E42 · Episodes
042 坦白与真心
坦白与真心
Little Fox Level 7 · Little Women · Episode 42 — 坦白与真心.
74 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Just a few days before Jo was to leave, she received a letter from Beth telling her about Meg's pregnancy
就在乔要离开的几天前,她收到了贝丝的信,信里告诉她梅格怀孕的消息。
旁白 neutral
Coincidentally it was the Professor who delivered the mail to Jo that day, so she shared the good news with him
巧的是,那天正是教授把信交给乔的,所以她立刻和他分享了这个好消息。
旁白 neutral
" I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt!" she shouted in delight
“真不敢相信我要当姨妈了!”她高兴地喊道。
旁白 neutral
For some reason, the idea of Meg getting married had been hard for Jo to accept
不知为何,对于梅格结婚这件事,乔总是难以接受,
旁白 neutral
but news that she was going to have a little niece or nephew completely thrilled her
但得知自己将要有一个小外甥或外甥女的消息,却让她乐开了花。
旁白 neutral
" You like children, don't you?" the Professor asked
“你喜欢孩子,对吧?”教授问道。
旁白 neutral
Nodding enthusiastically Jo said," I love their innocence, their curiosity, their energy, and their humor
乔使劲点着头,说道:“我爱他们的纯真、他们的好奇心、他们的活力,还有他们的幽默感。
旁白 neutral
That's why if I don't succeed as an author, I am going to become a teacher."
所以,要是我当作家不成功,我就去当老师。”
旁白 neutral
Jo remembered the strange look that the Professor had given her when she made that comment
乔还记得,当她说出那句话时,教授看她的眼神有些奇怪。
旁白 neutral
He said," Then perhaps our paths may cross again one day, Jo, because it is my dream to start a school for boys, and I could use a good teacher like you."
他说:“那么,也许有一天我们会再次相遇,乔,因为我的梦想就是开办一所男校,到时候我很需要像你这样的好老师。”
旁白 neutral
Suddenly feeling shy, Jo merely said," I didn't realize you had such plans
突然感到害羞,乔只是说:“我没想到你有这样的计划。”
旁白 neutral
One day, I hope you see your dream come true."
有一天,我希望看到你的梦想成真。
旁白 neutral
Now, as Jo sat packing her bags, she wondered what her dreams were and how they had changed in these past few months
现在,乔坐着收拾行李,她思索着自己的梦想是什么,以及在过去几个月里它们发生了怎样的变化。
旁白 neutral
A light knock on the door broke into her thoughts
一阵轻轻的敲门声打断了她的思绪。
旁白 neutral
" Come in if you can find room for your feet," Jo called out, trying to clear some space among all her belongings scattered everywhere
“如果你能找到落脚的地方,就进来吧,”乔喊道,试图在各处散落的物品中腾出些空间。
旁白 neutral
" I thought you only had a few things," the Professor joked as he looked around the messy room
“我以为你只有几样东西,”教授环顾着凌乱的房间,开玩笑说。
旁白 neutral
" I guess I must have acquired one or two more things while I was here," Jo said, chuckling
“我想我在这里的时候一定又添了一两样东西,”乔轻笑着说。
旁白 neutral
" Will your bag be able to hold one more small item?" he asked
“你的包还能再装下一个小东西吗?”他问道。
旁白 neutral
" I'm sure I can find some space somewhere," Jo replied
“我肯定能在哪儿找到些空间,”乔回答。
旁白 neutral
" I want to give you this," the Professor said, holding out a wrapped parcel
“我想把这个给你,”教授说着,递出一个包裹好的包裹。
旁白 neutral
Inside was a leather notebook with her initials on the cover." Oh, it's beautiful!" exclaimed Jo
里面是一本皮面笔记本,封面上刻着她名字的首字母。“哦,太漂亮了!”乔叫道。
旁白 neutral
" For you to record your dreams," the Professor said smiling
“给你记录梦想用的,”教授微笑着说。
旁白 neutral
Swallowing the lump in her throat, Jo placed the notebook inside her handbag
乔强忍住在眼眶打转的泪水,把笔记本放进了手提包里。
旁白 neutral
" Also, I want to thank you for this," the Professor said as he took his shoes off and proudly wiggled his mended socks
“还有,我想为这个谢谢你,”教授说着脱掉鞋子,自豪地扭动穿着缝补好的袜子的脚趾。
旁白 neutral
" How did you know?" laughed Jo
“你怎么知道的?”乔笑了。
旁白 neutral
" When I saw the girls sewing, I knew these stitches belonged to you," he said
“我看到姑娘们在做针线活,就知道这针脚是你的,”他说。
旁白 neutral
An awkward silence followed. Then the Professor finally said," Will you be returning to New York?"
