Level 6 · 小公主
🎬

E15 · Episodes

015 寻找孩子

寻找孩子

Little Fox Level 6 · A Little Princess · Episode 15 — 寻找孩子.

69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Sara was fond of the Large family because they looked happy

萨拉喜欢拉奇一家,因为他们看起来很快乐。

旁白 neutral

But she liked the gentleman next door because he looked unhappy

但她喜欢隔壁的绅士,因为他看起来不快乐。

旁白 neutral

The school's servants were always talking about him

学校里的仆人们总是在谈论他。

旁白 neutral

Sara learned that the English gentleman had become ill after losing his fortune

萨拉得知那位英国绅士在失去财富后病倒了。

旁白 neutral

He'd gotten his fortune back, but he was still sick

他拿回了财富,但仍然病着。

旁白 neutral

" His problems were connected with diamond mines," said the cook

“他的问题与钻石矿有关,”厨子说。

旁白 neutral

She glanced at Sara." We all know they're trouble."

她瞥了萨拉一眼。“我们都知道钻石矿是麻烦。”

旁白 neutral

" That man was just like Papa," Sara said to herself

“那个人就像爸爸一样,”萨拉自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

" He felt just what my Papa felt, only he did not die."

“他感受到了和我爸爸一样的感受,只是他没有死。”

旁白 neutral

So Sara grew even fonder of the sick gentleman next door

因此,萨拉对隔壁那位生病的绅士更加喜爱了。

旁白 neutral

Whenever she was sent out at night, she stopped outside his house

每当夜里被派出去时,她都会在他的房子外停下来。

旁白 neutral

She liked to peek into the house and see him sitting in his armchair, his forehead resting in his hand

她喜欢往屋里偷看一眼,看见他坐在扶手椅上,手支着额头。

旁白 neutral

She often wished him good night

她常常在心里祝他晚安。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps you can feel my good wishes even if you can't hear them," she said

“也许你听不见,但能感受到我的祝愿。”她自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

" I hope you'll get well and be happy again. I'm so sorry for you."

“希望你快快康复,重新快乐起来。我真为你难过。”

旁白 neutral

She went on her way, feeling comforted and a bit warmer herself

她继续赶路,心里感到一阵慰藉,身上也暖和了些。

旁白 neutral

But she kept worrying about the man

但她始终放不下那位先生。

旁白 neutral

He looked to Sara like someone who had a lot of trouble on his mind

在萨拉眼中,他像是个满腹心事的人。

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile Mr. Large and his daughters Janet and Nora often visited the gentleman

与此同时,拉奇先生和女儿珍妮特、诺拉常去探望那位绅士。

旁白 neutral

The sick man's name was Mr. Carrisford. Mr. Large's real name was Mr. Carmichael

那位病人名叫卡里斯福特先生。拉奇先生的本名是卡迈克尔先生。

旁白 neutral

He was Mr. Carrisford's lawyer

他是卡里斯福德先生的律师。

旁白 neutral

One evening Janet told Mr. Carrisford about the Little Girl Who Is Not a Beggar

一天晚上,珍妮特向卡里斯福德先生讲起了那个“不是乞丐的小女孩”。

旁白 neutral

He was very interested

他非常感兴趣。

旁白 neutral

Then Ram Dass told him the story of the monkey's escape

接着,拉姆·达斯给他讲了猴子逃跑的事情。

旁白 neutral

Ram Dass described the servant girl's cold attic room and her hard, narrow bed

拉姆·达斯描述了那个女佣冰冷的阁楼房间和她那张又硬又窄的床。

旁白 neutral

The story upset Mr. Carrisford

这个故事让卡里斯福德先生感到不安。

旁白 neutral

He was wealthy and comfortable while children were cold and hungry

他富有又舒适,而孩子们却在挨饿受冻。

旁白 neutral

" I wonder how many of the attics in London are like that one," he said to Mr. Carmichael

“我不知道伦敦有多少阁楼像那个一样,”他对卡迈克尔先生说。

旁白 neutral

" How many young servant girls sleep on hard beds while I sleep on soft pillows?"

“有多少年轻的女佣睡在硬板床上,而我却枕着柔软的枕头?”

旁白 neutral

" My dear fellow," Mr. Carmichael answered in a cheery voice

“我亲爱的朋友,”卡迈克尔先生用欢快的声音回答说。

旁白 neutral

" You must stop thinking thoughts like this

“你不能再这样胡思乱想了。

旁白 neutral

Even if you had all the wealth in the world, you could not improve all the attics in London

就算你拥有全世界的财富,也无法改善伦敦所有的阁楼。

旁白 neutral

You must focus your thoughts on becoming well."

