Level 5 · 单集故事
🎬

E17 · Episodes

017 意大利披萨店

意大利披萨店

Little Fox Level 5 · Single Stories · Episode 17 — 意大利披萨店.

57 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Here you go, Adriana."

"给你,阿德里安娜。"

旁白 neutral

Grandpa handed me an apron and a cap

爷爷递给我一条围裙和一顶帽子。

旁白 neutral

They looked silly with red, white, and green stripes

它们有红、白、绿条纹,看起来很傻。

旁白 neutral

I gulped. Did I really have to wear them?

我咽了下口水。我真的非得穿它们吗?

旁白 neutral

What if someone from school saw me?

万一学校的人看见我怎么办?

旁白 neutral

I didn't want to hurt Grandpa's feelings

我不想让爷爷伤心。

旁白 neutral

He had spent the past year getting his pizzeria ready for business

他花了一整年的时间,为他的披萨店开张做准备。

旁白 neutral

Years ago he had been a pizzaiolo — a pizza maker — in Italy

多年前,他在意大利当过披萨师傅——就是做披萨的人。

旁白 neutral

Now he was finally going to make authentic Italian pizza here in America

现在,他终于要在美国这里做正宗的意大利披萨了。

旁白 neutral

His dream was coming true

他的梦想就要成真了。

旁白 neutral

But all I saw was a fashion nightmare

但在我眼里,这简直是一场时尚灾难。

旁白 neutral

" Pass out free slices of pizza Margherita to everyone who walks by," Grandpa instructed

“给路过的每个人都发一片免费的玛格丽特披萨,”爷爷嘱咐道。

旁白 neutral

" And be sure to tell them the story."

“而且一定要给他们讲讲这个故事。”

旁白 neutral

I grabbed a tray and started passing out pizza slices to people from a table set up outside

我端起一个托盘,开始在门外摆好的桌子上给人们分发披萨。

旁白 neutral

Then I saw them: Rachel and Clara — the most popular girls at my school

就在这时,我看到了她们:蕾切尔和克拉拉——学校里最受欢迎的两个女生。

旁白 neutral

I pulled down my cap to hide my face

我赶忙压低帽子,遮住自己的脸。

旁白 neutral

But it was too late

但已经太迟了。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, you're Adriana, from school, right?" Rachel said

“嘿,你是阿德里安娜,学校的那个,对吧?”蕾切尔说。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't know there was a new pizza place in town."

“我不知道镇上开了家新披萨店。”

旁白 neutral

Clara was looking around

克拉拉正四处张望着。

旁白 neutral

" Don't you have pepperoni or Hawaiian pizza?"

“你们没有意大利辣香肠或夏威夷披萨吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh! Hi!" I blurted out

“哦!嗨!”我脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

I lifted my cap and started talking — much too fast

我抬起帽子,开始说话——说得太快了。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, my grandpa owns this place

“是的,我爷爷是这儿的老板。

旁白 neutral

Today's our grand opening

今天我们刚开业。

旁白 neutral

We don't serve American-style pizza, like pepperoni or Hawaiian

我们不卖美式披萨,比如意大利辣香肠或夏威夷。

旁白 neutral

We only have pizza like they do in Italy

我们只有像意大利那样的披萨。

旁白 neutral

My grandpa wants it to be authentic."

我爷爷想让口味正宗。”

旁白 neutral

" Awesome," Rachel said

“太棒了,”蕾切尔说。

旁白 neutral

" Can we try some?"

“我们能尝尝吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Sure." I tried to act cool

“当然。”我尽量让自己显得很酷。

旁白 neutral

I put two slices on plates and gave them to the girls

我放了两块在盘子里,递给了那两个女孩。

旁白 neutral

" Mmm. Delicious!" Clara said

“嗯,好吃!”克拉拉说。

旁白 neutral

Rachel nodded

蕾切尔点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" Much better than pepperoni pizza! What is this called?"

“比辣肠披萨好吃多了!这叫什么?”

旁白 neutral

" It's called pizza Margherita

“这叫玛格丽特披萨。

旁白 neutral

It was named after Queen Margherita

是以玛格丽特王后命名的。

旁白 neutral

Back in 1889 in Italy, pizza was eaten mostly by workers who needed a quick lunch

早在1889年的意大利,披萨主要是需要快速解决午餐的工人们吃的。

旁白 neutral

But the queen was tired of fancy food

但王后吃腻了精致的食物。

旁白 neutral

So she asked a pizza maker to make some pizzas

于是她让一位披萨师傅做些披萨。

旁白 neutral

He made one with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil — the colors of the Italian flag!

他做了一款加了番茄、马苏里拉奶酪和罗勒的披萨——正好是意大利国旗的颜色!

旁白 neutral

The queen loved it, and the pizza maker named the pizza after her

王后非常喜欢,于是那位披萨师傅就以她的名字命名了这款披萨。

旁白 neutral

Soon everybody in Italy started eating pizza."

很快,意大利人人都开始吃披萨了。”

旁白 neutral

Rachel grinned." We owe a big thanks to that Italian queen!"

蕾切尔咧嘴笑了。“我们可真得好好感谢那位意大利王后!”

旁白 neutral

" Can we try some other types of pizza?" Clara asked

“我们能尝尝其他种类的披萨吗?”克拉拉问。

旁白 neutral

I got some more slices from the kitchen

我从厨房又拿了几块。

旁白 neutral

" This is pizza bianca," I said

“这是白披萨,”我说。

旁白 neutral

" It's from Rome

“它来自罗马。

旁白 neutral

There's no cheese — just olive oil and salt."

没有奶酪——只有橄榄油和盐。”

旁白 neutral

Next the girls tried the Sicilian-style pizza with anchovies — and they liked that too!

接着,女孩们尝了尝加了凤尾鱼的西西里风味披萨——她们也很喜欢!

旁白 neutral

" My family is Italian American too," Rachel said

“我家也是意大利裔美国人,”蕾切尔说。

旁白 neutral

" But no one is good at cooking

“但没人擅长做饭。

旁白 neutral

You're so lucky your grandpa makes such great food."

你真幸运,你爷爷能做出这么好吃的食物。”

旁白 neutral

I smiled

我笑了。

旁白 neutral

I felt proud of my family's culture — and Grandpa

我为我们家的文化——也为爷爷——感到骄傲。

旁白 neutral

When the girls left, I went back inside to get more of Grandpa's delicious pizza

女孩们离开后,我回到店里想再吃点爷爷做的美味披萨。

旁白 neutral

And I didn't even care about the apron or the cap anymore

而且我已经完全不在乎那条围裙或那顶帽子了。