Level 6 · 小公主
🎬

E18 · Episodes

018 阁楼里的饥饿

阁楼里的饥饿

Little Fox Level 6 · A Little Princess · Episode 18 — 阁楼里的饥饿.

79 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

When Sara returned from her errands, she saw Miss Minchin

萨拉跑完腿回来时,看见了铭钦女士。

旁白 neutral

The headmistress had just come downstairs to scold the cook

女校长刚下楼来训斥了厨娘一顿。

旁白 neutral

" Where have you been, Sara?" Miss Minchin demanded

“你去哪儿了,萨拉?”铭钦女士质问道。

旁白 neutral

" You've been out for hours!"

“你都出去好几个钟头了!”

旁白 neutral

" I've been doing errands for the cook," Sara answered

“我去帮厨娘跑腿了。”萨拉回答。

旁白 neutral

" It was hard to walk quickly because the streets are so wet and muddy."

“很难走快,因为街上又湿又泥泞。”

旁白 neutral

" Don't make excuses and don't tell lies!" Miss Minchin shouted at Sara

“别找借口,也别撒谎!”铭钦女士冲着萨拉吼道。

旁白 neutral

Then she went back upstairs

然后她就回楼上去了。

旁白 neutral

Sara went to see the cook, who was in a bad mood because of Miss Minchin's scolding

萨拉去见厨娘,厨娘正因为铭钦女士的训斥而心情很糟。

旁白 neutral

" You're so late!" The cook was happy to have someone to shout at

“你回来得这么晚!”厨娘很高兴能有个人冲她吼叫。

旁白 neutral

Sara laid her bundles on the table." Here are your things

莎拉把包裹放在桌上。“这是您的东西。”

旁白 neutral

May I have something to eat?" she asked softly

“我可以吃点东西吗?”她轻声问道。

旁白 neutral

" Supper is finished!" the cook snapped." There's some bread in the pantry

“晚饭吃完了!”厨娘厉声说道。“储藏室里有面包。

旁白 neutral

That's all you'll get this time of day."

这个时间你只能吃到这个了。”

旁白 neutral

Sara found the bread. It was old and hard and dry, but she ate it anyway

莎拉找到了面包。面包又陈又硬又干,但她还是吃了。

旁白 neutral

Then she climbed slowly upstairs to her room

然后她慢慢地上楼,回到自己的房间。

旁白 neutral

She was glad to see a glimmer of light under her door

看到门缝下透出一丝光亮,她很高兴。

旁白 neutral

That meant Ermengarde had come to visit. She pushed open the door

这意味着埃芒加德来串门了。她推开门。

旁白 neutral

Ermengarde sat in the middle of the bed, with her feet tucked under her

埃芒加德坐在床中间,双脚缩在身下。

旁白 neutral

She had her red shawl wrapped around her shoulders

她把红色的披肩裹在肩上。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't expect to see you tonight, Ermengarde," Sara said

莎拉说:“我没料到今晚会见到你,埃芒加德。”

旁白 neutral

" Miss Amelia has gone out to visit an old aunt," Ermengarde explained

埃芒加德解释道:“阿米莉亚小姐出去看望一位老姑妈了。”

旁白 neutral

" No one else ever comes and looks into the bedrooms after we're in bed

“我们上床后,别人从来不会来查看卧室。

旁白 neutral

I could stay here until morning if I wanted to."

只要我愿意,我可以在这儿待到早上。”

旁白 neutral

Ermengarde pointed to the table under the skylight

埃芒加德指向天窗下的桌子。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Sara!" said Ermengarde in despair

“哦,莎拉!”埃芒加德绝望地说。

旁白 neutral

" Look what my father sent me. More books!"

“看我爸爸给我寄了什么。更多的书!”

旁白 neutral

Sara's mood brightened instantly." Oh, these are beautiful books!

莎拉的心情立刻明朗起来。“哦,这些书真好看!

旁白 neutral

I've always wanted to read this one about the French Revolution."

我一直想读这本关于法国大革命的书。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, I don't want to read it. I know he'll test me on all of these books

“唉,我可不想读。我知道他会拿所有这些书来考我。

旁白 neutral

But I still don't want to read any of them."

可我还是一本都不想读。”

旁白 neutral

" Do you know what we could do?" Sara said eagerly. Her cheeks were flushed

“你知道我们可以怎么做吗?”萨拉急切地说。她的脸颊泛起了红晕。

旁白 neutral

" I could read the books, and then I could describe them to you

“我可以先读这些书,然后把内容讲给你听。

旁白 neutral

It would be like telling you stories!"

就像在给你讲故事一样!”

旁白 neutral

" That's a wonderful idea!" said Ermengarde

“这主意太棒了!”埃芒加德说。

旁白 neutral

" I've been doing better since you helped me with my French lessons."

