L48 · 第 41–48 课
第48课
Planning a Share Portfolio
新概念英语第 4 册 · 第 48 课
25 句 · 父母与孩子分角色配音
旁白 neutral
There is no shortage of tipsters around offering 'get-rich-quick' opportunities.
身边不乏提供“快速致富”机会的内幕消息者。
旁白 neutral
But if you are a serious private investor, leave the Las Vegas mentality to those with money to fritter.
但如果你是一个认真的私人投资者,就把那种拉斯维加斯的心态留给那些有钱可挥霍的人吧。
旁白 neutral
The serious investor needs a proper 'portfolio' --a well-planned selection of investments, with a definite structure and a clear aim.
认真的投资者需要一个合适的“投资组合”——一个精心策划的投资选择,具有明确的结构和清晰的目标。
旁白 neutral
But exactly how does a newcomer to the stock market go about achieving that?
但股市新手究竟如何才能做到这一点呢?
旁白 neutral
Well, if you go to five reputable stock brokers and ask them what you should do with your money,
嗯,如果你去找五位声誉良好的股票经纪人,问他们你该如何处理你的钱,
旁白 neutral
you're likely to get five different answers,
你很可能会得到五种不同的答案,
旁白 neutral
-- even if you give all the relevant information about your age, family, finances and what you want from your investments.
——即使你提供了所有关于你的年龄、家庭、财务状况以及你希望从投资中获得什么的相关信息。
旁白 neutral
Moral? There is no one 'right' way to structure a portfolio.
结论?没有一个“正确”的方法来构建投资组合。
旁白 neutral
However, there are undoubtedly some wrong ways, and you can be sure that none of our five advisers
然而,无疑有一些错误的方法,你可以肯定,我们的五位顾问中没有一人会
旁白 neutral
would have suggested sinking all (or perhaps any) of your money into Periwigs.
建议你把所有(或者说任何)钱投入到Periwigs公司。
旁白 neutral
So what should you do?
那么你该怎么做呢?
旁白 neutral
We'll assume that you have sorted out the basics--like mortgages, pensions, insurance and access to sufficient cash reserves.
我们假设你已经解决了基本问题——比如抵押贷款、养老金、保险和拥有足够的现金储备。
旁白 neutral
You should then establish your own individual aims.
然后你应该确立自己的个人目标。
旁白 neutral
These are partly a matter of personal circumstances, partly a matter of psychology.
这些部分取决于个人情况,部分取决于心理因素。
旁白 neutral
For instance, if you are older you have less time to recover from any major losses, and you may well wish to boost your pension income.
例如,如果你年龄较大,从任何重大损失中恢复的时间较短,而且你很可能希望增加你的养老金收入。
旁白 neutral
So preserving your capital and generating extra income are your main priorities.
因此,保住你的本金并获得额外收入是你的主要优先事项。
旁白 neutral
In this case, you'd probably construct a portfolio with some shares (but not high risk ones), along with gilts, cash deposits,
在这种情况下,你可能会构建一个包含一些股票(但不是高风险的)、政府债券、现金存款、
旁白 neutral
and perhaps convertibles or the income shares of split capital investment trusts.
也许还有可转换债券或分级资本投资信托的收益股的投资组合。
旁白 neutral
If you are younger, and in a solid financial position,
如果你比较年轻,且财务状况稳健,
旁白 neutral
you may decide to take an aggressive approach--but only if you're blessed with a sanguine disposition and won't suffer sleepless nights over share prices.
你可能会决定采取激进的策略——但前提是你拥有乐观的性格,并且不会因为股价而彻夜难眠。
旁白 neutral
If you recognize yourself in this description,
如果你认为自己符合这个描述,
旁白 neutral
you might include a couple of heady growth stocks in your portfolio, alongside your more pedestrian investments.
你可以在你的投资组合中加入几只涨势强劲的成长股,以及一些更稳健的投资。
旁白 neutral
Once you have decided on your investment aims you can then decide where to put your money.
一旦你确定了你的投资目标,你就可以决定把钱投到哪里。
旁白 neutral
The golden rule here is spread your risk--if you put all of your money into Periwigs International,
这里的黄金法则是分散风险——如果你把所有钱都投入到Periwigs国际公司,
旁白 neutral
you're setting yourself up as a hostage to fortune.
你就是在把自己置于命运的摆布之下。