Level 6 · 柠檬水侦探
🎬

E08 · Episodes

008 新的线索

新的线索

Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 8 — 新的线索.

79 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

It wasn't Henry's imagination

那不是亨利的想象。

旁白 neutral

The two teenage girls were definitely acting suspicious

那两个少女确实形迹可疑。

旁白 neutral

They grabbed their shopping basket and rushed away, disappearing around the end of the aisle

她们抓起购物篮,匆忙跑开,消失在货架通道的尽头。

旁白 neutral

" Hey, wait!" Henry called after them

“嘿,等等!”亨利在她们身后喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Come back here! We want to talk to you."

“回来!我们想和你们谈谈。”

旁白 neutral

He rushed after the girls, with Maggie and Cole right behind him

他冲向那两个女孩,麦琪和科尔紧跟在后面。

旁白 neutral

" They did it!" Maggie exclaimed

“是她们干的!”麦琪喊道。

旁白 neutral

" They stole my money! I should have known it was them!"

“她们偷了我的钱!我就该知道是她们!”

旁白 neutral

" Just hold on," Henry told her over his shoulder

“先等等,”亨利头也不回地对她说。

旁白 neutral

" Don't start accusing them of stealing your money until I get a chance to ask them some questions."

“在我有机会问她们几个问题之前,先别急着指控她们偷了你的钱。”

旁白 neutral

They caught up to Jill and Ashley near the back of the store

他们在商店后面附近追上了吉尔和阿什利。

旁白 neutral

The two girls seemed annoyed when they saw the younger kids coming again

看到这两个小孩又过来了,那两个女孩似乎很恼火。

旁白 neutral

" Why are you following us around?" Ashley demanded

“你们为什么总跟着我们?”阿什利质问道。

旁白 neutral

" We just wanted to say hi," said Henry

“我们只是想来打个招呼,”亨利说。

旁白 neutral

" Maggie likes to keep in touch with her best customers. Right, Maggie?"

“玛吉喜欢跟她最好的顾客保持联系。对吧,玛吉?”

旁白 neutral

" Right," Maggie said, glaring at the older girls

“对,”玛吉说,瞪着那两个年长的女孩。

旁白 neutral

Henry was afraid she was going to say something rude to them

亨利担心她会说出不礼貌的话。

旁白 neutral

But she kept quiet

但她忍住了。

旁白 neutral

" So you guys are doing a lot of shopping today, huh?"

“那么你们今天买了不少东西啊,嗯?”

旁白 neutral

Henry said, glancing into the girls' shopping basket

亨利说着,瞥了一眼女孩们的购物篮。

旁白 neutral

" Not really." Jill shot a look at Ashley." We were just kidding around."

“才没有。”吉尔瞪了阿什利一眼,“我们只是闹着玩。”

旁白 neutral

" That's right," Ashley agreed quickly

“没错,”阿什利连忙附和。

旁白 neutral

" We're not really buying all this stuff. See? We're putting it back."

“我们不是真的要买这些东西。看?我们正把它们放回去。”

旁白 neutral

She reached into the basket, grabbed lip gloss, and stuck it back on the shelf

她把手伸进篮子,抓起唇彩,放回了货架上。

旁白 neutral

Jill did the same thing with a pack of gum

吉尔对着口香糖也做了同样的动作。

旁白 neutral

" That's weird," Cole said

“真奇怪,”科尔说。

旁白 neutral

" Why would you pick up all that stuff if you weren't planning to buy it?"

“如果你们不打算买,为什么要拿那么多东西?”

旁白 neutral

Ashley shrugged." I told you. We were just goofing around, having fun."

阿什利耸耸肩。“我说了。我们只是瞎闹着玩,找点乐子。”

旁白 neutral

" That doesn't seem like much fun to me," Cole commented

“对我来说,这好像没什么好玩的,”科尔评论道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, playing soccer doesn't seem like fun to me," Ashley snapped

“哼,踢足球对我来说也没什么好玩的,”阿什利厉声说道。

旁白 neutral

" And boys do that all the time, right?"

“男孩们经常那样做,对吧?”

旁白 neutral

Cole was surprised." What do you mean? Soccer is a blast!"

科尔很惊讶。“你什么意思?足球很好玩!”

旁白 neutral

Henry glanced over at Maggie

亨利瞥了一眼玛吉。

旁白 neutral

She was getting that impatient look on her face again

她的脸上又露出了那种不耐烦的表情。

旁白 neutral

" You two aren't fooling me," she burst out

“你们俩骗不了我,”她脱口而出。

旁白 neutral

" I know what you were doing. You were getting ready to spend my money!"

“我知道你们在干什么。你们准备花我的钱!”

旁白 neutral

" What are you talking about?" Jill asked

“你在说什么?”吉尔问道。

旁白 neutral

" You know what I'm talking about!" Maggie went on

“你知道我在说什么!”玛吉继续说道。

旁白 neutral

" Someone stole the money from my lemonade stand!"

“有人偷了我柠檬水摊的钱!”

旁白 neutral

Ashley laughed." Oh, right. I forgot about that."

