Level 6 · 怪物学院
🎬

E82 · Episodes

082 我们能养宠物吗

我们能养宠物吗

Little Fox · Monster Academy · Episode 82 — 我们能养宠物吗.

80 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Later that evening Ben was eating dinner with his family

那天晚上晚些时候,本正在和家人一起吃晚饭。

旁白 neutral

" How was school today?" Ben's father asked

“今天在学校怎么样?”本的爸爸问道。

旁白 neutral

" Were monsters getting ready for the pet show?"

“怪物们都在为宠物表演做准备吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes," Ben said." When I signed up to volunteer, I got to see some cool pets

“是的,”本说。“我报名当志愿者时,看到了一些很酷的宠物。

旁白 neutral

The real show takes place tomorrow and Saturday."

真正的表演在明天和星期六举行。”

旁白 neutral

He told his family about the obedience, tricks, and best pet competitions

他向家人讲述了服从、技巧和最佳宠物的比赛。

旁白 neutral

" I hope you're not shopping for a pet," his mother said

“我希望你不是在挑宠物,”他妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

Ben took another bite of creeploaf and didn't answer

本又吃了一口怪味肉糕,没有回答。

旁白 neutral

But his brother Sid's ears had perked up

但他的弟弟西德的耳朵却竖了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Can we get a pet, Mom? Please?"

“我们能养只宠物吗,妈妈?求你了?”

旁白 neutral

His mother looked at Ben

他的妈妈看着本。

旁白 neutral

" Please pass the spoiled eggs, Ben. The slime sauce too."

“请把臭鸡蛋递过来,本。还有粘液酱。”

旁白 neutral

Ben passed the food as Sid tried another approach

本把食物递过去,这时西德换了种方式尝试。

旁白 neutral

" Can I at least go to the pet show?" he asked

“那我至少能去宠物秀吗?”他问道。

旁白 neutral

" I want to see some cool pets too."

“我也想去看看很酷的宠物。”

旁白 neutral

" Maybe we can all go to the show together," Ben's dad suggested

“也许我们可以全家人一起去宠物秀,”本的爸爸提议道。

旁白 neutral

He put a big pile of fried bat wings on his plate

他往自己盘子里放了一大堆炸蝙蝠翅膀。

旁白 neutral

" Sid's right. It would be interesting to see the pets — and it could be a fun family outing."

“西德说得对。去看看宠物会很有趣——这也可以是一次愉快的家庭出游。”

旁白 neutral

Ben's mother shook her head." I don't know if that's such a good idea."

本的妈妈摇了摇头。“我不知道那是不是个好主意。”

旁白 neutral

" I know you don't like dogs, Mom," Ben said

“我知道你不喜欢狗,妈妈,”本说。

旁白 neutral

" But there will be other pets at the show."

“但宠物秀上还会有其他宠物的。”

旁白 neutral

She shuddered." I can't stand most animals

她打了个哆嗦。“大多数动物我都受不了。

旁白 neutral

Uncle Edgar's bird gives me the creeps

埃德加叔叔的鸟让我毛骨悚然。

旁白 neutral

Aunt Petunia's stinkworm makes her house smell terrible, and the neighbors' tarantula is always digging up our backyard!"

佩妮阿姨的臭虫让她家臭气熏天,邻居的狼蛛还总是乱挖我们的后院!”

旁白 neutral

Ben's father put down his fork

本的爸爸放下了叉子。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe Ben, Sid, and I will go to the show," he said

“也许本、西德和我去看宠物秀,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" You can stay home, honey."

“你可以待在家里,亲爱的。”

旁白 neutral

" You're forgetting something," she said." Sid is allergic to some animals."

“你忘了件事,”她说,“西德对有些动物过敏。”

旁白 neutral

" It's okay, Mom," Sid said quickly

“没关系,妈妈,”西德很快地说道。

旁白 neutral

" I just break out in green spots

“我只不过会长出绿色的斑点而已。

旁白 neutral

Green spots are a little itchy, but they look cool!

绿色的斑点有点痒,但看起来很酷!

旁白 neutral

I'll put up with hundreds of green spots, if it means we can have a pet."

只要能养宠物,我愿意忍受长几百个绿斑点。"

旁白 neutral

" Good one, Sid!" Ben thought, glancing hopefully at his mother

"说得好,西德!"本想,满怀希望地瞥了妈妈一眼。

旁白 neutral

But her lips were tightly pursed

但妈妈的嘴唇却紧紧抿着。

旁白 neutral

" We're not getting a pet," she said firmly

"我们不会养宠物的。"她坚决地说。

旁白 neutral

" Right now we are only talking about pets — and the pet show."

"我们现在只是在谈论宠物——还有宠物秀。"

旁白 neutral

" Where we can definitely find a pet that you'll like!" Ben said

"在那里我们一定能找到你会喜欢的宠物!"本说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll be at the show all weekend long. It's a great opportunity!"

"我整个周末都会待在宠物秀上。这是个绝好的机会!"

