Level 7 · 小妇人
🎬

E49 · Episodes

049 意外来访

意外来访

Little Fox Level 7 · Little Women · Episode 49 — 意外来访.

83 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Establishing Beth's school was a family affair

建立贝思的学校是全家的事。

旁白 neutral

Father worked all day on the roof repairs while Jo and Mother took charge of the painting

父亲整天修理屋顶,乔和母亲负责刷漆。

旁白 neutral

John, on the days he didn't work, came to help with the floors, and Meg provided the refreshments while her babies entertained all the workers

约翰不工作的日子就来帮忙铺地板,梅格提供茶点,她的孩子们逗乐了所有工人。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Laurence, of course, was in charge of the entire project

劳伦斯先生自然负责整个项目。

旁白 neutral

The transformation of the old house was amazing, as each day, the place looked fresher and improved

老房子的变化令人惊叹,每天这里都显得更清新、更完善。

旁白 neutral

" Does anyone need a drink?" Meg called, holding up an inviting glass of cold juice

“有人要喝一杯吗?”梅格举起一杯诱人的冷果汁喊道。

旁白 neutral

" I think we all do," stated Mr. Laurence as he motioned for everyone to take a break

“我想我们都需要,”劳伦斯先生说,示意大家休息一下。

旁白 neutral

While the workers were satisfying their thirst, a carriage slowly pulled up at the house

工人们正解渴时,一辆马车缓缓停在了房子前。

旁白 neutral

A tall, sturdy young man got out, then held out his hand to a stylishly dressed young lady

一个高大结实的年轻人下了车,然后向一位穿着时髦的年轻女士伸出手。

旁白 neutral

She kissed the young man. Then, looking at the crowd in front of the house, she yelled," Mother! Father! Meg! Jo! It's me!"

她吻了那个年轻人,然后望着房前的人群喊道:“妈妈!爸爸!梅格!乔!是我!”

旁白 neutral

" Amy?" Mother called, not sure she could believe her eyes

“艾美?”母亲喊道,几乎不敢相信自己的眼睛。

旁白 neutral

Then she ran to meet her youngest daughter. She hadn't seen her in a year

随即她奔向前去迎接小女儿,她已经整整一年没见到她了。

旁白 neutral

Amy, too, lifted her skirts, and forgetting her ladylike manners, ran to embrace her dear mother

艾美也提起裙摆,顾不得淑女的形象,跑过去拥抱亲爱的母亲。

旁白 neutral

" I can't believe you're home!" cried Mother, showering Amy with hugs and kisses

“真不敢相信你回家了!”母亲喊道,不停地拥抱亲吻艾美。

旁白 neutral

" Laurie!" shouted Jo when she noticed him lingering awkwardly by the carriage

“劳瑞!”乔发现他在马车旁尴尬地徘徊,便大喊一声。

旁白 neutral

He lifted his head eagerly as he saw his best friend running toward him with outstretched arms

他看见最好的朋友张开双臂向他跑来,便急切地抬起头。

旁白 neutral

Giving her a big hug, Laurie said," It's so good to see you, Jo."

劳瑞给了她一个大大的拥抱,说道:“见到你真好,乔。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm so happy to see you, Laurie," replied Jo," even though your dashing clothes are now covered in paint."

“见到你我也很开心,劳瑞,”乔回答,“尽管你漂亮的衣服现在沾满了颜料。”

旁白 neutral

Laughing, he said," I don't think my wife will object under the circumstances."

他笑着说:“我想在这种情况下,我太太是不会介意的。”

旁白 neutral

" Your wife?" Jo asked, stunned

“你太太?”乔愣住了,问道。

旁白 neutral

Amy walked over to Laurie and waited till the others had caught up before announcing," We got married in Italy last week."

艾美走到劳瑞身边,等大家都跟上来后才宣布:"我们上周在意大利结婚了。"

旁白 neutral

For a moment, no one said a word until Jo, recovering from the shock first, congratulated them sincerely

一时间,没人说话,直到乔最先从震惊中回过神来,真诚地祝贺了他们。

旁白 neutral

" I'm so happy for you both!" she said, her voice choked with emotion

"我真为你们俩感到高兴!"她说道,声音因激动而哽咽。

旁白 neutral

" Thank you, Jo," Amy said warmly as she looked deeply into her sister's eyes

"谢谢你,乔。"艾美凝视着姐姐的眼睛,温暖地说。

旁白 neutral

" Not only do I have my sister back," said Jo, taking their hands," but now I have a new brother. I'm so pleased."

