Level 5 · 单集故事
🎬

E07 · Episodes

007 解决问题

解决问题

Little Fox Level 5 · Single Stories · Episode 7 — 解决问题.

66 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Finally!" Maddie said as Gage skidded into the yard

“终于来了!”麦迪说,盖奇滑进了院子。

旁白 neutral

" You're twenty minutes late!"

“你迟到了二十分钟!”

旁白 neutral

" Football practice ran late again, sorry!"

“足球训练又拖了,对不起!”

旁白 neutral

Gage started madly raking leaves

盖奇开始拼命耙树叶。

旁白 neutral

Maddie sighed

麦迪叹了口气。

旁白 neutral

Gage was small and shy, and he had never been into sports before

盖奇个子小,又害羞,以前从不爱运动。

旁白 neutral

But this year he seemed to care about nothing else

但今年他似乎别的什么都不在乎了。

旁白 neutral

" How was practice?" she asked, trying to sound supportive

“训练怎么样?”她问,语气尽量显得支持。

旁白 neutral

He grinned." Great. I'm the fastest runner on the team."

他咧嘴笑了。“棒极了。我是队里最快的跑者。”

旁白 neutral

" Cool." Maddie just wished he was a little faster at getting to their after-school job

“酷。”麦迪只希望他到课后打工能再快一点儿。

旁白 neutral

They were helping their neighbor, Mrs. Famer, with some yard work for an hour a few days every week

他们每周有几天帮邻居法默太太整理院子,每次一小时左右。

旁白 neutral

" Ready to trim those tree branches?"

“准备好修剪那些树枝了吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Sure." Gage grabbed the shears and raced up the ladder

“好。”盖奇抓起修枝剪,飞快地爬上梯子。

旁白 neutral

As Maddie picked up the branches he cut, frustrated thoughts crowded her mind

麦迪一边捡起他剪下的树枝,一边满脑子都是沮丧的念头。

旁白 neutral

If Gage had been on time, they might have been finished by now

要是盖奇没迟到,他们这会儿可能已经干完了。

旁白 neutral

The ladder suddenly shook, and a branch flew past her head

梯子突然晃了一下,一根树枝从她头边飞过。

旁白 neutral

" What are you doing up there?"

“你在上面干什么呢?”

旁白 neutral

" Just practicing a football pass." Gage sounded embarrassed

“没事,练练橄榄球传球。”盖奇的声音听着有点不好意思。

旁白 neutral

" I guess it works better on the ground."

“我看在地面上练效果更好。”

旁白 neutral

Maddie bit back angry words

麦迪把到嘴边的气话咽了回去。

旁白 neutral

At this rate trimming the trees was going to take twice as long as it should

照这样下去,修剪这些树的时间要比本该用的多一倍。

旁白 neutral

Sure enough, their hour of work was up before the trees were done

果不其然,树还没修剪完,他们一小时的工时就用光了。

旁白 neutral

But Mrs. Famer thanked and paid them

不过,法默太太还是谢过他们,并付了工钱。

旁白 neutral

She smiled at Gage

她对盖奇笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" You must have a different schedule these days

“你们俩最近的时间安排肯定不一样了吧。

旁白 neutral

You two never show up at the same time anymore."

你们俩现在都不再一起出现了。”

旁白 neutral

" I know," Gage mumbled guiltily

“我知道,”盖奇内疚地咕哝道。

旁白 neutral

As she and Gage walked home, Maddie clutched the money in her hand

和盖奇一起回家的路上,麦迪手里紧攥着那些钱。

旁白 neutral

Normally, she halved it right away

往常,她会当场就把钱平分。

旁白 neutral

" You've been late a lot, Gage!" she finally blurted out

“盖奇,你迟到太多次了!”她终于忍不住说道。

旁白 neutral

" Football just..." Gage's voice trailed away

“橄榄球就是……”盖奇的声音渐渐低了下去。

旁白 neutral

All of Maddie's frustration bubbled up

麦迪积压的沮丧情绪一下子全涌了上来。

旁白 neutral

" Football!" she exploded

“橄榄球!”她爆发了。

旁白 neutral

" Is that the most important thing in the world now?

