Level 7 · 奥运冠军
🎬

E31 · Episodes

031 赫拉的诡计

赫拉的诡计

Little Fox Level 7 · Olympic Champion · Episode 31 — 赫拉的诡计.

73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

" Whoa!" Brody said as gasps and exclamations rang out from all around

“哇!”布罗迪说道,周围响起一片惊呼声。

旁白 neutral

Heracles was staring straight ahead, his expression stony

赫拉克勒斯直直地盯着前方,面无表情。

旁白 neutral

Nearby, Iphicles was hiding his face in his hands and shaking his head

不远处,伊菲克勒斯双手掩面,摇着头。

旁白 neutral

" This is bad," Julia muttered." This is really bad!"

“这下糟了,”朱莉娅咕哝着,“这下真的糟了!”

旁白 neutral

" I know," Brody agreed." The gods' bet makes the Olympics seem like a football game that nobody can win

“我明白,”布罗迪应和道,“众神的赌局让这奥运会变得像一场谁也赢不了的足球赛。

旁白 neutral

If I beat Heracles at even one event, he'll end up in that terrible Tartarus place."

哪怕我在一个项目上赢了赫拉克勒斯,他最后都得去那个可怕的塔尔塔洛斯。”

旁白 neutral

Julia nodded." If that happens, he might never become the great hero he's supposed to be!"

朱莉娅点点头:“如果发生那种事,他可能永远也成不了他注定要成为的伟大英雄了!”

旁白 neutral

" But if Heracles wins everything, Zeus might kill me or make me his slave," Brody reminded her

“可要是赫拉克勒斯全赢了,宙斯可能会杀了我或者让我当他的奴隶。”布罗迪提醒她。

旁白 neutral

" I don't like the sound of that, either."

“听起来我也不喜欢那种下场。”

旁白 neutral

" Neither do I. So what are we going to do?" Julia said." We need a plan."

“我也不喜欢。那我们该怎么办?”朱莉娅说,“我们得想个计划。”

旁白 neutral

" There's nothing we can do," Markos said." Now that the stakes are higher, the other gods will work even harder to defeat Heracles

“我们什么也做不了,”马科斯说。“现在赌注加高了,其他神会下更大功夫去打败赫拉克勒斯。”

旁白 neutral

We won't be able to stop them, and we will surely suffer if we try."

我们拦不住他们,要是去试的话,我们肯定会吃苦头。

旁白 neutral

" But Heracles is our friend now," Julia argued." We can't just — "

“可赫拉克勒斯现在是我们的朋友,”朱莉娅分辩说。“我们不能就这么——”

旁白 neutral

She stopped herself as Hermes flew over

赫尔墨斯飞过时,她止住了话。

旁白 neutral

The wings on his sandals were fluttering so fast that Brody could hardly see them

他凉鞋上的翅膀扑扇得飞快,布罗迪几乎都看不清。

旁白 neutral

" Come, boy." Hermes' eyes flashed with excitement

“过来,小子。”赫尔墨斯眼中闪着兴奋的光芒。

旁白 neutral

" This bet makes things much more interesting, does it not?

“这场赌局让事情变得有意思多了,对不对?

旁白 neutral

The champion who beats Heracles and sends him to Tartarus will become a legend

谁若能打败赫拉克勒斯并把他打进塔尔塔洛斯,谁就将成为传奇。

旁白 neutral

And I wish that person to be my champion! Let's get back to training!"

我真希望那个人就是我的冠军!走,回去训练!”

旁白 neutral

Over the next couple of days, Brody's life got even busier than it had been before

接下来几天里,布罗迪的日子过得比之前更忙了。

旁白 neutral

Hermes made him train for hours each day. In the evenings the messenger god lectured Brody on strategies to beat Heracles

赫尔墨斯让他每天训练好几个小时。晚上,这位信使之神就给布罗迪讲解击败赫拉克勒斯的策略。

旁白 neutral

It was pretty boring. Besides that, it left Brody no time to talk privately with Julia and Markos

这非常无聊。而且,这让布罗迪完全没有时间私下和朱莉娅、马科斯交谈。

旁白 neutral

One morning at breakfast, Julia set a platter of barley cakes in front of Brody

一天早上吃早餐时,朱莉娅把一盘大麦饼放到布罗迪面前。

旁白 neutral

Brody quickly looked around the table. Hermes had arrived, but he was busy talking to Caerus

布罗迪迅速地环视了一下餐桌。赫尔墨斯已经到了,但他正忙着和凯洛斯说话。

旁白 neutral

" Listen," Brody whispered to Julia." What are we going to do about Heracles?"