你必须把心思放在康复上。”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Carrisford sat and bit his nails as he stared into the fire

卡里斯福德先生坐着,一边凝视着炉火,一边咬着指甲。

旁白 neutral

" Do you think the girl I'm looking for is living in such a horrid place?" he asked suddenly

“你觉得我在找的那个女孩,会住在这么可怕的地方吗?”他突然问道。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Carmichael looked at him uneasily

卡迈克尔先生不安地看着他。

旁白 neutral

He knew that this kind of thinking was very dangerous to the frail gentleman's health

他知道,这种胡思乱想对这位虚弱的绅士的健康非常危险。

旁白 neutral

" I don't think so," he said finally in a soothing tone

“我想不会的,”他最后用安慰的语气说。

旁白 neutral

" That girl was adopted by a wealthy Russian couple."

“那个女孩被一对有钱的俄罗斯夫妇收养了。”

旁白 neutral

" I must find her!" Mr. Carrisford went on

“我必须找到她!”卡里斯福德先生继续说道。

旁白 neutral

" If she is friendless and penniless, it is my fault!

如果她无亲无故、身无分文,那是我的错!

旁白 neutral

She is the daughter of my dear friend, Captain Crewe."

她是我挚友克鲁上尉的女儿。

旁白 neutral

" Are you sure his daughter was sent to boarding school in France?" Mr. Carmichael asked

“你确定他的女儿被送到法国的寄宿学校了吗?”卡迈克尔先生问。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps we're searching for the wrong girl."

“也许我们找错女孩了。”

旁白 neutral

" I'm not sure of anything." Mr. Carrisford bit his nails again

“我什么都不确定。”卡里斯福德先生又咬起了指甲。

旁白 neutral

" Crewe and I talked mainly about the mines

“克鲁和我主要聊的是矿场的事。

旁白 neutral

Her mother was French, so I assumed she went to a French school."

她母亲是法国人,所以我就以为她去了法国学校。”

旁白 neutral

" The French headmistress pronounced the student's name Carew instead of Crewe," Mr. Carmichael reminded him

“那位法国女校长把学生的名字念成了卡鲁,而不是克鲁,”卡迈克尔先生提醒他。

旁白 neutral

" So it's possible that we are on the trail of the wrong girl."

“所以我们很可能追错了人。”

旁白 neutral

" We must find Crewe's daughter!"

“我们必须找到克鲁的女儿!”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Carrisford clutched Mr. Carmichael's arm." Help me find her!"

卡里斯福德先生抓住卡迈克尔先生的胳膊。“帮我找到她!”

旁白 neutral

" Don't worry," said Mr. Carmichael

“别担心,”卡迈克尔先生说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll go to Moscow to look for the girl

“我会去莫斯科找那个女孩。

旁白 neutral

If she's not the right girl, we will keep searching."

如果不是,我们就继续找。”

旁白 neutral

" If I were able to travel, I would go with you," said Mr. Carrisford

“要是我能远行,我就和你一起去,”卡里斯福德先生说。

旁白 neutral

" But I am too ill. I can only sit here wrapped in fur and staring at the fire

“但我病得太重了。只能裹着毛皮坐在这里,盯着炉火。

旁白 neutral

And when I look into it, I see Crewe's face gazing back at me

一望着火,就看见克鲁的脸正回望着我。

旁白 neutral

And he's asking me a question: ' Tom, where is my little girl?'"

他在问我:‘汤姆,我的小女儿在哪儿?’”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Carrisford grabbed Mr. Carmichael's hand desperately

卡里斯福德先生绝望地抓住卡迈克尔先生的手。

旁白 neutral

" I must be able to answer him!"

“我必须能回答他!”

旁白 neutral

On the other side of the wall, Sara was sitting in her room, talking to Mel the rat

墙的另一头,萨拉坐在自己的房间里,跟老鼠梅尔说着话。

旁白 neutral

" It was very hard to be a princess today, Mel," she said

“今天当公主可真难,梅尔,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" It gets harder as the weather gets colder and the streets get wetter."

“天气越冷,街道越湿,就越难。”

旁白 neutral

Lavinia had laughed at Sara's skirt, spattered with mud from the street

拉维尼娅笑话萨拉的裙子,因为它溅满了街上的泥。

旁白 neutral

But Sara had not responded

但萨拉没有回应。

旁白 neutral

" You can't snap at people if you're a princess," she explained to the rat

“如果你是公主,就不能对人发脾气,”她对老鼠解释。

旁白 neutral

" But it was such a cold afternoon. And it's so cold tonight."

“但今天下午实在太冷了,今晚也好冷。”

旁白 neutral

Sara put her head in her lap." Oh, Papa," she whispered

萨拉把头埋在膝上。“哦,爸爸,”她轻声说。

旁白 neutral

" It seems like such a long time since I was your little girl!"

“感觉好像过了好久好久,我不再是你的小姑娘了!”