接着是一阵尴尬的沉默。然后教授终于开口了:“你还会回纽约来吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I would like to, but I can't say with certainty," Jo said honestly
“我是想回来的,但我说不准,”乔坦诚地说。
旁白 neutral
" I hope we will meet again, Jo March," the Professor said with feeling as he held out his hand
“希望我们能再见面,乔·马奇,”教授伸出他的手,深情地说。
旁白 neutral
Smiling as she took his hand, Jo said," It's been a pleasure knowing you, Fritz."
乔微笑着握住他的手,说道:“认识你很高兴,弗里茨。”
旁白 neutral
As Jo finished packing her belongings, Amy was almost done with gathering everything into her luggage
乔收拾好自己的东西时,艾米也快把行李都归整好了。
旁白 neutral
The following day, she and Aunt March were heading toward their next destination: Italy
第二天,她和马奇姑妈就要动身前往下一个目的地:意大利。
旁白 neutral
Amy could hardly sleep that night because she had dreamt about visiting Italy since she was a little girl
那一晚,艾米几乎无法入睡,因为从小时候起,她就一直梦想着去意大利看看。
旁白 neutral
" I guess some things do remain the same," she thought, thinking of her longstanding dream to see that beautiful country
“我想有些事确实不会改变,”她心想,想起了自己长久以来想看看那个美丽国度的梦想。
旁白 neutral
But Amy had changed in many other ways as she was learning on this trip to Europe
但在这次欧洲之旅中不断学习的艾米,在许多其他方面都已改变。
旁白 neutral
Reflecting on the relationship between Aunt March and Amy's own family
回想起马奇姑妈和自己家的关系,
旁白 neutral
Amy appreciated the worth of close family ties and the values her parents had taught her
艾米体会到了亲密家庭关系的可贵,以及父母教给她的价值观。
旁白 neutral
She concluded that it was love, not money, that bonded people closely
她得出结论,将人心紧密相连的是爱,而非金钱。
旁白 neutral
That was why she could not marry Fred: she didn't love him, much to the disappointment of Aunt March
这就是她不能嫁给弗雷德的原因:她不爱他,这让马奇姑妈大为失望。
旁白 neutral
" I have a feeling that something wonderful is waiting for me in Italy," Amy said to herself as she lay in bed
“我有种预感,在意大利会有美好的事情等着我,”艾米躺在床上,对自己说道。
旁白 neutral
Jo's homecoming was so heartwarming that she forgot about her friends in New York for a moment
乔的回家是如此温馨,以至于她一时忘记了在纽约的朋友们。
旁白 neutral
" You look different somehow, darling," her mother commented
“亲爱的,你看起来有点不一样了,”母亲说道。
旁白 neutral
" Like a lady," teased her father, playfully touching her stylish bun
“像个淑女了,”父亲逗她,打趣地碰了碰她时髦的发髻。
旁白 neutral
" Mrs. Kirke taught me how to do my hair up in different ways," Jo said proudly
“柯尔克太太教了我好几种不同的盘发方法,”乔骄傲地说。
旁白 neutral
" I'm so glad you're home," Beth said quietly." It's as if you never left."
“你回家了,我真高兴,”贝丝轻声说,“就好像你从未离开过一样。”
旁白 neutral
In Jo's eyes though, much had changed during her absence, most notably Beth
然而在乔看来,她不在的这段时间变化很大,最明显的就是贝丝。
旁白 neutral
She looked thinner, paler, and lifeless; a total contrast from the sunny, happy girl in Jo's memory
她看起来更瘦、更苍白,而且无精打采;和乔记忆中那个阳光快乐的女孩判若两人。
旁白 neutral
When Jo told her Mother her worries, Mother shook her head and just said," She's never really been the same since the fever."