“听我说,”布罗迪低声对朱莉娅说。“赫拉克勒斯的事,我们该怎么办?”

旁白 neutral

" I don't know," Julia whispered back. She pretended to be serving more food so she could stand there for a minute

“我不知道,”朱莉娅也压低声音回答。她假装还要添菜,这样就能在那儿多站一会儿。

旁白 neutral

" But Markos and I are thinking about a plan."

“但我和马科斯正在想一个计划。”

旁白 neutral

" You'd better think fast," Brody said." The Olympics are only three days away!"

“你们最好快点想,”布罗迪说。“奥运会只剩三天了!”

旁白 neutral

" Hurry and eat, my champion," Hermes called suddenly." We have much work to do today."

“快吃吧,我的冠军,”赫尔墨斯突然喊道。“今天我们还有很多事要做。”

旁白 neutral

Brody started eating as Julia moved away. He knew he'd better eat fast

朱莉娅走开后,布罗迪开始吃东西。他知道自己最好赶紧吃完。

旁白 neutral

Hermes was impatient, and yesterday he hadn't even let Brody stop for lunch

赫尔墨斯很不耐烦,昨天他甚至没让布罗迪停下来吃午饭。

旁白 neutral

Training for the Olympics was hard enough without trying to do it on an empty stomach!

奥运会训练本来就够辛苦的,饿着肚子训练就更难了!

旁白 neutral

By the time Brody returned to Markos' house that evening, he was exhausted

那天晚上,布罗迪回到马科斯家时,已经精疲力尽了。

旁白 neutral

Hermes had made him practice every single event of the Games

赫尔墨斯让他把奥运会的每一个项目都练了一遍。

旁白 neutral

Brody's cheek was bruised where Athena's champion had hit him during their boxing match

布罗迪的脸颊上有淤青,是拳击比赛时雅典娜的冠军打伤的。

旁白 neutral

His leg throbbed where one of the chariot horses had kicked him

他的腿阵阵作痛,是战车赛时一匹马踢伤的。

旁白 neutral

Every muscle in his body ached from running and wrestling and throwing things

他浑身每一块肌肉都因跑步、摔跤和投掷而酸痛。

旁白 neutral

" I hope dinner is ready soon," he said, collapsing onto a bench in the courtyard

“我希望晚饭马上就好,”他说着一屁股瘫坐到院子里的长凳上。

旁白 neutral

" I want to go to sleep before Hermes shows up again. He'll probably spend hours telling me about all the ways I can beat Heracles."

“我想在赫尔墨斯再出现之前睡一觉。他可能会花好几个小时告诉我打败赫拉克勒斯的所有方法。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm glad Hermes let us walk home from the gymnasium by ourselves tonight," Julia said, glancing from Brody to Markos

“我很高兴赫尔墨斯今晚让我们自己从体育馆走回家,”朱莉娅说着,目光从布罗迪移向马科斯。

旁白 neutral

" He's been hanging around so much that we've barely had a chance to talk

他一直在附近晃来晃去,我们几乎没机会说话。

旁白 neutral

We still need to figure out what we're going to do about Hera's bet."

我们还得想出办法应对赫拉的赌约。”

旁白 neutral

Brody didn't respond. He was sniffing the air

布罗迪没有回答。他正嗅着空气。

旁白 neutral

" Do you guys smell something weird?" he asked." It definitely doesn't smell like dinner."

“你们有没有闻到一股怪味?”他问,“这肯定不是晚饭的味道。”

旁白 neutral

Julia pointed a short distance away." Look!"

朱莉娅指向不远处:“看!”

旁白 neutral

A thick cloud of white smoke was pouring into the courtyard

一大团白色的浓烟正涌入院子。

旁白 neutral

Markos coughed." It smells like incense. But where is it coming from?"

马科斯咳嗽起来。“闻起来像熏香。但从哪儿来的?”

