新概念英语第2册美音
📗

L95 · 第 73–96 课

A Fantasy

A Fantasy

新概念英语第 2 册 · 第 95 课

22 句 · 父母与孩子分角色配音

旁白 neutral

When the Ambassador of Escalopia returned home for lunch, his wife got a shock.

当埃斯卡洛皮亚大使回家吃午饭时,他的妻子吓了一跳。

旁白 neutral

He looked pale and his clothes were in a frightful state.

他脸色苍白,衣服也糟透了。

旁白 neutral

'What has happened?' she asked.

“出什么事了?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

'How did your clothes get into such a mess?'

“你的衣服怎么搞得这么乱?”

旁白 neutral

'A fire extinguisher, my dear,' answered the Ambassador drily.

“灭火器,亲爱的,”大使干巴巴地回答道。

旁白 neutral

'University students set the Embassy on fire this morning.'

“今天早上大学生把大使馆点着了。”

旁白 neutral

'Good heavens!' exclaimed his wife.

“天哪!”他的妻子惊呼道。

旁白 neutral

'And where were you at the time?'

“那你当时在哪里?”

旁白 neutral

'I was in my office as usual,' answered the Ambassador.

“我像往常一样在办公室里,”大使回答道。

旁白 neutral

'The fire broke out in the basement.

“火灾发生在地下室。

旁白 neutral

I went down immediately, of course, and that fool, Horst,

我当然立刻下去了,然后那个傻瓜霍斯特,

旁白 neutral

aimed a fire extinguisher at me.

把灭火器对准了我。

旁白 neutral

He thought I was on fire.

他以为我着火了。

旁白 neutral

I must definitely get that fellow posted.'

我一定要把那个家伙调走。”

旁白 neutral

The Ambassador's wife went on asking questions,

大使夫人继续提问,

旁白 neutral

when she suddenly noticed a big hole in her husband's hat.

突然她发现丈夫的帽子上有一个大洞。

旁白 neutral

'And how can you explain that?' she asked.

“那你怎么解释那个?”她问道。

旁白 neutral

'Oh, that,' said the Ambassador.

“哦,那个,”大使说道。

旁白 neutral

'Someone fired a shot through my office window.

“有人朝我办公室窗户开了一枪。

旁白 neutral

Accurate, don't you think?

够准的,不是吗?

旁白 neutral

Fortunately, I wasn't wearing it at the time.

幸好,我当时没戴着它。

旁白 neutral

If I had been, I would not have been able to get home for lunch.'

如果我当时戴着,我就不能回家吃午饭了。”