“自从你辅导我法语课以来,我进步多了。”

旁白 neutral

" I've been helping Lottie with her math too," Sara said

“我还一直在帮洛蒂补习数学呢。”萨拉说。

旁白 neutral

" Miss Minchin has no idea why we're suddenly so smart!" Ermengarde said

“铭钦女士完全搞不懂我们怎么突然变这么聪明了!”埃芒加德说。

旁白 neutral

The two girls laughed

两个女孩笑了起来。

旁白 neutral

Sara suddenly started and looked up at the skylight

萨拉突然一惊,抬头望向天窗。

旁白 neutral

" Did you hear something?" she asked

“你听到什么声音了吗?”她问。

旁白 neutral

" No," said Ermengarde

“没有。”埃芒加德说。

旁白 neutral

" It sounded like somebody was dragging something across the roof," Sara said." Maybe it was — "

“听起来像是有人在屋顶上拖什么东西。”萨拉说,“也许是——”

旁白 neutral

This time they both heard the same sound

这次她们俩都听到了同样的声音。

旁白 neutral

But it wasn't coming from the roof

但声音不是从屋顶传来的。

旁白 neutral

It was Miss Minchin's voice, and she sounded angry

那是铭钦女士的声音,而且听起来很生气。

旁白 neutral

Sara quickly put out the candle

萨拉立刻吹灭了蜡烛。

旁白 neutral

" Miss Minchin is scolding Becky," whispered Sara." She's making Becky cry."

“铭钦女士在骂贝琪。”萨拉悄声说,“她把贝琪弄哭了。”

旁白 neutral

" Will Miss Minchin come in here?" Ermengarde was in a panic

“铭钦女士会进来吗?”埃芒加德慌了。

旁白 neutral

" No, she'll think I'm asleep. Stay still!" Sara whispered

“不会的,她会以为我睡着了。别动!”萨拉轻声说。

旁白 neutral

It was very rare for Miss Minchin to come up the stairs to the attic

铭钦女士很少会到阁楼上来。

旁白 neutral

Sara could only think of one other time that she'd done so

莎拉只想得起她以前只上来过另外一次。

旁白 neutral

But now she was angry enough to be coming at least part of the way up

但现在她气得至少爬上了一段楼梯。

旁白 neutral

" You rude, lying child!" Miss Minchin shouted at Becky

“你这粗鲁、撒谎的孩子!”铭钦女士对贝琪喊道。

旁白 neutral

" The cook tells me things are constantly being stolen from the kitchen."

“厨娘告诉我厨房里老是有东西被偷。”

旁白 neutral

" It isn't me!" Becky began to sob

“不是我!”贝琪开始啜泣。

旁白 neutral

" I'm hungry all the time, but I don't steal food!"

“我老是肚子饿,但我不偷食物!”

旁白 neutral

Miss Minchin sounded out of breath

铭钦女士听起来上气不接下气。

旁白 neutral

" You should go to prison for stealing that piece of meat pie!"

“你偷了那块肉馅饼,就该去坐牢!”

旁白 neutral

She slapped Becky." Go to bed!"

她打了贝琪一个耳光。“上床睡觉去!”

旁白 neutral

" It wasn't me!" Becky insisted

“不是我!”贝琪坚持说。

旁白 neutral

And again Sara and Ermengarde heard the sound of a slap

莎拉和埃芒加德又听到了一记耳光声。

旁白 neutral

Miss Minchin stomped down the stairs

铭钦女士蹬蹬蹬地下了楼。

旁白 neutral

Sara and Ermengarde heard Becky crying in the next room

莎拉和埃芒加德听到贝琪在隔壁房间里哭泣。

旁白 neutral

" I didn't take it!" Becky sobbed

“我没拿!”贝琪抽泣着说。

旁白 neutral

" The cook gave it to her boyfriend, the policeman!"

“是厨娘把馅饼给了她男朋友,那个警察!”

旁白 neutral

" This makes me so angry!" Sara said

“这让我太生气了!”莎拉说。

旁白 neutral

She stood in the center of the dark room, clenching her fists furiously

她站在漆黑的房间中央,愤怒地握紧拳头。

旁白 neutral

" The cook is wicked and cruel. She's the one who's stealing, not Becky!"

“厨娘又坏又残忍。偷东西的是她,不是贝琪!”

旁白 neutral

Sara lit her candle again

莎拉又点燃了蜡烛。

旁白 neutral

" Poor Becky is always hungry. Sometimes she eats crusts out of the trash!"

“可怜的贝琪老是饿肚子。有时她吃垃圾桶里的面包皮!”

旁白 neutral

To Ermengarde's surprise Sara burst into tears

让埃芒加德惊讶的是,莎拉突然大哭起来。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, Sara." Ermengarde looked at Sara

“哦,莎拉。”埃芒加德看着莎拉。

旁白 neutral

For the first time, she noticed how thin her friend was

她第一次注意到她的朋友有多瘦。

旁白 neutral

" I hate to ask this, but are you ever hungry?"

“我实在不想问,但你也会饿吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Yes!" Sara burst out." I'm hungry all the time

“是的!”莎拉脱口而出。“我老是饿。”

旁白 neutral

I'm so hungry right now that I could almost eat you!

我现在饿得简直能把你吃掉!

旁白 neutral

And Becky is even hungrier than I am."

而贝琪比我还饿。

旁白 neutral

" Oh, I had no idea!" said Ermengarde." But I know just what to do."

“哦,我完全不知道!”埃芒加德说。“但我知道该怎么办了。”