当乔把自己的担心告诉母亲时,母亲摇了摇头,只是说:“自从那场高烧后,她就再也没能真正恢复过来。”
旁白 neutral
Early the next morning, Jo decided to brave the cold and took her new leather notebook and extra sweater to the pond behind their house
第二天一早,乔决定冒着严寒,带上她的新皮面笔记本和一件备用的毛衣,去了屋后的池塘。
旁白 neutral
She was looking forward to having a private moment to reflect upon her trip, but when she got to the lake, someone was already there
她期待能有个独处的时刻,好好回味一下她的旅程,可当她走到湖边时,却发现已经有人在那里了。
旁白 neutral
" Laurie!" she called out excitedly, truly happy to see her best friend
“劳里!”她激动地喊道,见到最好的朋友让她由衷地高兴。
旁白 neutral
" Jo! What are you doing here?" he asked, alarmed
“乔!你在这儿做什么?”他惊讶而警觉地问。
旁白 neutral
" I'm back, you know," she laughed
“我回来了,你知道的。”她笑着说。
旁白 neutral
" I know," he smiled." I was going to come see you later on in the morning."
“我知道,”他微笑着说,“我本来打算今天上午晚些时候去看你。”
旁白 neutral
" I never knew you came down here to the pond," she said
“我以前从不知道你会来这个池塘边。”她说。
旁白 neutral
" I walk down here most mornings," he said, adding," You don't know everything about me."
“我大多数早晨都会散步到这里,”他说,又补了一句,“你并不是对所有关于我的事都了如指掌。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, I'm so glad to see you and I have so much to tell you," Jo said, trying to change the subject because she felt uneasy tension between them
“嗯,见到你我太高兴了,我有好多事要告诉你。”乔说着,努力转换话题,因为她感觉到了两人之间令人不安的紧张气氛。
旁白 neutral
" So do I, Jo," Laurie said quietly as he stared at her for a long time
“我也有,乔。”劳里轻声说,久久地凝视着她。
旁白 neutral
" Laurie," Jo began, thinking she knew what he was about to say but not wanting him to say it
“劳里,”乔开口了,她觉得自己知道他要说什么,但不想让他说出来,
旁白 neutral
because once it came out, their friendship would never be the same
因为一旦说出口,他们的友谊就再也回不到从前了。
旁白 neutral
Laurie abruptly interrupted her." This may not be the best time to say this but I don't care
劳里突然打断了她。“现在也许不是说这个的最好时机,但我不在乎。
旁白 neutral
After you left, my life has been nothing but agony
你走后,我的生活只有痛苦。
旁白 neutral
I went back to college, and by the way, you'll be happy to know that I received the highest marks in my class and will graduate with honors."
我回了大学,顺便说一句,你听了一定会高兴的,我得了全班最高分,将以优等成绩毕业。”
旁白 neutral
" That's wonderful, Laurie! I knew you could do it! I'm so..."
“这太棒了,劳里!我就知道你能做到!我真是太……”
旁白 neutral
Congratulating him, Jo prayed she would be able to say a few words before Laurie went on, but he continued as if he didn't hear her
乔祝贺着他,心里祈祷在劳里继续说下去之前自己能多说几句,但他仿佛没听到一样,又接着说。
旁白 neutral
" From the first day I met you all those years ago until this very moment, my feelings for you have never changed and they never will," he said passionately
“从多年前你我相遇的第一天起,直到此时此刻,我对你的感情从未改变,也永远不会改变。”他充满激情地说。
旁白 neutral
Taking her hand, Laurie said," Jo, my life, no matter how good it is, will never be complete unless you are in it."
劳里握住她的手,说:“乔,我的生命,无论多么美好,如果没有你,就永远不会完整。”
旁白 neutral
Feeling as though her heart was being broken, Jo somehow found the strength to say what she could no longer hold back
乔觉得自己的心都要碎了,但她还是鼓起勇气,说出了再也无法抑制的话。
旁白 neutral
" Laurie, please don't do this," she begged him
“劳里,求你别这样。”她恳求道。
旁白 neutral
" Our friendship is the most precious thing to me, and I don't want it to change
“我们的友谊是我最珍视的东西,我不想让它改变。
旁白 neutral
I can't be the kind of person you want me to be."
我无法成为你希望我成为的那种人。”
旁白 neutral
Laurie bowed his head, his face crushed with pain
劳里低下了头,脸上满是痛苦。
旁白 neutral
" I don't love you like that, Laurie
“我对你的爱不是那种爱,劳里。
旁白 neutral
I never have," said Jo to her dearest friend in the most brutal yet truthful words
从来都不是。”乔用最残酷却又最真实的话,对她最亲爱的朋友说道。