Level 5 · 了不起的小发明家
🎬

E16 · Episodes

016 鸡的把戏

鸡的把戏

Little Fox Level 5 · Iggy the Incredible Inventor · Episode 16 — 鸡的把戏.

71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary was very upset

斯凯瑞先生非常沮丧。

旁白 neutral

He wrung his hands

他紧张地绞着双手。

旁白 neutral

He paced the floor

他在地板上来回踱步。

旁白 neutral

Beads of sweat dripped down his forehead

汗珠从他的额头滴落下来。

旁白 neutral

" The vegetable parade is supposed to start in twenty minutes," he cried

“蔬菜游行本来应该二十分钟后就开始的,”他大喊道。

旁白 neutral

" A hundred people will be coming, and they are expecting a parade

“会有上百人过来,他们都盼着看游行呢。

旁白 neutral

What am I going to do?"

我该怎么办?”

旁白 neutral

Suddenly Mr. Chen stood up

突然,陈先生站了起来。

旁白 neutral

" I'm a magician," he said

“我是个魔术师,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" Maybe I can help you."

“也许我能帮你。”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary scowled at him

斯凯瑞先生对他皱起了眉头。

旁白 neutral

" Can you make vegetables reappear?" he asked

“你能让蔬菜重新出现吗?”他问道。

旁白 neutral

" No," said Mr. Chen

“不能,”陈先生说。

旁白 neutral

" But I can put on a fabulous magic show

“不过我可以表演一场精彩的魔术秀。

旁白 neutral

I brought along some of my props."

我带了一些我的道具。”

旁白 neutral

" My dad is a great magician!" said Jenny

“我爸爸是个了不起的魔术师!”珍妮说。

旁白 neutral

" People love his tricks," added Josh

“大家都很喜欢他的魔术,”乔希补充道。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary was still frowning

斯凯瑞先生仍然皱着眉头。

旁白 neutral

" Are you sure you can entertain one hundred people?" he asked

“你确定你能让一百个人都开心吗?”他问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Mr. Chen

“能的,”陈先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Well, okay, but your show had better be good!" said Mr. Scary

“好吧,但你的表演最好精彩点!”斯凯瑞先生说。

旁白 neutral

" I'll go to my room and get my magic things," he told Mr. Scary

“我去房间拿我的魔术道具。”他对斯凯瑞先生说。

旁白 neutral

" Just one thing:

“就一个问题:

旁白 neutral

do you have a chicken I can borrow for my first trick?"

你这里有鸡吗?我想借一只用在我的第一个魔术里。”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary looked surprised, but he nodded

斯凯瑞先生一脸惊讶,但还是点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, we have chickens here," he said

“是的,我们这里养了鸡,”他说,

旁白 neutral

" They lay fresh eggs for breakfast."

“它们会下新鲜的蛋做早餐。”

旁白 neutral

" A chicken?" I thought

“鸡?”我想。

旁白 neutral

What was Mr. Chen going to use a chicken for?

陈先生要用鸡来做什么?

旁白 neutral

I hoped he wasn't going to make chicken soup!

我有点担心,希望他不是要煮鸡汤!

旁白 neutral

I heard Mr. Chen whisper to Josh

我听到陈先生小声对乔什说。

旁白 neutral

" Can you come upstairs with me to get Bunch?

“你能跟我上楼去把邦奇拿来吗?

旁白 neutral

I'll need him for my last trick."

我最后一个戏法需要他。”

旁白 neutral

Josh went upstairs with Mr. Chen

乔什和陈先生一起上楼了。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary left too

斯凯瑞先生也离开了。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary came back a few minutes later, carrying a chicken

几分钟后斯凯瑞先生回来了,抱着一只鸡。

旁白 neutral

" Cluck! Cluck!" squawked the chicken

“咯咯!咯咯!”鸡大声叫着。

旁白 neutral

Families were beginning to file in for the vegetable parade

各家各户开始陆续进场,准备观看蔬菜游行。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary walked to the front of the room

斯凯瑞先生走到了房间前面。

旁白 neutral

He was still holding the chicken

他仍然抱着那只鸡。

旁白 neutral

" I have an announcement," he said

“我有个消息要宣布,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" We will not be having our family vegetable parade today."

“今天的家庭蔬菜游行取消了。”

旁白 neutral

" Boo!" someone yelled

“太遗憾了!”有人喊道。

旁白 neutral

" What a shame," said a woman in a blue hat

“真可惜,”一位戴蓝帽子的女士说。

旁白 neutral

" I wanted to learn how to make vegetable soup."

“我本来想学怎么做蔬菜汤的。”

旁白 neutral

" I was really excited about the vegetable parade," added a little kid in the front

“我本来超级期待蔬菜游行的,”前排的一个小孩补充道。

旁白 neutral

" I wanted to see the celery march into the soup pot!"

“我本来想看芹菜列队走进汤锅!”

旁白 neutral

Mr. Scary held his hand up for silence

斯凯瑞先生举手示意大家安静。

旁白 neutral

" I know how disappointing this is," he said

“我知道这很让大家失望,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" But instead of a vegetable parade, we are having a magic show."

“不过,虽然没有蔬菜游行,我们将有一场魔术表演。”

旁白 neutral

By now more families had come into the Lake Lounge

这时,更多的家庭走进了湖景休息室。

旁白 neutral

They heard Mr. Scary's announcement

他们听到了斯凯瑞先生的宣布。

旁白 neutral

" Yay! A magic show!" cried a little girl in pigtails

“耶!魔术表演!”一个扎着小辫子的小女孩喊道。

旁白 neutral

" That's so cool!"

“太酷了!”

旁白 neutral

said a tall boy sitting in the back

坐在后排的一个高个子男孩说。

旁白 neutral

" I love magic shows," said a red-haired woman

“我喜欢魔术表演,”一位红发女士说。

旁白 neutral

I agreed. A magic show was much more fun than a vegetable parade

我表示同意。魔术表演比蔬菜游行有趣多了。

旁白 neutral

But Mr. Scary looked surprised that people were excited about the magic show

但斯凯瑞先生看到大家对魔术表演这么兴奋,看起来很惊讶。

旁白 neutral

Soon Mr. Chen came back with his big suitcase of magic things

很快,陈先生带着他装满魔术道具的大箱子回来了。

旁白 neutral

Josh came with him, leading Bunch on his leash

乔什和他一起来的,用绳子牵着邦奇。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Chen quickly set up his first trick

陈先生很快布置好了他的第一个魔术。

旁白 neutral

" Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls," he said," I am going to begin with a spectacular trick."

“女士们先生们,孩子们,”他说,“我将以一个精彩绝伦的魔术开始。”

旁白 neutral

" What is it?" called the tall boy in the back of the room

“是什么呀?”房间后排的那个高个子男孩喊道。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Chen took the chicken from Mr. Scary

陈先生从斯凯瑞先生手里接过了那只鸡。

旁白 neutral

" For my first trick, I am going to pull this chicken's head off!" Mr. Chen exclaimed

“我的第一个魔术,是要把这只鸡的头扯下来!”陈先生大声宣布。

旁白 neutral

The audience gasped

观众们都倒吸了一口冷气。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Chen grinned

陈先生咧嘴一笑。

旁白 neutral

" And then," he went on," I'm going to stick it right back on again."

“然后,”他接着说,“我再把它好好地装回去。”

旁白 neutral

" Hooray!" I shouted

“太好啦!”我喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Whew!" said the little girl with pigtails

“呼!”那个扎小辫子的女孩松了口气。

旁白 neutral

" Squawk!" said the chicken

“咯咯!”那只鸡叫了一声。