"我不仅找回了我的妹妹,"乔握住他们的手说,"现在还有了一个新弟弟。我太高兴了。"

旁白 neutral

Soon everyone joined in congratulating the newly married couple

很快,大家都跟着祝贺这对新婚夫妇,

旁白 neutral

until Mr. Laurence decided to call it a day and invited everyone to his home to celebrate

直到劳伦斯先生决定今天到此为止,并邀请大家去他家庆祝。

旁白 neutral

While Amy rode back with Mother, Meg, and the babies, Laurie decided to walk back with Jo

艾美和妈妈、梅格以及孩子们乘车回去,劳瑞则决定和乔一起走回去。

旁白 neutral

" I have so much to say, but I don't know how," Laurie said to Jo

"我有很多话想说,却又不知从何说起。"劳瑞对乔说。

旁白 neutral

" Then you don't need to say it," Jo replied

"那就不用说了。"乔回答。

旁白 neutral

" We mustn't be burdened by the past but look forward to what lies ahead."

我们不该被过去牵绊,而要放眼未来。

旁白 neutral

" I'll always love you, you know," said Laurie

“我会永远爱你,你知道的。”劳瑞说。

旁白 neutral

" But it's a different love than the kind I feel for Amy."

“但这份爱与我对艾美的爱不同。”

旁白 neutral

" And you will always be my dear boy, my best friend," said Jo." I will always love you."

“而你永远是我亲爱的男孩,我最好的朋友,”乔说,“我也会永远爱你。”

旁白 neutral

Jo and Laurie found great peace knowing that despite the bumpy road, their friendship had survived

乔和劳瑞心中安然,因为他们知道,尽管路途坎坷,他们的友谊经受住了考验。

旁白 neutral

At the Laurences' a feast was under way

在劳伦斯家,一场盛宴正在进行。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Laurence wanted to know why Laurie and Amy had gotten married so quickly

劳伦斯先生想知道劳瑞和艾美为什么这么快就结了婚。

旁白 neutral

More importantly, he wondered why they chose to do so in Italy

更重要的是,他不明白他们为何选择在意大利成婚。

旁白 neutral

" France would have been a more romantic location, I should think," Mr. Laurence said with regret

“我想,法国本应是个更浪漫的地方。”劳伦斯先生不无遗憾地说。

旁白 neutral

Jo watched Amy place her hand on Laurie's as he tried to answer his grandfather's questions

乔看到艾美将手覆在劳瑞的手上,劳瑞则努力回答祖父的提问。

旁白 neutral

" What a lovely couple they make," Jo thought, and she truly meant it

“他们真是天造地设的一对,”乔心想,而且她发自内心地这么觉得。

旁白 neutral

Suddenly, the servant announced to Mr. Laurence," We have a visitor, sir."

突然,仆人向劳伦斯先生通报:“先生,有客人来访。”

旁白 neutral

" A visitor?" Mr. Laurence looked around." We're not expecting someone else, are we?"

“有客人?”劳伦斯先生环顾四周。“我们没在等别的什么人吧?”

旁白 neutral

" The gentleman says he is a friend of Miss Jo's," the servant continued

“那位先生说,他是乔小姐的朋友。”仆人继续说道。

旁白 neutral

" A friend of mine?" Jo repeated as she stood up

“我的朋友?”乔重复着,站了起来。

旁白 neutral

" Then show him in, by all means," said Mr. Laurence

“那就快请他进来吧。”劳伦斯先生说道。

旁白 neutral

To Jo's complete surprise, the Professor walked in, holding his hat nervously in his hand but with his head held up with dignity

让乔完全没想到的是,走进来的是教授,他手里紧张地抓着帽子,但头仍然庄重地昂着。

旁白 neutral

" Professor Bauer! Fritz!" Jo shouted, her voice giving away her delight in seeing him

“巴尔教授!弗里茨!”乔喊道,她的声音暴露了见到他的喜悦。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Miss Jo." His features softened as he recognized a familiar face

“哦,乔小姐。”认出了熟悉的面孔,他的神情柔和了下来。

旁白 neutral

" I apologize for the unannounced visit but... it is a long story."

“为这次冒昧的来访,我很抱歉……不过……这说来话长。”

旁白 neutral

" No need to explain," Jo said happily

“不用解释,”乔高兴地说。

旁白 neutral

" Everyone, this is Professor Friedrich Bauer, my dear friend from New York."

“诸位,这位是弗里德里希·巴尔教授,我在纽约的挚友。”

旁白 neutral

No other words were necessary for once they heard who he was, the Professor was welcomed like a family member

大家一听到他是谁,便无须多言,教授被当成家人一样欢迎。

旁白 neutral

Jo made space for him at the table and soon they were all laughing and talking like old friends

乔在桌旁给他腾了个位置,很快大家就像老朋友一样谈笑风生。

旁白 neutral

" Where are you staying, Professor?" asked Mr. Laurence

“您住在哪儿,教授?”劳伦斯先生问。

旁白 neutral

When the Professor named a local hotel in town, Mr. Laurence shook his head and said," That won't do at all. You must be my guest here."