旁白 neutral

Brody coughed too. The smoke was twirling around him now, making it hard to breathe. His lungs burned

布罗迪也咳了起来。烟雾正绕着他打转,让他呼吸困难,肺部灼痛。

旁白 neutral

" Let's get out of here!" He choked out the words

“我们快离开这儿!”他艰难地挤出这句话。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly the smoke disappeared, leaving Hermes in its place

突然烟雾消散,赫尔墨斯出现在了原地。

旁白 neutral

" I have important news, my champion!" Hermes declared

“我有重要消息,我的冠军!”赫尔墨斯宣布。

旁白 neutral

" I should have guessed the smoke was from Hermes," Markos muttered, his voice slightly hoarse." He has a special love for incense."

“我早该猜到这烟是赫尔墨斯弄的,”马科斯嘟囔着,声音有些沙哑,“他对熏香情有独钟。”

旁白 neutral

Hermes waved a hand to silence Markos

赫尔墨斯一挥手,示意马科斯安静。

旁白 neutral

" Did you not hear me? I have news!

“你没听见吗?我有消息!

旁白 neutral

Hera has just announced that she'll host a banquet to honor all the athletes and their sponsors."

赫拉刚刚宣布,她要举办一场宴会,款待所有运动员和他们的赞助人。”

旁白 neutral

" A banquet?" Brody's stomach grumbled. A big meal sounded pretty good just then." Is it tonight?"

“宴会?”布罗迪的肚子咕咕叫了起来。一顿大餐听起来真不错。“是今晚吗?”

旁白 neutral

Hermes chuckled." I see that my champion is as eager to celebrate as I am."

赫尔墨斯轻声笑了。“看来我的冠军和我一样,都急着要去庆祝呢。”

旁白 neutral

He clapped Brody on the back." The banquet is tomorrow evening."

他拍了拍布罗迪的后背。“宴会在明天晚上。”

旁白 neutral

" Why is Hera hosting a banquet?" Julia asked

“赫拉为什么要举办宴会?”茱莉亚问。

旁白 neutral

" Does that always happen before the Olympic Games?"

“奥运会前总会这样吗?”

旁白 neutral

" No, this is the first time. I suspect she's trying to make Zeus look bad for not thinking of it first." Hermes smirked

“不,这是第一次。我怀疑她是想让宙斯难堪,因为他没先想到这个点子。”赫尔墨斯坏笑了一下。

旁白 neutral

" But that won't stop everyone — even Zeus — from attending and having a splendid time."

“但这不会阻止大家——甚至包括宙斯——都来参加,并且玩个痛快。”

旁白 neutral

Markos bowed to Hermes." I am certain that you and Brody will enjoy the festivities, Hermes."

马科斯向赫尔墨斯鞠了一躬。“赫尔墨斯,我相信你和布罗迪一定会享受这场盛会的。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm certain of that too," Hermes said with a smile

“我也很确信,”赫尔墨斯微笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" But you'll be able to see for yourself, my boy

“不过你可以自己亲眼看看,我的孩子。

旁白 neutral

As Brody's companion, you shall attend as well."

作为布罗迪的同伴,你也应该出席。”

旁白 neutral

" Really?" Markos' eyes lit up

“真的吗?”马科斯眼睛一亮。

旁白 neutral

" Cool." Brody grinned at Markos." This banquet sounds like fun."

“酷。”布罗迪对马科斯咧嘴一笑。“这宴会听起来挺有意思的。”

旁白 neutral

" What about me?" Julia asked." Can I come too?"

“那我呢?”茱莉亚问。“我也能来吗?”

旁白 neutral

" You?" Hermes laughed." Don't be silly. Of course not!"

“你?”赫尔墨斯大笑起来。“别傻了。当然不行!”

旁白 neutral

Brody was surprised." Why can't she come?"

布罗迪很惊讶。“她为什么不能来?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, you mortals!" Hermes kept chuckling." Excuse me, I want to see if dinner is ready

“哦,你们这些凡人!”赫尔墨斯继续咯咯地笑着。“失陪一下,我去看看晚饭好了没。

旁白 neutral

Preparing my champion for Olympic glory is hungry work."

把我的冠军训练成奥林匹克英雄,可是很费体力的活。”