能的,”她爸爸总是这么说。

旁白 neutral

" The real valuable things in life cannot be bought with money."

“人生中真正宝贵的东西,是钱买不到的。”

旁白 neutral

" And money doesn't grow on trees," her mother would add

“而且钱可不会从树上长出来。”她妈妈总会再加一句。

旁白 neutral

The next day, Molly and her friends were looking at magazines at Jenny's house

第二天,莫莉和朋友们在珍妮家看杂志。

旁白 neutral

" Wow! I'm going to ask my mom to buy me this!" Esther exclaimed, pointing to the dress in a fashion ad

“哇!我要叫我妈给我买这个!”埃丝特指着时装广告里的裙子喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, this is so nice! I'll tell my dad I want this for my birthday!" Sharon said

“哦,这个真漂亮!我要告诉我爸,我生日想要这个!”莎伦说。

旁白 neutral

" See what I got?" Jenny held up a pretty blue shirt

“看我买了什么?”珍妮举起一件可爱的蓝色衬衫。

旁白 neutral

" It's so cute! How much was it?" asked Sharon

“好可爱!多少钱?”莎伦问。

旁白 neutral

" I don't know, but it has a matching hat. See?"

“我不知道,但它还有一顶配套的帽子。看到没?”

旁白 neutral

Molly felt so jealous of her friends

莫莉非常羡慕她的朋友们。

旁白 neutral

" Why are my parents so stingy with money?" she thought to herself

“为什么我爸妈对钱这么小气?”她心里想。

旁白 neutral

As she was walking home, something on the sidewalk caught her eye

当她往家走时,人行道上的某个东西吸引了她的目光。

旁白 neutral

Molly bent down to pick it up. It was a purse

莫莉弯腰捡了起来。那是一个钱包。

旁白 neutral

" Someone must have dropped it!" she said, looking for the owner

“一定是有人把它弄丢了!”她说着,四下寻找失主。

旁白 neutral

There was no one around, so Molly opened the purse

周围没有人,于是莫莉打开了钱包。

旁白 neutral

She gasped! The purse was filled with cash!

她倒吸了一口气!钱包里装满了现金!

旁白 neutral

" Oh no! What should I do?" Molly wondered

“哦不!我该怎么办?”莫莉琢磨着。

旁白 neutral

" I should take it to the police station, but what if the owner never comes to claim it?

“我应该把它送到警察局,可万一失主永远不来认领呢?

旁白 neutral

Maybe I could take just a little bit of money and then take it to the police station?"

也许我可以只拿一点点钱,然后再把它送到警察局?”

旁白 neutral

At home, Molly did not tell her parents about the purse and went upstairs to bed

回到家,莫莉没有把钱包的事告诉父母,就上楼睡觉了。

旁白 neutral

As she thought about keeping the money, a strange feeling stirred inside of her, something she had never felt before

当她想着要把钱据为己有,一种奇怪的感觉在她心里搅动,那是她以前从未体验过的。

旁白 neutral

Two voices began to argue in her head

两个声音开始在她脑海里争吵起来。

旁白 neutral

" Take the money," said Molly the Red

"把钱拿走,"红莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" No! Turn it in to the police!" said Molly the White

"不行!交给警察!"小白莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" No one will know if you take it!" said the Red

"你拿了没人会知道!"红莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" It's not yours. You can't keep it!" said the White

"这不是你的,你不能留下!"小白莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

Molly wasn't sure which voice to listen to, but when she thought of all the things she could buy, she decided to take the money

莫莉不知道该听谁的,但一想到能买那么多东西,她还是决定把钱拿走。

旁白 neutral

" Now you can buy anything you want!" said Molly the Red

"现在你想买什么就买什么!"红莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" No, Molly! Don't do it!" Molly the White begged

"不,莫莉!别这样!"小白莫莉恳求道。

旁白 neutral

Molly felt that strange feeling grow stronger

莫莉感觉那种奇怪的感觉越来越强烈。

旁白 neutral

" Now you can be like your friends!" the Red whispered excitedly

"现在你可以和朋友们一样了!"红莫莉兴奋地悄声说道。

旁白 neutral

Molly smiled and ignored the strange feeling inside

莫莉笑了笑,不去理会心里那阵奇怪的感觉。

旁白 neutral

At the store, she realized it felt powerful to have so much money

在商店里,她体会到有这么多钱的感觉真叫人有底气。

旁白 neutral

" I'll take these two, please," she said, handing two pairs of shoes to the sales clerk

“这两双我都要了。”她说着,把两双鞋递给售货员。

旁白 neutral

" Here you go," smiled the clerk." Thank you and come again!"

“给您。”售货员笑着说,“谢谢,欢迎下次再来!”