教授说出镇上的一家本地旅馆时,劳伦斯先生摇头说:“那怎么行。您一定得在这儿做客。”

旁白 neutral

Then he rang for his servant to collect the Professor's belongings and bring them to the mansion

然后他摇铃叫仆人去取教授的行李,搬到大宅来。

旁白 neutral

Jo still could not believe how easily the Professor blended in with her family and friends

乔简直不敢相信教授能如此自然地融入她的家人和朋友中间,

旁白 neutral

sitting at the same table and telling jokes and stories as if he had known them all his life

坐在同一张桌旁讲笑话、说故事,好像认识大家一辈子了。

旁白 neutral

" Jo?" Mr. Laurence had to call twice to get her attention." Jo?"

“乔?”劳伦斯先生叫了两声才引起她的注意,“乔?”

旁白 neutral

" Oh, sorry," Jo said." I didn't hear you."

“哦,抱歉,”乔说,“我没听见你说话。”

旁白 neutral

" Would you mind taking Professor Bauer to see the school tomorrow morning?

“你愿意明天早上带巴尔教授去看看学校吗?

旁白 neutral

I've formally asked him to become the headmaster but he hasn't given me his answer

我已经正式邀请他担任校长,但他还没给我答复。

旁白 neutral

Make sure you get it from him tomorrow," Mr. Laurence said with a wink

明天务必让他给你个答复,”劳伦斯先生眨眨眼说。

旁白 neutral

Smiling at him, Jo said she would be more than happy to do that

乔对他笑了笑,说她非常乐意去办这件事。

旁白 neutral

The next morning, true to her word, Jo escorted the Professor to the school site, asking him along the way about his life in New York

第二天早上,乔说到做到,陪着教授来到学校校址,一路上问起他在纽约的生活。

旁白 neutral

" Never mind me, Jo," he said." I am more concerned about you

“别管我了,乔,”他说,“我更关心你。

旁白 neutral

How are you coping with the loss of your dear sister?"

你失去亲爱的妹妹后,现在怎么样了?”

旁白 neutral

As it always was with the Professor, Jo felt safe and secure showing him her deepest feelings

和以往见到教授时一样,乔觉得安心踏实,可以向他袒露心底最深的感受。

旁白 neutral

By the time they reached the school, the Professor had already offered his warm words of encouragement and hope to Jo

等他们走到学校时,教授已经对乔说了许多温暖、充满鼓励与希望的话。

旁白 neutral

" Well, here we are," Jo said as she stepped back for him to view the school

“好,我们到了,”乔说着,后退一步让他看看学校。

旁白 neutral

" It doesn't look like much yet, but we hope to open it by the next school year."

“现在看着还不成样子,但我们希望下个学年能开学。”

旁白 neutral

" It exceeds all my expectations," the Professor said, his eyes watering with emotion

“这完全超出了我的预期,”教授说,激动得眼眶湿润。

旁白 neutral

" It will be smaller classes, but the school promises to look after the individual needs and talents of each student," Jo went on to explain

“班级会小一些,但这所学校保证会照顾到每个学生的个人需求和天赋,”乔接着解释道。

旁白 neutral

" As all good schools should," the Professor agreed

“所有好学校都应该这样,”教授赞同道。

旁白 neutral

" As Mr. Laurence mentioned last night, he is eager for you to become the headmaster of the school," Jo said

“就像劳伦斯先生昨晚提到的,他热切期盼你能成为这所学校的校长,”乔说。

旁白 neutral

" And you?" the Professor asked Jo

“那你呢?”教授问乔。

旁白 neutral

" I'm to be your assistant, organizing lessons, making sure the pupils are behaving, and mending socks," Jo said with a twinkle in her eye

“我会做你的助手,安排课程、管好学生、补补袜子,”乔眼里闪着光说道。

旁白 neutral

" Then," the Professor said, puffing out his chest," I will gladly accept."

“那么,”教授挺起胸膛说,“我非常乐意接受。”

旁白 neutral

They shook hands wholeheartedly

两人诚恳地握了握手。

旁白 neutral

" By the way, have you decided on a name for the school?" he asked

“对了,你给学校起好名字了吗?”他问。

旁白 neutral

Jo nodded." Yes," she said with a smile

乔点点头。“起好了,”她笑着说。

旁白 neutral

" It's going to be called Buffalo Academy."

“就叫布法罗学院。”