Level 7 · 小妇人
🎬

E24 · Episodes

024 贝丝病倒

贝丝病倒

Little Fox Level 7 · Little Women · Episode 24 — 贝丝病倒.

73 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Meg had awoken when Jo crept out of the room

梅格在乔悄悄溜出房间时就醒了,

旁白 neutral

but tried to go back to sleep until she heard a low moaning that sounded like a wounded animal coming from their parents' room

但试着继续睡,直到听见父母房间传来低沉的呻吟,像受伤的动物。

旁白 neutral

She was uneasy about the strange noise but something told her it was important to check it out right away

这怪声让她不安,但直觉告诉她得赶紧去看看。

旁白 neutral

What Meg saw as she opened the door would forever be branded in her heart

梅格开门看到的一幕,会永远刻在她心里。

旁白 neutral

" Jo! What's the matter with Beth?" cried Meg, her knees buckling under her as she caught sight of her unconscious little sister

“乔!贝丝怎么了?”梅格喊道,一见到昏迷的小妹妹,她腿一软。

旁白 neutral

Jo tried her best to explain in-between sobs while trying to move Beth under the bed covers

乔边抽泣边尽力解释,同时想把贝丝挪进被子里。

旁白 neutral

" She has scarlet fever and it's all my fault," wept Jo

“她得了猩红热,都是我的错,”乔哭着说。

旁白 neutral

" Scarlet fever? How?" Meg asked, rising on shaky feet to help Jo lift Beth so they could make her more comfortable

“猩红热?怎么会?”梅格问,颤巍巍地站起来帮乔抬起贝丝,好让她舒服些。

旁白 neutral

" I'll explain later but for now, please call Hannah," gasped Jo, removing Beth's clothes and shoes

“我晚点解释,但现在,快去叫汉娜来,”乔喘着气说,一边脱下贝丝的衣服和鞋子。

旁白 neutral

Meg could see the seriousness of the situation, so without another word she ran downstairs to wake Hannah up

梅格看出事态严重,二话不说就跑下楼去叫醒汉娜。

旁白 neutral

" There, darling. It's going to be all right," whispered Jo

“好了,亲爱的。会没事的,”乔轻声说道。

旁白 neutral

Brushing Beth's hair away from her face, Jo felt Beth's hot skin under her hand and heard her labored, uneven breathing

乔拨开贝丝脸上的头发,手感觉到她滚烫的皮肤,听到她费力而不均匀的呼吸。

旁白 neutral

As frightened and shaken as she was, Jo heard approaching footsteps and knew instinctively that it wasn't Meg or Hannah

尽管惊恐不安,乔听到走近的脚步声,本能地知道那不是梅格或汉娜。

旁白 neutral

Remembering Beth's strong warning, Jo jumped up, flew out the door, and slammed it shut behind her before Amy could enter the room

想起贝丝严厉的警告,乔跳起来,冲出房门,在艾米进去前把门砰地关上。

旁白 neutral

" Jo, what is going on? Who's in there? Is it Beth?" asked Amy, launching one question after another

“乔,怎么了?谁在里面?是贝丝吗?”艾米一连串地问。

旁白 neutral

" I heard someone crying. Jo, was that you? Your eyes are all red and swollen

“我听到有人哭。乔,是你吗?你的眼睛又红又肿。”

旁白 neutral

Where's Meg? Can I go in there? Is Beth sick?"

“梅格在哪儿?我能进去吗?贝丝生病了吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Amy, go back to the bedroom and don't come out ' til Meg or I say so," ordered Jo

“艾米,回卧室去,在我或梅格叫你之前不准出来,”乔命令道。

旁白 neutral

Amy put her hands on her hips and said stubbornly," No! I won't! Not until you tell me what's going on!"

艾米双手叉腰,倔强地说:“不!我不!除非你告诉我怎么回事!”

旁白 neutral

Then she tried to reach for the doorknob, which Jo was covering with her back

然后她伸手去抓门把手,而乔正用后背挡住。

旁白 neutral

" Amy! Stop being so difficult! This is for your own good," Jo croaked hoarsely

“艾米!别再这么难缠了!这是为了你好,”乔嗓音嘶哑地说。

旁白 neutral

" There's no time to explain. Get back in the bedroom now!"

“没时间解释了。现在回卧室去!”

旁白 neutral

" You're not Mother! You can't tell me what to do! I won't stand for it!

“你不是妈妈!你不能命令我!我绝不忍受!”