旁白 neutral

Sid clapped his hands." Yeah!"

西德拍手叫好:"太棒了!"

旁白 neutral

" Boys, that's not what I said."

"孩子们,我说的不是这个意思。"

旁白 neutral

Ben's mother closed her eyes and took a deep breath

本的妈妈闭上眼睛,深吸了一口气。

旁白 neutral

Then she opened them again

然后她又睁开了眼睛。

旁白 neutral

" Okay, I'll think about it. But I'm making no promises."

“好吧,我会考虑一下。但我可不保证什么。”

旁白 neutral

" I can help Ben look at pets at the show," Sid said

“我可以帮本在表演会上看看宠物,”西德说。

旁白 neutral

" We'll do a simple test. If I don't get green spots, I'm not allergic."

“我们会做个简单的测试。要是我没起绿斑点,就说明我不过敏。”

旁白 neutral

Their mother tapped a finger on the table." Hmm..."

他们的妈妈用手指轻轻敲着桌子。“嗯……”

旁白 neutral

" We can at least let the boys look around at the show," their father said

“我们至少可以让孩子们在表演会上四处看看吧,”他们的爸爸说。

旁白 neutral

" There's no harm in that."

“那又没什么坏处。”

旁白 neutral

" Please, Mom," Ben pleaded softly

“求你了,妈妈,”本轻声恳求道。

旁白 neutral

" All right," she said at last

“好吧,”她终于说道。

旁白 neutral

" You two can look." She stared hard at Ben

“你们两个可以去看看。”她紧紧地盯着本。

旁白 neutral

" But if Sid starts sneezing or itching a lot, you have to bring him home immediately."

“但如果西德开始猛打喷嚏或痒得厉害,你就得马上带他回家。”

旁白 neutral

" Bring him home?" Ben repeated

“带他回家?”本重复道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," his mother said

“是的,”他妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll drop Sid off at Monster Academy tomorrow after school

“明天放学后我会把西德送到怪物学院。

旁白 neutral

You can keep an eye on him."

你可以照看着他。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, boy!" Sid shouted." This is going to be great!"

“哦,太棒了!”西德喊道。“这下可有意思了!”

旁白 neutral

" But I have volunteer stuff to do at the show," Ben moaned

“可我在秀场有志愿者的事要做,”本咕哝道。

旁白 neutral

Besides, he wanted to hang out with his friends

再说,他还想和朋友们待在一起。

旁白 neutral

" Sid can help you with the duties," his mother said

“西德可以给你打下手,”他妈妈说。

旁白 neutral

" I'm sure he won't get in the way."

“我肯定他不会碍事的。”

旁白 neutral

" But — "

“可是——”

旁白 neutral

Ben's father cut him off with a stern look

本的爸爸用严厉的眼神制止了他。

旁白 neutral

" A ghost who wants a pet needs to show responsibility, Ben

“一个想要宠物的幽灵得表现出责任感,本。

旁白 neutral

So you should certainly be able to take care of your little brother for a few hours without difficulty."

所以你照看弟弟几个小时,当然应该一点问题都没有。”

旁白 neutral

Ben was trapped." Okay," he said with a heavy sigh

本无话可说了。“好吧,”他重重地叹了口气。

旁白 neutral

When Ben arrived at Monster Academy the next day, he grinned at the unusual scene

第二天本到怪物学院时,对着那不同寻常的景象咧嘴笑了。

旁白 neutral

As always, monsters were streaming into the school building

怪物们像往常一样涌进教学楼。

旁白 neutral

But today some of them had brought their pets with them

但今天有些怪物带了自己的宠物。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Freaky stood outside, blowing his noses

费立奇先生站在外面,挨个儿擤着鼻子。

旁白 neutral

" Now, students. Remember what I said:

“好了,同学们。记住我说过的话:

旁白 neutral

This afternoon you'll have an opportunity to work with your pets

今天下午你们有机会和自己的宠物互动。

旁白 neutral

Until then, let's keep everything under control!"

在那之前,所有事都要保持有序!”

旁白 neutral

Ben looked around. Gaby had her giant albino shrew

本环顾四周。盖比带着她的白化巨型鼩鼱。

旁白 neutral

A vampire had brought a spider

一个吸血鬼带了只蜘蛛。

旁白 neutral

Jen had her singing slug, and Cleo was towing a pet jackal with a leash

珍带着她的唱歌蛞蝓,克莉奥用皮带牵着一只宠物胡狼。

旁白 neutral

" Lucky Deb," Ben thought as he gazed at the pets

“黛布真幸运,”本望着那些宠物想。

旁白 neutral

She had a funny piranha-keet that she had taught to speak

她有一只滑稽的食人鱼鹦鹉,她教会了它说话。

旁白 neutral

" Wrawck!" the bird squawked

“呱!”那鸟哑着嗓子叫。

旁白 neutral

" Everything is totally under control!"

“一切完全尽在掌控之中!”