Level 7 · 哈克贝利·费恩历险记
🎬

E18 · Episodes

018 亲戚太多

亲戚太多

Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 18 — 亲戚太多.

64 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Mary Jane was so sweet that I didn't want to tell her I had put the money in her uncle's coffin

玛丽·简太善良了,我不想告诉她我把钱放进了她叔叔的棺材里。

旁白 neutral

So I said to her," I'll write it on a piece of paper

所以我对她说:“我会写在一张纸上。”

旁白 neutral

After I leave town, you can read it. Then you'll know where to look."

等我离开镇子后,你就可以看了。那时你就知道该去哪儿找了。

旁白 neutral

Mary Jane gave me some paper and I scribbled:

玛丽·简给了我一些纸,我潦草地写道:

旁白 neutral

" I was behind the door and I saw you crying. I felt very sorry for you. I put it in the coffin."

“我当时在门后,看见你在哭。我很同情你。我把它放进棺材里了。”

旁白 neutral

Then I folded up the paper and gave it to her

然后我把纸折起来,交给了她。

旁白 neutral

I didn't think it would be safe for me and Jim to travel on the river in daylight

我觉得我和吉姆白天在河上走不安全。

旁白 neutral

I wanted to wait until dark to get away

我想等到天黑再逃走。

旁白 neutral

But Mary Jane was such an honest person that I knew she would not be able to hide her feelings all day

但玛丽·简是个很诚实的人,我知道她没法一整天都藏住自己的情绪。

旁白 neutral

The expression on her face would tell the king and the duke that she knew the truth

她脸上的表情会让国王和公爵看出她已经知道了真相。

旁白 neutral

I asked Mary Jane if she could leave the house until evening

我问玛丽·简她能不能离开家,一直待到晚上。

旁白 neutral

She agreed to visit her friend Hannah Proctor

她同意去看望她的朋友汉娜·普罗克特。

旁白 neutral

She left quickly before the king and the duke woke up

她趁国王和公爵还没醒,赶紧离开了。

旁白 neutral

At breakfast, I told everyone that Hannah Proctor had the mumps and explained that Mary Jane had gone to look after her

吃早饭时,我告诉大家汉娜·普罗克特得了腮腺炎,并解释说玛丽·简去照顾她了。

旁白 neutral

In the afternoon, I watched the auction in the town square

下午,我在镇广场观看了拍卖。

旁白 neutral

By late in the day, almost everything belonging to Peter Wilks had been sold

到傍晚时,彼得·威尔克斯的几乎全部家当都已售出。

旁白 neutral

But I knew that no money would be paid on the day of the auction

但我知道拍卖当天不会支付任何钱款。

旁白 neutral

The duke and the king would have to stay for another day to collect it

公爵和国王得再待一天才能收到钱。

旁白 neutral

Before that could happen, Mary Jane would come back

在那之前,玛丽·简就会回来。

旁白 neutral

She would tell the truth, and the two scoundrels would be arrested

她会说出真相,那两个坏蛋就会被抓起来。

旁白 neutral

By then, I would be safe on the river again with Jim

到那时,我就能和吉姆再次安全地待在河上了。

旁白 neutral

I was quite proud of myself and thought I had arranged things very well

我对自己相当得意,觉得事情安排得天衣无缝。

旁白 neutral

Then I heard loud voices coming toward the center of town

这时,我听到一阵喧哗声朝镇中心而来。

旁白 neutral

I turned and saw a well-dressed older gentleman and a nice-looking younger one with his right arm in a sling

我转过身,看见一位衣着讲究的年长绅士和一个长相英俊、右臂吊着绷带的年轻人。

旁白 neutral

Some townspeople were with them, and one of them called out," Here are two more men who say they are Harvey Wilks and his brother William!"

一些镇民跟着他们,其中一个人喊道:“这儿还有两个人,说他们才是哈维·威尔克斯和他的兄弟威廉!”

旁白 neutral

Wouldn't you think that the king and the duke would give up when they saw the real Englishmen?

你难道不会以为,国王和公爵看到真正的英国人时会就此罢休吗?

旁白 neutral

Well, they didn't! The king said in an angry voice," These men are liars trying to steal our property. Don't listen to them!"

唉,他们可没有!国王用愤怒的声音说:“这些人是骗子,想偷走我们的财产。别听他们的!”

