Level 4 · 单集故事
🎬

E29 · Episodes

029 淋浴巴士

淋浴巴士

Little Fox · Single Stories · Episode 29 — 淋浴巴士.

40 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Hi! I'm Frank. Today I'm volunteering with my mom in San Francisco

嗨!我叫弗兰克。今天我和妈妈在旧金山做志愿者。

旁白 neutral

San Francisco is a wealthy city, but it has many homeless people

旧金山是一座富裕的城市,但这里有很多无家可归的人。

旁白 neutral

Thousands of homeless people live on the streets

成千上万的无家可归者住在街头。

旁白 neutral

They have limited access to bathrooms

他们能使用浴室的机会很有限。

旁白 neutral

Imagine that you couldn't take showers or use clean bathrooms

想象一下,如果你不能洗澡,也不能使用干净的卫生间。

旁白 neutral

I'm sure you wouldn't like that

我肯定你不会喜欢那种感觉。

旁白 neutral

But it's a common situation for homeless people

但这却是无家可归者的日常处境。

旁白 neutral

Doniece Sandoval is changing that

多妮丝·桑多瓦尔正在改变这一切。

旁白 neutral

One day she heard a homeless woman crying

有一天,她听到一位无家可归的女士在哭泣。

旁白 neutral

" I'm so filthy."

“我太脏了。”

旁白 neutral

The homeless woman sobbed

那位无家可归的女士啜泣着。

旁白 neutral

" I have nowhere to take a shower."

“我没有地方洗澡。”

旁白 neutral

This gave Doniece the idea for a shower bus

这让多尼斯萌生了办淋浴巴士的想法。

旁白 neutral

What's a shower bus?

淋浴巴士是什么啊?

旁白 neutral

Follow me! I'll give you a tour

跟我来!我带你们参观一下。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Jones is the bus driver

琼斯先生是巴士司机。

旁白 neutral

He drives the bus to different places around the city

他开着巴士去城市里不同的地方。

旁白 neutral

The shower bus used to be a normal city bus

这辆淋浴巴士以前是一辆普通的城市公交车。

旁白 neutral

But now it has two private bathrooms

但现在它有两个私密的卫生间。

旁白 neutral

Each bathroom has its own shower, sink, and toilet

每个卫生间都有自己的淋浴器、洗手池和马桶。

旁白 neutral

The bus also provides towels, soap, toothbrushes, and toothpaste

巴士还提供毛巾、肥皂、牙刷和牙膏。

旁白 neutral

And they're all free!

而且全都是免费的!

旁白 neutral

The shower bus changes lives

淋浴巴士改变了人们的生活。

旁白 neutral

Being clean is very important, and not just for health reasons

保持清洁非常重要,这不仅仅是为了健康。

旁白 neutral

Many homeless people can't get jobs if they aren't clean

很多无家可归的人如果不干净,就找不到工作。

旁白 neutral

Without jobs, they can't find housing

没有工作,他们就找不到住处。

旁白 neutral

Being clean provides opportunities for many homeless people

保持清洁为许多无家可归的人提供了机会。

旁白 neutral

In fact, the shower bus even changed my life

事实上,淋浴巴士甚至改变了我的生活。

旁白 neutral

My mom and I used to be homeless

我和妈妈以前也无家可归。

旁白 neutral

We couldn't take showers or use clean bathrooms

我们没法洗澡,也没法用干净的卫生间。

旁白 neutral

That was before we found the shower bus

那都是在我们找到淋浴巴士之前的事了。

旁白 neutral

On the shower bus, we could do both!

在淋浴巴士上,我们两样都能做到!

旁白 neutral

It helped my mom find a job

它帮我妈妈找到了工作。

旁白 neutral

It also helped us find an apartment

它还帮我们找到了一间公寓。

旁白 neutral

Then we weren't homeless anymore!

然后我们就再也不是无家可归了!

旁白 neutral

But we still come to the shower bus to volunteer

但我们还是会来淋浴巴士这里做志愿者。

旁白 neutral

That's it for our tour

我们的参观就到这里了。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Jones has to drive the bus to another part of the city

琼斯先生得把巴士开到城市的另一个区域去了。

旁白 neutral

I'm glad you visited the shower bus with me

很高兴你们和我一起参观了淋浴巴士。

旁白 neutral

Maybe you can find a way to help the homeless too!

也许你也能找到方法来帮助无家可归的人哦!