Level 7 · 哈克贝利·费恩历险记
🎬

E25 · Episodes

025 真相大白

真相大白

Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 25 — 真相大白.

67 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

When I came down to breakfast, Uncle Silas and Aunt Sally were sitting at the table, looking sad

当我下楼吃早餐时,西拉斯姨父和莎莉姨妈坐在桌旁,神情悲伤。

旁白 neutral

Then, we all heard noises in the yard and ran outside

然后,我们都听到院子里有喧闹声,跑了出去。

旁白 neutral

It was Tom! The doctor and some other men were carrying him on a mattress

是汤姆!医生和几个男子用床垫抬着他。

旁白 neutral

Jim was there, too, with his hands tied behind his back

吉姆也在那里,双手被绑在身后。

旁白 neutral

He was surrounded by the men who had chased us two nights ago

他被两天前追赶我们的那些人围住。

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally became very busy, giving orders to servants and getting a bed ready for Tom

莎莉姨妈立刻忙碌起来,吩咐仆人,为汤姆准备床铺。

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile, the men were treating Jim roughly

与此同时,那些人正粗暴地对待吉姆。

旁白 neutral

One of them even said he should be hanged because of the trouble he had caused

其中一个人甚至说因为他惹了这么多麻烦,应该把他绞死。

旁白 neutral

But another man said, no, the slave didn't belong to them, and his owner would be very angry if he didn't get his property back

但另一个人说,不,这个奴隶不属于他们,如果主人要不回自己的财产,一定会非常生气。

旁白 neutral

Jim pretended that he didn't know me. I felt terribly sad that I couldn't help him

吉姆假装不认识我。我为自己帮不了他感到非常难过。

旁白 neutral

I was very relieved when the doctor told the men to treat him kindly

听到医生叫那些人善待他时,我大大地松了一口气。

旁白 neutral

" He's a good man," the doctor said." He could have run away, but he stayed with me the whole time

"他是个好人,"医生说,"他本来可以逃跑的,但他一直和我待在一起。"

旁白 neutral

He was a good nurse to that boy and helped me save his life."

他像个好护士一样照顾那个男孩,帮我救了他的命。

旁白 neutral

After that the men were kinder to Jim, but they still put chains on him and locked him in the shed again

之后,那些人对吉姆友善了些,但还是给他戴上锁链,又把他锁回了小屋里。

旁白 neutral

The doctor told me that Tom was going to be fine

医生告诉我,汤姆会好起来的。

旁白 neutral

But I knew I still had a lot to worry about

但我知道,我还有很多事要担心。

旁白 neutral

How would I explain why I didn't tell the Phelpses that Sid was shot? How could I help to free Jim?

我该怎么解释,我为什么没告诉菲尔普斯一家西德中枪的事?我又怎么才能帮吉姆获得自由?

旁白 neutral

The next day, Tom was so much better that I was allowed to go see him in his room

第二天,汤姆好多了,我被允许去他房间看他。

旁白 neutral

He was sitting up in bed, and he began to talk to me and Aunt Sally

他正坐在床上,开始跟我和萨莉姨妈说话。

旁白 neutral

He was not very alert after his gunshot wound and his fever

经历了枪伤和发烧,他还不是太清醒。

旁白 neutral

I quickly realized he had forgotten that we were keeping many things secret

我很快意识到,他忘了我们有很多事都要保密。

旁白 neutral

" How's Jim?" he said to me

“吉姆怎么样了?”他对我说。

旁白 neutral

" He's fine," I said quietly, frowning at him to show that he should be quiet. But he kept on talking

“他很好,”我小声说,冲他皱眉,示意他别出声。但他还是继续往下说。

旁白 neutral

" Have you told Aunt Sally how we did everything?" continued Tom

“你告诉萨莉姨妈,我们是怎么做的了吗?”汤姆接着说。

旁白 neutral

" Did what?" asked Aunt Sally, looking suspicious

“做了什么?”萨莉姨妈问道,一脸怀疑。

旁白 neutral

Then, Tom told the whole story: the escape plan, the things we borrowed, the tunnel we had dug

接着,汤姆把整件事都说了:逃跑计划、我们“借”来的东西、我们挖的地道。

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally was astonished. When she realized how much trouble we had caused, she started to look angry

萨莉姨妈大吃一惊。当她意识到我们惹了多大麻烦时,开始面露怒色。

旁白 neutral

But Tom kept smiling."... and so we helped the runaway slave get away," he finished

但汤姆一直笑着。“……就这样,我们帮那个逃跑的奴隶脱身了。”他最后说道。

旁白 neutral

" But he didn't get away," said Aunt Sally

“可他没跑掉呀,”萨莉姨妈说。

旁白 neutral

" He's locked in the shed right now."

“他这会儿正锁在小棚屋里呢。”

旁白 neutral

Tom's face grew red." No, that's not right! You have to let him go

汤姆的脸涨得通红。"不,那样不对!你们得放了他。

旁白 neutral

Old Mrs. Watson died two months ago, and in her will, she set Jim free

华森老小姐两个月前去世了,她在遗嘱里释放了吉姆。

旁白 neutral

He's a free man, as free as you and me!"

他是个自由人了,跟你我一样自由!"