旁白 neutral

What are you trying to hide?" Amy cried, wrestling with Jo to get into the forbidden room

“你想隐瞒什么?”艾米哭喊着,与乔扭打着想进那间被禁止的房间。

旁白 neutral

Left with no choice, Jo grabbed Amy forcefully and dragged her back to their bedroom, with Amy kicking and screaming at the top of her lungs

别无选择,乔强行抓住艾米,把她拖回卧室,艾米拼命踢打尖叫。

旁白 neutral

Then to ensure that Amy did not sneak out and expose herself to the disease, Jo locked the door from the outside and put the key in her pocket

为了确保艾米不会溜出来接触到疾病,乔从外面锁上门,把钥匙放进口袋。

旁白 neutral

" Let me out! This is an outrage!" Amy screamed from inside, rattling the doorknob and pounding the door with her little fists

“放我出去!这太欺负人了!”艾米在里面尖叫,摇着门把手,用小拳头捶打门。

旁白 neutral

" Amy, please, I'll explain everything later," Jo said more gently," but for now, this is for your own protection."

“艾米,求你了,我以后会解释一切,”乔更温柔地说,“但现在,这是为了保护你。”

旁白 neutral

The short distance back to their parents' room felt extremely exhausting and dispiriting

短短走回父母房间的路,让乔感到筋疲力尽、心灰意冷,

旁白 neutral

as Jo contemplated the one sister locked up like a prisoner behind her

她想着身后那个像囚犯一样被锁起来的妹妹,

旁白 neutral

while the other sister was imprisoned in her own sick body in the room ahead of her

而前方的房间里,另一个妹妹却被困在自己生病的身体里。

旁白 neutral

Thank goodness Hannah finally appeared to take over the situation

谢天谢地,汉娜终于出现了,接手掌管局面。

旁白 neutral

Though her face was tired, Hannah's eyes were bright with anxiety as she searched for Beth

虽然汉娜面容疲惫,但她在寻找贝丝时,眼中充满了焦急与不安。

旁白 neutral

" She's in there," Jo said, pointing to her parents' room," and I've put her under the covers. She's burning up, Hannah."

“她在里面,”乔指着父母的房间说,“我已经把她放在被窝里了。汉娜,她现在烧得滚烫。”

旁白 neutral

" I've called for Dr. Bangs," Meg told them as they entered the room together

“我已经去请邦斯医生了,”他们一同走进房间时,梅格告诉他们。

旁白 neutral

Wiping a tear with one large hand, Hannah put the other on Beth's red, burning face, saying

汉娜用一只大手揩去一滴眼泪,把另一只手放在贝丝通红滚烫的脸上,说道:

旁白 neutral

" Until he comes, bring all the towels you can find and fill all the basins with cold water

“在他来之前,把你们能找到的毛巾都拿来,把所有盆子都装满冷水。

旁白 neutral

We need to bring the fever down. Hurry, girls, go now!"

我们得把体温降下来。快,姑娘们,快去!”

旁白 neutral

After the girls had taken numerous trips upstairs to bring cold water to the bedroom, Dr. Bangs finally arrived

在姑娘们跑上跑下好几趟,把冷水送到卧室之后,邦斯医生终于到了。

旁白 neutral

He sent the girls out of the room but allowed Hannah to remain

他让姑娘们到房间外面去,但允许汉娜留下。

旁白 neutral

Exhausted and overwhelmed with guilt, Meg and Jo stood nearby, waiting for the latest news about Beth's condition

梅格和乔疲惫不己,内心充满内疚,站在附近,等着关于贝丝病情的最新消息。

旁白 neutral

" I take full responsibility," whispered Jo." I should have gone

“这全是我的错,”乔低声说,“我本该去的。

旁白 neutral

I wasn't even feeling sick, just lazy."

我甚至都没觉得不舒服,只是犯懒罢了。”

旁白 neutral

Meg shook her head and said," No, the blame is on me since Mother left me in charge

梅格摇了摇头说:“不,都怪我,妈妈让我负责照看你们,

旁白 neutral

which means I should have been the one to visit the Hummels, not Beth."

也就是说,本该是我去胡梅尔家,而不是贝丝。”

旁白 neutral

" Beth said the baby died of the fever, so the other children must have it too

“贝丝说那个婴孩死于猩红热,所以其他孩子肯定也染上了。

旁白 neutral

I wonder how they are doing," Jo asked worriedly

不知道他们现在怎么样了。”乔担忧地问道。

旁白 neutral

" Scarlet fever is infectious and spreads rapidly

“猩红热有传染性,而且传播很快。

旁白 neutral

You and I are immune, but what about Amy?"