“难道那现在是世界上最重要的事吗?

旁白 neutral

You don't care about your friends, or doing a good job?

你不在乎朋友,也不在乎把工作做好?”

旁白 neutral

I wish you'd never made the team!"

我真希望你当初没进球队!”

旁白 neutral

Gage winced." I'm really sorry," he said

盖奇皱了下眉。“真的很抱歉,”他说。

旁白 neutral

Maddie deflated

麦迪泄了气。

旁白 neutral

Gage looked hurt now, and she wished she hadn't lost her temper

盖奇看起来很受伤,她真希望自己刚才没有发脾气。

旁白 neutral

She took a deep breath, fighting to keep her voice calm

她深吸一口气,努力让自己的声音保持平静。

旁白 neutral

" I've been working the full hour we promised Mrs. Famer

“我每次都干满我们答应法默太太的一小时。”

旁白 neutral

You've been coming late, but still getting half the money. It isn't fair."

“你老是迟到,却还拿一半的钱。这不公平。”

旁白 neutral

" You're right," Gage said

“你说得对。”盖奇说。

旁白 neutral

" You should keep all the money, Maddie

“你应该把钱全拿着,麦迪。”

旁白 neutral

I just don't think I can get here any earlier."

我只是觉得我没法再早到了。”

旁白 neutral

" I don't want all the money," she murmured

“我不想拿所有的钱。”她低声说。

旁白 neutral

" You earned some of it."

“这钱有一部分是你挣的。”

旁白 neutral

She carefully divided the handful of dollar bills — two thirds for herself, one third for Gage

她仔细地把那沓钞票分开——三分之二给自己,三分之一给盖奇。

旁白 neutral

" Do you think that's fair?" she asked awkwardly

“你觉得这样公平吗?”她有些尴尬地问。

旁白 neutral

He nodded, looking more embarrassed than ever

他点点头,看起来比之前更难为情了。

旁白 neutral

Maddie tried to fill the uncomfortable silence

麦迪试着打破这令人不自在的沉默。

旁白 neutral

" It's not much fun, working by myself," she said

“一个人干活,没什么意思。”她说。

旁白 neutral

" I wish we could — hey!" She had a sudden thought

“真希望我们能——嘿!”她突然有了个主意。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe we could work more on the weekend and less during the week

“也许我们可以周末多干点,平时少干点。”

旁白 neutral

Then you wouldn't be late, and we could split everything half and half again!"

这样你就不会迟到了,我们又能对半分钱了!”

旁白 neutral

Gage hesitated

盖奇犹豫了一下。

旁白 neutral

" Sometimes I have football games on Saturdays. Could we work around that?"

“有时候我周六有橄榄球比赛。我们能避开那些时间吗?”

旁白 neutral

Maddie held out her hand." Let's try. Deal?"

麦迪伸出手。“咱们试试。说定了?”

旁白 neutral

They shook on it

他们就此握了握手。

旁白 neutral

" Now I won't have to feel bad about being late anymore," Gage added

“这下我不用再为迟到的事感到内疚了。”盖奇补充道。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't want to cancel on you completely."

“我也不想完全放你鸽子。”

旁白 neutral

" You always seem so happy after practice," Maddie said

“你训练后看起来总是那么开心。”麦迪说。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't want to ruin it with a big argument — "

“我不想因为大吵一架而破坏你的好心情——”

旁白 neutral

" Until you started yelling about football today?" Gage gave her a small smile

“直到你今天开始为橄榄球的事嚷嚷?”盖奇朝她微微一笑。

旁白 neutral

" Next time, tell me what the problem is before you get all mad."

“下次,在你火冒三丈之前,告诉我问题出在哪儿。”

旁白 neutral

Maddie grinned." That's a deal too!"

麦迪咧嘴一笑。“那也这么说定了!”