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally opened her mouth to speak, when someone else hurried into the room

萨莉姨妈刚张口要说话,这时另一个人匆匆走进了房间。

旁白 neutral

" Why, sister!" she exclaimed. I turned to look, and there was Tom's Aunt Polly!

"哎呀,姐姐!"她喊道。我转过头一看,竟然是汤姆的波莉姨妈!

旁白 neutral

While the two sisters were hugging, I hid under the bed

趁两姐妹拥抱的时候,我躲到了床底下。

旁白 neutral

" Come out from there, Huck Finn!" commanded Aunt Polly

"给我出来,哈克·费恩!"波莉姨妈命令道。

旁白 neutral

" What mischief have you and Tom been making now?"

"你和汤姆这回又捣什么鬼了?"

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally was very confused." But that's Tom under the bed, and Sid in the bed!"

萨莉姨妈很是困惑。"可床底下那个才是汤姆,床上的是西德啊!"

旁白 neutral

" I certainly know my own nephew Tom — I've looked after him since he was a baby," said Aunt Polly

"我肯定认得我自己的外甥汤姆——他从小就是我带大的,"波莉姨妈说。

旁白 neutral

" And I know Huckleberry, too! When I got that letter from you saying Sid was visiting, I had to come and see what was wrong

“我也认识哈克贝利!我收到你的信,说希德来这里做客,我就知道一定出事了,必须亲自来看看。

旁白 neutral

Sid is safe at home, where he should be."

希德好好地待在家里,他本该在那儿。”

旁白 neutral

The first chance I got to talk to Tom by himself, I asked him why he never told us that Jim was a free man

我一找到和汤姆单独说话的机会,就问他,为什么不早告诉我们吉姆已经是个自由人了。

旁白 neutral

" I wanted to have adventures," Tom said." I wanted to free him from prison

“我想冒险,”汤姆说,“我想把他从监牢里救出来。

旁白 neutral

Then, I wanted to go down the Mississippi on the raft with you and him

然后,我想和你、他一起乘着木筏,顺密西西比河漂流而下。

旁白 neutral

I planned to wait until we got to New Orleans and then tell Jim the truth."

我本打算等我们到了新奥尔良,再把真相告诉吉姆。”

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally and Uncle Silas freed Jim from the shed as soon as they heard Tom's story

萨莉姨妈和赛拉斯姨父听了汤姆的讲述后,立刻把吉姆从棚屋里放了出来。

旁白 neutral

They fed him a good meal and gave him some clean clothes

他们让他饱餐了一顿,又给了他几件干净衣服。

旁白 neutral

Then Tom gave Jim forty dollars to start his new life

然后,汤姆给了吉姆四十块钱,让他开始新生活。

旁白 neutral

" Remember what I told you, Huck?" Jim said to me

“还记得我跟你说过的话吗,哈克?”吉姆对我说。

旁白 neutral

" If a man has hair on his chest like me, it means he is going to be rich some day. And now I am!"

“要是一个人胸口长着胸毛,像我这样,他总有一天会发财的。瞧,我现在不就是了!”

旁白 neutral

Once Tom was feeling better, he wanted Jim to stay for a few days

汤姆身体好转后,想让吉姆再待几天。

旁白 neutral

" We could dress up and pretend to be pirates," Tom suggested

“我们可以装扮起来,假装是海盗。”汤姆提议说。

旁白 neutral

" I don't have any money for pirate clothes

“我没钱买海盗服呀。

旁白 neutral

I guess by now Pap got all our money from Judge Thatcher," I said

我想那笔钱,现在大概已经让爸爸从撒切尔法官那儿全给取走了。”我说。

旁白 neutral

" No, he hasn't," said Tom." We still have our six thousand dollars

“不,他没有,”汤姆说,“我们的六千块钱还在。

旁白 neutral

Pap hasn't come back — at least, he hadn't when I left home."

你爸一直没回来——至少,我离开家时,他还没回去。”

旁白 neutral

Then, Jim said in a serious voice," Your Pap isn't ever coming back, Huck. You don't have to worry about that."

这时,吉姆用严肃的语气说:“你爸爸永远不会再回来了,哈克。你不用再担心这个了。”

旁白 neutral

At first, he didn't want to explain how he knew this, but I wouldn't stop asking questions

起初,他不愿解释他是怎么知道的,可我不停追问,非要弄个明白。

旁白 neutral

Finally Jim said," Do you remember that house that we found, floating down the river?"

最后,吉姆说:“你还记得咱们发现的那栋顺水漂流的房子吗?”

旁白 neutral

I nodded

我点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" Do you remember that there was a body inside, and I told you not to look?

“你还记得里面有一具尸体,我当时叫你别看吗?

旁白 neutral

Well, I recognized his face — it was your Pap."

嗯,我认出了那张脸——那是你爸爸。”

旁白 neutral

Well, now I've finished everything I wanted to write

好了,现在,我想写的东西都写完了。

旁白 neutral

Tom's leg has healed. And he kept the bullet for a souvenir

汤姆的腿伤已经痊愈。那颗子弹,他留着当了纪念品。

旁白 neutral

Aunt Sally wants to adopt me and civilize me. But I might run away

萨莉姨妈想收养我,把我管教得有教养。可我八成还是会跑掉。

旁白 neutral

I've already been civilized once, and I don't think I like it

我已经受过一次“教化”了,我想我并不喜欢那种日子。