旁白 neutral

I could see that some townspeople believed the king, but Doctor Robinson and some others looked pleased to see the newcomers

我看得出,有些镇民相信了国王,但鲁滨逊医生和其他一些人看到新来的人,显得很高兴。

旁白 neutral

They had never believed that the duke and the king were honest men

他们从来就不相信公爵和国王是诚实的人。

旁白 neutral

The two new arrivals were very confused by the uproar

那两个新来的人被这场喧闹弄得莫名其妙。

旁白 neutral

Harvey Wilks, the older gentleman, told their story:

年长的绅士哈维·威尔克斯讲述了他们的经历:

旁白 neutral

They had come all the way from England to see their dying brother, but they had been delayed when poor William broke his arm

他们专程从英国赶来看望垂死的兄弟,但因为可怜的威廉摔断了胳膊,路上耽搁了。

旁白 neutral

The king demanded to see written proof of who they were

国王要求他们出示书面证明,以证实身份。

旁白 neutral

Harvey replied that this was impossible because their bags had been lost on the journey

哈维回答说这不可能,因为他们的行李在旅途中丢失了。

旁白 neutral

So it went on for a while with both pairs of men claiming they were the true relatives

就这样,双方都声称自己才是真正的亲属,争执了好一会儿。

旁白 neutral

I knew the truth, but if I told it, I'd be in trouble too

我知道真相,但如果我说出来,我自己也会惹上麻烦。

旁白 neutral

Then I wouldn't be able to get away and help Jim

那样我就没法脱身去帮助吉姆了。

旁白 neutral

Finally, Harvey Wilks said that Peter, his brother, had a small tattoo on his chest

最后,哈维·威尔克斯说他的兄弟彼得胸口有一个小纹身。

旁白 neutral

He challenged the king to describe it." Why, yes," said the king," he has a small lightning bolt on his chest."

他要求国王描述一下。国王说:“哦,是的,他胸口有一个小小的闪电图案。”

旁白 neutral

" No," said the old gentleman." It is his initials: P and W."

“不对,”老绅士说,“是他名字的首字母:P 和 W。”

旁白 neutral

By now, most of the townspeople were so confused that they did not know what to believe

这时候,大多数镇上的人都被弄糊涂了,不知道该相信什么。

旁白 neutral

Doctor Robinson jumped up onto the table that had been used for the auction

罗宾逊医生跳上了之前拍卖用过的那张桌子。

旁白 neutral

" There's only one way to settle this," he shouted

“只有一种方法能解决这事,”他喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Let's all go to the cemetery and dig up the corpse

“我们大伙儿都去墓地,把尸体挖出来。

旁白 neutral

Grab the four men and the boy and make them come with us."

抓住那四个人和那个男孩,带他们一起来。”

旁白 neutral

I was very scared, but a townsman was holding me so hard that I couldn't escape

我非常害怕,但一个镇上的人紧紧抓着我,我逃不掉。

旁白 neutral

" If we don't find the tattoo those two scoundrels described, we'll hang you along with them!" he growled at me

“要是我们找不到那两个恶棍描述的纹身,我们就把你跟他们一起绞死!”他冲我低声吼道。

旁白 neutral

It was dark and windy in the cemetery, and lightning flashed in the sky

墓地里又黑风又大,天空中闪过一道道闪电。

旁白 neutral

So many men were helping that it did not take long to dig up the grave

帮忙的人非常多,没过多久就把坟墓挖开了。

旁白 neutral

Then they pulled out the coffin and opened the lid

接着他们拖出棺材,打开了盖子。

旁白 neutral

A huge lightning bolt lit up the night, and someone yelled," Look at that — there's a big bag of gold on his chest!"

一道巨大的闪电照亮了夜空,有人喊道:“快看——他胸口上有一大袋金子!”

旁白 neutral

Everyone became so excited that they rushed toward the coffin

所有人都变得无比激动,猛地朝棺材冲了过去。

旁白 neutral

The townsman forgot to hold my wrist, and I ran away at once, down the road as fast as I could

那个镇上的人忘了抓住我的手腕,我立刻跑了,沿着大路拼命地跑。

旁白 neutral

I ran right through town without seeing anyone

我径直跑过了镇子,一个人都没看见。

旁白 neutral

When I got to the riverbank, a lightning flash showed me a canoe that was pulled up on shore

当我到达河岸边时,一道闪电让我看见岸边停着一条独木舟。

旁白 neutral

I jumped in and paddled until I came to the raft where Jim was waiting

我跳进去,一直划到吉姆等候着的木筏那里。

旁白 neutral

I had never been so glad to see anyone in my whole life

我这辈子从没这么高兴见到任何人。

旁白 neutral

" Cut the rope loose and let's go, Jim!" I yelled, climbing aboard

“砍断缆绳,咱们走,吉姆!”我一边爬上筏子,一边喊道。

旁白 neutral

" We're finally free of those scoundrels."

“咱们终于摆脱那两个恶棍了。”

旁白 neutral

In seconds, we were out on the river again

几秒之内,我们又漂行在了河面上。

旁白 neutral

I felt so relieved that I began to jump and dance on the raft

我觉得如释重负,开始在木筏上又蹦又跳。

旁白 neutral

Then I heard the sound of paddling behind the raft

接着我听见木筏后面传来划水的声音。

旁白 neutral

The next lightning flash revealed the truth

下一道闪电揭示了真相。

旁白 neutral

It was the duke and the king in a rowboat, catching up with us

是公爵和国王坐在一条划艇上,正朝我们追过来。