你和我都有免疫力,可艾米怎么办?”

旁白 neutral

Meg looked toward their closed bedroom door

梅格望向她们紧闭的卧室门。

旁白 neutral

Amy had either given up or gone back to bed, but all was quiet from that part of the house

艾米要么是放弃了,要么是回去睡觉了,屋子那边一片寂静。

旁白 neutral

" Meg? Jo?" Dr. Bangs came out from their parents' room with a long, weary face

“梅格?乔?”班斯医生从她们父母的房间走出来,脸上满含着倦意与忧虑。

旁白 neutral

" How is she, Doctor?" asked Meg, glancing at Hannah, who stood behind the doctor with her head lowered

“医生,她怎么样了?”梅格问道,瞥了一眼站在医生身后低着头的汉娜。

旁白 neutral

" Not too good, I'm afraid," the doctor said sadly

“恐怕不太乐观。”医生难过地说。

旁白 neutral

" This fever strikes quickly and although all of you did a fine job trying to keep her body temperature cool, the illness had already taken over."

“这种高烧来势汹汹,虽然你们尽力给她降温,但病情已经蔓延开来了。”

旁白 neutral

Jo felt the room spinning as she staggered against the wall for support

乔觉得天旋地转,踉跄着靠向墙壁支撑身体。

旁白 neutral

" Should we send for Mother?" Meg asked in a shaking voice

“我们要不要叫妈妈回来?”梅格声音颤抖地问。

旁白 neutral

" Not yet," said Hannah." We won't know how the little angel is until the morning, will we, Dr. Bangs?"

“先别,”汉娜说,“不到早上,我们也不知道这小天使情况如何,对吧,班斯医生?”

旁白 neutral

" That's right," said Dr. Bangs." I've given her some medicine to reduce the fever and I'll return the first thing in the morning to check up on her

“没错,”班斯医生说,“我已经给她服了退烧药,明天一早我再来复查。”

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile," he added as he headed downstairs," all of you should try to get some rest."

他一边下楼一边补充道:“这会儿,你们大家都该尽量休息一下。”

旁白 neutral

" Dr. Bangs," called Jo," the Hummel children have the fever, too. That's where Beth got it from."

“班斯医生,”乔喊道,“胡梅尔家的孩子们也发烧了。贝丝就是从那儿染上的。”

旁白 neutral

" I know, Jo. I'm just going there now," the doctor replied and smiled kindly

“我知道,乔。我这正要过去呢。”医生回道,温和地笑了笑。

旁白 neutral

" I'll let you know how they are."

“我会告诉你们他们的情况。”

旁白 neutral

Hannah followed him down, noting his instructions about what to do in an emergency

汉娜跟着他下楼,记下了他嘱咐的紧急情况处理方法。

旁白 neutral

Meg and Jo went back inside to Beth, who was still red all over but now had a rash all over her face

梅格和乔回到屋里,来到贝丝身边。她浑身还是红红的,脸上现在又起了疹子。

旁白 neutral

Her uneven breathing and the pain on her face broke their hearts

看到她呼吸不平稳、脸上痛苦的表情,她们的心都碎了。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Beth. I'm so sorry," cried Meg, holding onto one of Beth's hands

“哦,贝丝,我真的很抱歉。”梅格哭着握住贝丝的一只手。

旁白 neutral

" Beth, please get better. I promise not to be so selfish anymore

“贝丝,求你快好起来。我保证再也不那么自私了。”

旁白 neutral

I'll visit the Hummels every day from now on

从今往后,我每天都会去看望胡梅尔一家。

旁白 neutral

Just get better," Jo said, her voice breaking with emotion

只要你快点好起来。”乔说,声音因激动而哽咽。

旁白 neutral

They sat there like that for the whole night, neither wanting to leave their sister's side

她们就这样坐了一整夜,谁也不愿离开妹妹的身边。

旁白 neutral

As the sun rose, Beth's condition did not change, forcing them to face the unbearable question they had tried to avoid all night

随着太阳升起,贝丝的状况依然没有改变,这迫使她们不得不面对那个整晚都试图回避的、令人难以承受的问题。

旁白 neutral

With red-rimmed eyes, Jo turned to her sister and asked in a trembling voice," What are we going to do, Meg, if our little Beth dies?"

乔双眼布满血丝,转向姐姐,声音颤抖地问:“梅格,要是我们的小贝丝死了,我们该怎么办?”