新概念英语第2册美音
📗

L78 · 第 73–96 课

The Last One

The Last One

新概念英语第 2 册 · 第 78 课

13 句 · 父母与孩子分角色配音

旁白 neutral

After reading an article entitled 'Cigarette Smoking and Your Health' I lit a cigarette to calm my nerves.

读了一篇题为《吸烟与健康》的文章后,我点燃了一支香烟来镇定情绪。

旁白 neutral

I smoked with concentration and pleasure as I was sure that this would be my last cigarette.

我聚精会神、津津有味地抽着,因为我确信这是我的最后一支香烟了。

旁白 neutral

For a whole week I did not smoke at all and during this time my wife suffered terribly.

整整一个星期我根本没吸烟,在此期间我妻子可遭了大罪了。

旁白 neutral

I had all the usual symptoms of someone giving up smoking: a bad temper and an enormous appetite.

我具备了戒烟者的所有常见症状:脾气暴躁,胃口大开。

旁白 neutral

My friends kept on offering me cigarettes and cigars.

我的朋友们不断地给我递香烟和雪茄。

旁白 neutral

They made no effort to hide their amusement whenever I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket.

每当我从口袋里掏出一包糖果时,他们都毫不掩饰地取笑我。

旁白 neutral

After seven days of this I went to a party.

这样过了7天,我参加了一个聚会。

旁白 neutral

Everybody around me was smoking and I felt extremely uncomfortable.

我周围的人都在吸烟,我感到非常不舒服。

旁白 neutral

When my old friend Brian urged me to accept a cigarette, it was more than I could bear.

当我的老朋友布赖恩极力劝我抽一支烟时,我再也忍不住了。

旁白 neutral

I took one guiltily, lit it and smoked with satisfaction.

我内疚地拿了一支,点上,心满意足地抽了起来。

旁白 neutral

My wife was delighted that things had returned to normal once more.

我妻子很高兴一切又恢复了正常。

旁白 neutral

Anyway, as Brian pointed out, it is the easiest thing in the world to give up smoking.

不过,正如布赖恩指出的,戒烟是世界上最容易的事情。

旁白 neutral

He himself has done it lots of times!

他自己就戒过好多次了!