E06 · Episodes
006 刁钻的考验
刁钻的考验
Little Fox Level 6 · The Lemonade Detectives · Episode 6 — 刁钻的考验.
77 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
" Are you guys ready to stop accusing me of stealing your money?" Ryan asked
“你们准备好不再指责我偷你们的钱了吗?”瑞安问道。
旁白 neutral
" Because I'm not going to stand here all day. See you later."
“因为我不打算整天站在这儿。回头见。”
旁白 neutral
Without waiting for an answer, he skated off
他等都没等回答,就滑着滑板走了。
旁白 neutral
He stopped about half a block away and went back to practicing skateboarding tricks on the sidewalk
他在大约半个街区外停下,又继续在人行道上练习滑板技巧。
旁白 neutral
" Well, that was a waste of time," Cole said
“嗯,真是浪费时间,”科尔说。
旁白 neutral
Maggie watched Ryan do a fancy flip." I still think he did it," she muttered
玛吉看着瑞安做了一个花式翻板动作。“我还是觉得是他干的,”她咕哝道。
旁白 neutral
Henry was thinking hard
亨利在使劲想。
旁白 neutral
" If Ryan took that money, there must be a way to prove it."
“如果瑞安拿了那笔钱,一定有办法证明的。”
旁白 neutral
" I know." Cole cracked his knuckles." Ryan's a lot smaller than us
“我有主意了。”科尔掰着指关节嘎嘎响。“瑞安比我们矮小得多。
旁白 neutral
We could hold him down and Maggie could search him."
我们可以按住他,让玛吉搜他的身。”
旁白 neutral
" Great idea!" Maggie's eyes lit up." Let's go get him!"
“好主意!”玛吉的眼睛亮了起来。“我们去追他!”
旁白 neutral
" Hold on." Henry grabbed Maggie's arm before she could rush down the block
“等等。”亨利在玛吉冲下街区前抓住了她的胳膊。
旁白 neutral
" We can't do that."
“我们不能那样做。”
旁白 neutral
" Why not?" Maggie said." He took my money!"
“为什么不行?”玛吉说。“他拿了我的钱!”
旁白 neutral
For a second it looked as if she were about to cry
有那么一瞬间,她看起来快要哭了。
旁白 neutral
" I need that money for horseback-riding lessons."
“我需要那笔钱上马术课。”
旁白 neutral
" We don't know for sure that he's the thief," Henry reminded her
“我们还不能确定他就是贼,”亨利提醒她。
旁白 neutral
" And it's not fair to gang up on him
“而且合伙欺负他也不公平。
旁白 neutral
If he didn't take your money, we'll get in big trouble."
如果他没有拿你的钱,我们会有大麻烦的。”
旁白 neutral
Maggie sighed." I'm starting to think this investigation isn't worth it
玛吉叹了口气。“我开始觉得这次调查不值得了。
旁白 neutral
Maybe I should just go back to the lemonade stand and start over."
也许我该回柠檬水小摊,从头再来。”
旁白 neutral
Cole nodded." And maybe you should put a lock on your cashbox," he suggested
科尔点点头。“也许你该给钱箱加把锁。”他建议道。
旁白 neutral
" Good idea," Maggie said
“好主意。”玛吉说。
旁白 neutral
Henry couldn't believe his ears
亨利简直不敢相信自己的耳朵。
旁白 neutral
" You mean you guys are ready to give up already?
“你们的意思是,这就打算放弃了?
旁白 neutral
But we're only on our first suspect!"
可我们才查了第一个嫌疑人啊!”
旁白 neutral
Maggie shrugged." Like you said, the thief is never going to admit to it
玛吉耸耸肩。“就像你说的,小偷是绝不会承认的。
旁白 neutral
So what's the point?"
那查下去有什么意义呢?”
旁白 neutral
" There has to be a way to figure out what happened."
“一定有办法弄清楚到底是怎么回事。”
旁白 neutral
Henry turned to look at Ryan
亨利转过头看向瑞安。
旁白 neutral
Ryan was still ignoring them and practicing his skateboard tricks
瑞安仍旧不理他们,只顾练习滑板技巧。
旁白 neutral
He did a couple of flips, and then jumped the skateboard off the sidewalk
他做了几个翻板动作,然后踩滑板跳下人行道。
旁白 neutral
Henry stared at the shorts
亨利盯着那条短裤。
旁白 neutral
He could see the pockets open every time Ryan moved
每当瑞安一动,他都能看见口袋敞开。
旁白 neutral
" If Ryan did take the money, he must have stuck it in his pockets," he murmured
“如果瑞安真的拿了钱,他肯定塞在口袋里了,”他低声说。
旁白 neutral
" There's nowhere else he could be holding it
“没别的地方能放。
旁白 neutral
And he probably didn't have time to hide it anywhere between then and now."
而且从出事到现在,他多半没时间把钱藏到别处。”
旁白 neutral
" Good point." Cole nodded
“有道理。”科尔点点头。
旁白 neutral
" Does that mean you want to hold him down and search him after all?"
“那你是打算按住他、搜他的身了?”
