Level 4 · 照片旅行
🎬

E82 · Episodes

082 波士顿的信使

波士顿的信使

Little Fox · Photo Travels · Episode 82 — 波士顿的信使.

53 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Carefully, Vinnie and Mandy moved closer to the ship being tied to the dock

维尼和曼迪小心翼翼地靠近了正被拴在码头边的船。

旁白 neutral

The Redcoat captain was speaking to a tall man in a black hat

一名红衣军船长正在和一个戴黑帽子的高个男人说话。

旁白 neutral

He wore a long coat, pants that ended just below his knees, white stockings, and black shoes

他穿着长外套,裤子刚好过膝,白长袜和黑鞋。

旁白 neutral

" Mr. John Hancock," the captain read from a paper," by order of His Royal Highness, King George III of England, you are under arrest."

"约翰·汉考克先生," 船长照着纸念道,"奉英格兰国王乔治三世陛下的命令,你被逮捕了。"

旁白 neutral

" What have I done?" John Hancock asked calmly

"我做了什么?" 约翰·汉考克平静地问。

旁白 neutral

" Your ship, The Liberty, is carrying illegal tea into Boston Harbor," said the captain

"你的船‘自由号’正载着非法茶叶进入波士顿港," 船长说。

旁白 neutral

Before John Hancock could say anything, the soldiers took him away

约翰·汉考克还没来得及开口,士兵就把他带走了。

旁白 neutral

The men on the dock followed angrily

码头上的人愤怒地跟了上去。

旁白 neutral

One of them saw Vinnie and Mandy and quickly walked over

其中一个人看到了维尼和曼迪,快步走了过来。

旁白 neutral

" What are your names?" he asked when he got close

"你们叫什么名字?" 他走近后问道。

旁白 neutral

" I'm Vinnie, and this is my sister Mandy," said Vinnie bravely

维尼勇敢地说:“我是维尼,这是我妹妹曼迪。”

旁白 neutral

" Are you American patriots?" the man asked

那人问:“你们是美国爱国者吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, sir!" Vinnie said proudly

维尼自豪地说:“是的,先生!”

旁白 neutral

" Good," the man said

“很好,”那人说。

旁白 neutral

He took out a piece of paper and wrote something on it

他拿出一张纸,在上面写了些什么。

旁白 neutral

" You must find John Adams and give this to him

“你必须找到约翰·亚当斯,把这个交给他。

旁白 neutral

Go quickly. No one will suspect you."

快去吧。没人会怀疑你们。”

旁白 neutral

" Yes, sir." Vinnie saluted, but the man didn't see

“是,先生。”维尼敬了个礼,但那人没看见。

旁白 neutral

He had already moved away to rejoin the others

他已经走开,重新加入其他人了。

旁白 neutral

" Vinnie! Why did you say that?" Mandy said

“维尼!你为什么那样说?”曼迪说。

旁白 neutral

" We don't even know who those men are!"

“我们根本不知道那些是谁!”

旁白 neutral

" John Hancock? John Adams? Come on, Mandy

“约翰·汉考克?约翰·亚当斯?拜托,曼迪,

旁白 neutral

We are in Boston

我们可是在波士顿。

旁白 neutral

These are the founders of our country!" Vinnie said passionately

这些人可都是我们国家的奠基者!”维尼激动地说。

旁白 neutral

" Right now, America is under British rule

“现在,美国还处在英国统治下,

旁白 neutral

We must help."

我们必须伸出援手。”

旁白 neutral

" So what can we do?" she asked

“那我们能做些什么呢?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

" Just as the man said, we must find John Adams," explained Vinnie

“就像那个人说的,我们必须找到约翰·亚当斯,”维尼解释道。

旁白 neutral

The children walked down the busy Boston streets

孩子们走在繁忙的波士顿街道上,

旁白 neutral

Horses, carriages, and wagons were everywhere

到处都是马匹、马车和货车。

旁白 neutral

Women were in simple cotton dresses

女人们穿着简朴的棉布裙。

旁白 neutral

Men wore three-cornered hats

男人们戴着三角帽。

旁白 neutral

As they approached an intersection, Vinnie and Mandy heard shouting and clapping

当他们走近一个路口时,维尼和曼迪听到了叫喊声和鼓掌声。

旁白 neutral

" What's going on?" Vinnie wondered

“出什么事了?”维尼感到纳闷。

旁白 neutral

On the next street, a crowd was gathered in front of a man standing on a barrel

在下一条街上,一群人聚在一个站在木桶上的男人面前。

旁白 neutral

He looked excited and angry

他看上去既激动又愤怒。

旁白 neutral

" Should we pay taxes to the British?" he shouted

“我们应该向英国人交税吗?”他喊道。

旁白 neutral

" No!" the crowd cheered

“不应该!”人群欢呼道。

旁白 neutral

" We have no vote!

“我们没有投票权!

旁白 neutral

We have no one to speak for us in England!" the man continued

在英国没有人替我们说话!”那个男人继续说。

旁白 neutral

People shouted loudly

人们大声喊叫着。

旁白 neutral

" The Redcoats take over our homes!

“英国兵强占了我们的家!

旁白 neutral

We pay too much for our tea!

我们的茶叶税太高了!

旁白 neutral

We even pay too much to mail our letters!" cried the man

我们甚至连寄信都要交那么多钱!”那男人喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Who is he?" Mandy asked a boy standing nearby

“他是谁?”曼迪问旁边站着的一个男孩。

旁白 neutral

" That's Mr. Keith, the grocer," said the boy

“那是杂货店的基思先生。”男孩说。

旁白 neutral

" Why is he shouting?" asked Vinnie

“他为什么大喊大叫?”维尼问。

旁白 neutral

The boy stared at them

男孩直盯着他们。

旁白 neutral

" You aren't from Boston, are you?" he said

“你们不是波士顿人吧?”他说。

旁白 neutral

" King George signed the Stamp Act

“乔治国王签署了《印花税法》。

旁白 neutral

The law makes us pay extra money, a tax, for everything we buy

这部法律让我们不管买什么都要多付一笔税钱。

旁白 neutral

Everyone is very angry about it."

大家对此都非常愤怒。”

旁白 neutral

" I never knew America was like this once," Mandy whispered to Vinnie

“我从不知道美国曾经是这样的。”曼迪轻声对维尼说。