旁白 neutral

Molly also bought a new shirt and jeans, and decided to wear them on her way home

莫莉还买了一件新上衣和一条牛仔裤,并决定回家时就穿着它们。

旁白 neutral

As she left the store, she bumped into her friends

她离开商店时,碰上了她的朋友们。

旁白 neutral

" Molly! You look so stylish!" admired Erica

“莫莉!你看起来真时髦!”艾瑞卡称赞道。

旁白 neutral

" Are those new jeans?" asked Jenny

“那是新牛仔裤吗?”珍妮问。

旁白 neutral

" I love that shirt!" exclaimed Sharon

“我好喜欢那件上衣!”莎伦喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Where did you get the money to buy these things?" Jenny asked

“你哪来的钱买这些东西啊?”珍妮问。

旁白 neutral

" I... my mom... gave... money..." Molly stammered

"我……我妈……给的……钱……" 莫莉结结巴巴地说。

旁白 neutral

" It's none of your business!" she burst out

"不关你们的事!" 她突然吼道。

旁白 neutral

After she spent the rest of the day buying whatever she wanted, Molly took her purchases up to her bedroom

她用剩下的时间买了所有想要的东西后,把买来的物品拿上楼到自己卧室。

旁白 neutral

That strange feeling nudged at her heart again

那种奇怪的感觉又轻轻触碰着她的心。

旁白 neutral

" What is this I'm feeling?" she wondered. It was really bothering her

"我这是什么感觉?" 她心里纳闷。这种感觉真让她烦恼。

旁白 neutral

" I bought everything I wanted, so why am I not happy?"

"我买到了所有想要的东西,为什么却开心不起来呢?"

旁白 neutral

Molly picked up the empty purse and opened it up again

莫莉拿起那个空钱包,再次打开了它。

旁白 neutral

Inside was a letter." Dear Mommy," the letter began," I wish Daddy would recover soon

里面有一封信。"亲爱的妈妈," 信的开头写道,"我希望爸爸早日康复。

旁白 neutral

I don't have a lot, but here is some money I saved from working

我没什么钱,但这是我打工攒下的一点钱。

旁白 neutral

Please use it for Daddy's hospital bills

请用它来支付爸爸的住院费吧。

旁白 neutral

I just want Daddy to be well again."

我只希望爸爸能早日康复。”

旁白 neutral

As Molly read the letter, her eyes welled up with tears

莫莉读着信,泪水夺眶而出。

旁白 neutral

" What have I done? What have I done?" she cried aloud. Her heart was aching

“我做了什么?我做了什么?”她大声哭喊,心里隐隐作痛。

旁白 neutral

" What kind of person am I? I'm a thief!" she moaned

“我是个什么样的人啊?我就是个小偷!”她呻吟着说。

旁白 neutral

" I hate myself! I hate myself!"

“我恨我自己!我恨我自己!”

旁白 neutral

" Molly! Molly! Wake up, honey!" Molly's mother gently shook her

“莫莉!莫莉!醒醒,宝贝!”莫莉的妈妈轻轻地摇着她。

旁白 neutral

Molly was in her room, but the shopping bags and new shoes were gone

莫莉在自己的房间里,但购物袋和新鞋子都不见了。

旁白 neutral

" You were having a nightmare," her mother said

“你做噩梦了,”她妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

Molly felt something against her back

莫莉感觉背后有什么东西硌着。

旁白 neutral

It was the purse, and the money was still inside. Molly was relieved

是那个钱包,钱还在里面。莫莉松了一口气。

旁白 neutral

She explained how she had found the purse, and confessed that she had wanted to keep the money

她解释了自己怎么捡到的钱包,并坦白她曾想留下那笔钱。

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad it was just a bad dream," Molly said

“我很高兴这只是一个噩梦,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Me too, honey, and I'm proud of you," her mother said

“我也是,宝贝,我为你感到骄傲,”她妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" How can you be proud of me? I wanted to keep the money!" Molly said

“你怎么会为我骄傲呢?我原本想留下那笔钱的!”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" But you didn't. You know that strange feeling you had?" her mother asked

“但你并没有那么做。你知道你当时那种奇怪的感觉吗?”她妈妈问道。

旁白 neutral

" That was your conscience. It was telling you to do what was right

“那是你的良知。它在告诉你做正确的事。

旁白 neutral

In the end, you listened to your conscience, your heart, and that's what's most important."

最终,你听从了你的良知,你的内心,这才是最重要的。”

旁白 neutral

" Mom, I learned that having the things I want doesn't make me happy," Molly said

“妈妈,我明白了,拥有我想要的东西并不会让我快乐,”莫莉说。

旁白 neutral

" Money can't buy me happiness."

“钱买不来快乐。”

旁白 neutral

" You're a good girl

“你是个好女孩。

旁白 neutral

It's good deeds that make a good heart," her mother said lovingly

是好的行为造就了善良的心,”她妈妈充满爱意地说。