旁白 neutral
" No. I have a better idea."
“不。我有个更好的主意。”
旁白 neutral
Henry hurried off toward Ryan before Maggie and Cole could respond
亨利在玛吉和科尔还没反应过来之前,就快步朝瑞安走去。
旁白 neutral
Ryan stopped skating when he saw him coming
瑞安看到他过来,停下了滑板。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, it's you again," he said, not sounding very happy
“哦,又是你啊。”他说道,听起来不太高兴。
旁白 neutral
" Don't worry. I'm not here to ask you any more questions."
“别担心。我不是来问你更多问题的。”
旁白 neutral
Henry smiled at the younger kid
亨利朝这个年纪小些的孩子笑了笑。
旁白 neutral
" Actually I was just watching you skate. You've got some nice moves."
“其实我刚才在看你玩滑板呢。你有些动作挺厉害的。”
旁白 neutral
" Thanks, dude." Ryan looked suspicious but a little proud too
“谢啦,哥们儿。”瑞安看上去有些怀疑,但也略带得意。
旁白 neutral
" So can you do some of the harder tricks?" Henry asked
“那你能做几个更高难度的动作吗?”亨利问道。
旁白 neutral
" I saw a kid from Oakview School do some awesome tricks last weekend."
“上周末我看到一个橡景学校的孩子做了几个超棒的动作。”
旁白 neutral
Maggie and Cole had caught up to him by now
这时候,玛吉和科尔已经跟了上来。
旁白 neutral
" Who cares what tricks he can do?" Maggie muttered
“谁在乎他会什么招式?”玛吉嘟囔着。
旁白 neutral
" I can do tons of cool stuff," Ryan bragged
“我会的超酷动作多了去了。”瑞安吹嘘道。
旁白 neutral
" Way more than anybody from Oakview."
“比奥克维尤来的任何人都强多了。”
旁白 neutral
" I saw that kid do a handstand on his skateboard," Henry said
“我见过那孩子在滑板上倒立。”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" Can you do that?"
“你会吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Sure. Watch me." Ryan skated a short distance away from them
“当然。看我的。”瑞安滑到离他们稍远一点的地方。
旁白 neutral
Then he turned around and headed back toward them, kicking off with one foot to build up speed
然后他转过身,单脚蹬地加速,朝他们滑回来。
旁白 neutral
" Who cares if he can do a handstand?" Maggie said
“管他会不会倒立呢?”玛吉说。
旁白 neutral
" Shh." Henry hushed her." Just watch."
“嘘。”亨利示意她安静。“仔细看。”
旁白 neutral
As he got closer, Ryan leaned down and grabbed the edges of the board with his hands
靠近时,瑞安弯下腰,双手抓住滑板边缘。
旁白 neutral
A second later, he was upside-down with his legs in the air
下一秒,他就头下脚上,双腿朝天。
旁白 neutral
" Awesome!" Cole cheered, clapping." You're really good."
“太厉害了!”科尔鼓掌叫好。“你真的很棒。”
旁白 neutral
" Thanks." Ryan flipped back onto his feet and stood up
“谢谢。”瑞安翻身站起。
旁白 neutral
His face was red, and his pockets were turned inside out
他脸涨得通红,口袋都翻了出来。
旁白 neutral
" I think you lost the stuff that was in your pockets," Henry said
“你口袋里的东西好像掉出来了。”亨利说。
旁白 neutral
" I'll help you pick it up."
“我帮你捡。”
旁白 neutral
Henry stepped forward
亨利走上前去。
旁白 neutral
A little pile of stuff lay in the spot where Ryan had flipped himself upside down
就在瑞安刚才翻身倒立的地方,散落着一小堆东西。
旁白 neutral
There was a peppermint candy, a house key, and a couple of snail shells
有一颗薄荷糖、一把家门钥匙,还有几个蜗牛壳。
旁白 neutral
Henry grabbed it all and handed it back to Ryan
亨利把所有东西捡起来,递还给瑞安。
旁白 neutral
Then he said good-bye and hurried off around the corner
然后他道了别,匆匆拐过街角。
旁白 neutral
His friends followed." What was that all about?" Cole asked
朋友们跟了上来。“刚才那是怎么回事?”科尔问道。
旁白 neutral
" Don't you get it?" Henry smiled." I just proved that Ryan isn't our thief
“你还没明白吗?”亨利笑了。“我刚刚证明了瑞安不是我们要找的贼。
旁白 neutral
If he'd stolen Maggie's money, it would have fallen out of his pockets along with all that other stuff."
如果他偷了玛吉的钱,刚才肯定和其他东西一起从口袋里掉出来了。”
旁白 neutral
Cole's eyes widened." Whoa! You're right!"
科尔瞪大了眼睛。“哇!你说得对!”
旁白 neutral
Maggie looked impressed too. But she didn't look happy
玛吉看起来也很佩服,但她并不开心。
旁白 neutral
" So now what?" she said." If Ryan didn't take my money, then who did?"
“那现在怎么办?”她说,“如果不是瑞安拿了我的钱,那会是谁呢?”