新概念英语第2册美音
📗

L87 · 第 73–96 课

A Perfect Alibi

A Perfect Alibi

新概念英语第 2 册 · 第 87 课

16 句 · 父母与孩子分角色配音

旁白 neutral

'At the time the murder was committed, I was travelling on the 8 o'clock train to London,' said the man.

“在谋杀发生的时候,我正坐8点钟的火车去伦敦。”那人说。

旁白 neutral

'Do you always catch such an early train?' asked the inspector.

“你总是赶这么早的火车吗?”探长问。

旁白 neutral

'Of course I do,' answered the man.

“我当然是。”那人回答。

旁白 neutral

'I must be at work at 10 o'clock.

“我10点钟必须上班。

旁白 neutral

My employer will confirm that I was there on time.'

我的雇主可以证明我准时到了那里。”

旁白 neutral

'Would a later train get you to work on time?' asked the inspector.

“晚一点的火车也能让你准时上班吗?”探长问。

旁白 neutral

'I suppose it would, but I never catch a later train.'

“我想是的,但我从不赶晚一点的火车。”

旁白 neutral

'At what time did you arrive at the station?'

“你什么时候到车站的?”

旁白 neutral

'At ten to eight. I bought a paper and waited for the train.'

“7点50分。我买了一份报纸,然后等火车。”

旁白 neutral

'And you didn't notice anything unusual?'

“你没注意到什么不寻常的事情吗?”

旁白 neutral

'Of course not.'

“当然没有。”

旁白 neutral

'I suggest,' said the inspector,' that you are not telling the truth.

“我猜想,”探长说,“你没有说实话。

旁白 neutral

I suggest that you did not catch the 8 o'clock train,

我猜想你并没有赶上8点钟的火车,

旁白 neutral

but that you caught the 8.25 which would still get you to work on time.

而是赶了8点25分的火车,那也能让你准时上班。

旁白 neutral

You see, on the morning of the murder, the 8 o'clock train did not run at all.

你看,在谋杀发生的那天早上,8点钟的火车根本就没有开。

旁白 neutral

It broke down at Ferngreen station and was taken off the line.'

它在弗恩格林车站出了故障,被拉下了线路。”