阿什利笑了。“哦,对了。我都忘了那事了。”

旁白 neutral

" You mean you never found that money?" Jill added

“你是说你们一直没找到那笔钱?”吉尔补充道。

旁白 neutral

" Did you ask Ryan, that kid who's always skateboarding?

“你们问过瑞安吗?就是那个总在玩滑板的孩子?

旁白 neutral

He's a troublemaker. He crashed into my mom's flowers a couple of weeks ago."

他是个捣蛋鬼。几周前他撞坏了我妈妈的花。”

旁白 neutral

" It wasn't Ryan. It was you two!" Maggie insisted

“不是瑞安,是你们两个!”玛吉坚持道。

旁白 neutral

" No, it wasn't," Ashley said." Why would we need a few dollars? We already have — "

“不,不是我们,”阿什利说,“我们干嘛需要那几块钱?我们已经有了——”

旁白 neutral

" Quiet!" Jill hissed, elbowing her friend in the ribs

“闭嘴!”吉尔嘶声说,用胳膊肘捅了捅朋友的肋骨。

旁白 neutral

" Oops." Ashley had a guilty expression on her face

“哎呀。”阿什利脸上露出心虚的表情。

旁白 neutral

Then she shrugged." But what's the big deal?" she asked Jill

接着她耸耸肩。“但这有什么大不了的?”她问吉尔。

旁白 neutral

" We already agreed we're not going to use it."

“我们已经说好了不用的。”

旁白 neutral

" Use what?" Henry asked, feeling confused

“用什么?”亨利问,感到困惑。

旁白 neutral

What were the girls talking about?

女孩们在说什么?

旁白 neutral

Jill had a guilty expression too

吉尔也一脸愧疚。

旁白 neutral

She reached into the shopping basket and grabbed a candy bar

她把手伸进购物篮,抓起一根巧克力棒。

旁白 neutral

She stuck it on a nearby shelf

把它塞到了旁边的货架上。

旁白 neutral

" It's nothing," she said

“没什么,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe you'd better tell us," Cole suggested

“也许你们最好告诉我们,”科尔建议道。

旁白 neutral

" Because you two are acting pretty suspicious."

“因为你们俩行为很可疑。”

旁白 neutral

" It's no big deal," Ashley said

“没什么大不了的,”阿什利说。

旁白 neutral

" Jill's mother gave us a fifty-dollar bill

“吉尔的妈妈给了我们一张50美元的钞票。

旁白 neutral

We were supposed to use it to buy sunscreen and some other stuff we need for summer camp."

我们本应用它来买防晒霜和其他夏令营需要的东西。”

旁白 neutral

Jill nodded." We thought my mom wouldn't notice if we bought a few extra things

吉尔点点头。“我们以为买几样额外的东西,我妈不会注意到。

旁白 neutral

But I guess we got carried away."

但看来我们玩过头了。”

旁白 neutral

" Yeah. We realized it when you guys started asking us all those annoying questions."

“是啊。你们开始问那些烦人的问题时,我们才意识到。”

旁白 neutral

Ashley shrugged." So thanks, I guess."

阿什利耸耸肩。“所以,还是要谢谢你们。”

旁白 neutral

Henry smiled." You're welcome," he said

亨利笑了。“不客气,”他说。

旁白 neutral

Maggie was staring at them." You mean you really didn't take my money?"

玛吉盯着她们。“你的意思是你们真的没拿我的钱?”

旁白 neutral

" Nope," Jill said

“没有,”吉尔说。

旁白 neutral

" Besides we could buy a lot more with my mom's fifty dollars than we could with your two or three dollars."

“再说,用我妈的50美元能买的东西,比拿你两三块钱能买的多得多。”

旁白 neutral

" It was much more than that," Maggie corrected her

“远比那多得多,”玛吉纠正她。

旁白 neutral

" That's why I want to get it back!

“所以我才想拿回来!

旁白 neutral

I need it so I can take horseback-riding lessons."

我需要它来上骑马课。”

旁白 neutral

" Oh. Good luck," Ashley said. She sounded more sympathetic now

“哦。祝你好运,”阿什利说。她现在听起来更同情了。

旁白 neutral

Jill seemed thoughtful." I just remembered something," she said

吉尔若有所思。“我刚想起一件事,”她说。

旁白 neutral

" I saw that little girl Nora grabbing something off the table while you were busy talking to her brother

“我看到那个小女孩诺拉趁你忙着跟她哥哥说话时,从桌上抓了什么东西。

旁白 neutral

I thought she was just getting a napkin or something, but she was pretty close to that cashbox

我以为她只是拿餐巾纸什么的,但她离那个钱箱很近。

旁白 neutral

And she was acting kind of sneaky."

而且她动作有点鬼鬼祟祟的。”

旁白 neutral

" Really?" Maggie said

“真的?”玛吉说。

旁白 neutral

Henry and Cole looked at each other

亨利和科尔对视了一眼。

旁白 neutral

" I guess we know who to investigate next," said Henry

“看来我们知道下一个要调查谁了,”亨利说。