E11 · Episodes
011 家族世仇
家族世仇
Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 11 — 家族世仇.
71 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
The dogs kept barking at me and I was afraid to move
那些狗一直对着我叫,我吓得不敢动。
旁白 neutral
Then a man called out of the window of the house," Calm down, boys! Who's there?"
这时,房子里有个男人从窗户喊道:"安静点,伙计们!谁在那儿?"
旁白 neutral
" It's me," I said
"是我。"我说。
旁白 neutral
" Who's me?" asked the voice
"我是谁?"那个声音问道。
旁白 neutral
" George Jackson, sir. I'm only a boy."
"乔治·杰克逊,先生。我只是个小孩子。"
旁白 neutral
" What do you want?"
"你想干什么?"
旁白 neutral
" I don't want anything, sir. I only want to pass by the house, but the dogs won't let me."
"我什么也不想干,先生。我只是想从房子旁边路过,可这些狗不让我走。"
旁白 neutral
" Why are you prowling around here at this time of night, huh?" he asked
"你大半夜的在这儿鬼鬼祟祟地干什么,嗯?"他问道。
旁白 neutral
" I wasn't prowling around, sir." I began to make up a story in my head to tell him." I fell overboard off a steamboat."
"我没有鬼鬼祟祟的,先生。"我在脑子里编了个故事告诉他。"我从一艘蒸汽船上掉到水里了。"
旁白 neutral
" Look here, if you're telling the truth, you needn't be afraid," said the man in a kinder voice
"听着,如果你说的是实话,你就不用害怕。"那个男人用比较和善的声音说道。
旁白 neutral
" Nobody will hurt you." Then he shouted," Bob and Tom, wake up and fetch the guns!"
“我们不会伤害你的。”然后他喊道,“鲍勃、汤姆,都醒醒,把枪拿上!”
旁白 neutral
I heard more people moving around in the house
我听见房子里还有人在走动。
旁白 neutral
Then the man called out to me again
然后那个男人又冲我喊话。
旁白 neutral
" George Jackson, do you know the Shepherdsons?"
“乔治·杰克逊,你知道谢泼德森家吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No sir," I said truthfully." I never heard of them."
“不认识,先生,”我如实回答,“我从没听说过他们。”
旁白 neutral
" Well, then, walk forward slowly and push the door open, just enough to squeeze in."
“那好,你慢慢往前走,把门推开,刚好能挤进来就行。”
旁白 neutral
I took one slow step at a time
我慢慢地,一步一步地往前挪。
旁白 neutral
As I got close to the front door, I heard the people inside unlocking it. I pushed it and stepped inside
我靠近前门时,听见里面的人正在开锁。我推开门,走了进去。
旁白 neutral
By candlelight I could see three big men, all with guns pointed at me
借着烛光,我看见三个身材高大的男人,全都拿枪指着我。
旁白 neutral
The oldest was about sixty; the other two were young men
最年长的那位大约六十岁,另外两个是年轻人。
旁白 neutral
Behind them were an old lady and two younger women
他们身后是一位老妇人和两个年轻女子。
旁白 neutral
As soon as I was inside, the old gentleman locked the door again
我一进门,老先生立刻又把门锁上了。
旁白 neutral
Then all of us went into the parlor
然后我们所有人都进了客厅。
旁白 neutral
They all took a good look at me and decided that I didn't look like a Shepherdson
他们仔细打量了我一番,认定我看起来不像谢泼德森家的人。
旁白 neutral
The old lady noticed that I was all wet
老妇人发现我浑身都湿透了。
旁白 neutral
She told her servant girl to get me some food and to wake up Buck
她叫女仆去给我拿点吃的,还让她去叫醒巴克。
旁白 neutral
Buck came down a few minutes later, rubbing his eyes
几分钟后,巴克揉着眼睛从楼上下来了。
旁白 neutral
He looked to be about 13 — my age
他看起来大概十三岁——跟我一样大。
旁白 neutral
Buck took me up to his room where he gave me some dry clothes
巴克带我上楼到他房间,给了我几件干衣服。
旁白 neutral
He told me about a rabbit he had caught in the woods
他跟我说起他在林子里抓到的一只兔子。
旁白 neutral
Then he asked me where Moses was when the candle went out
然后他问我蜡烛熄灭时摩西在哪里。
旁白 neutral
I said I didn't know, and he said I should guess
我说我不知道,他说我应该猜猜看。
旁白 neutral
" How can I guess," I said," when I never heard of it before?"
“我怎么猜得出来,”我说,“我以前从没听说过这事。”
旁白 neutral
Finally he said," He was in the dark!"
最后他说:“他在黑暗里!”
旁白 neutral
" Well, if you knew where he was, why did you ask me?" I said
“好吧,既然你知道他在哪里,为什么还来问我?”我说。
旁白 neutral
" It's a riddle," he said. Then he grinned at me
“这是个谜语,”他说,然后朝我咧嘴一笑。
旁白 neutral
" Are you going to stay here a while? I hope so
“你要在这里待一阵子吗?我希望如此。
旁白 neutral
I have a dog and we can go down to the river and have great times."
我有一条狗,我们可以去河边玩个痛快。”
旁白 neutral
Still talking in this friendly way, he took me down to dinner
他仍然这样友好地聊着天,带我下楼去吃晚饭。
旁白 neutral
It was the best food I had ever tasted: cornbread and butter and beef and buttermilk
那是我吃过的最好吃的食物:玉米面包、黄油、牛肉和酪乳。
旁白 neutral
All the family members — their name was Grangerford, I soon found out — asked me questions
家里的所有成员——我很快就知道他们姓格兰杰福德——都问我问题。
旁白 neutral
I told them I came from Arkansas, that my mother and brother and sisters were all dead
我告诉他们我来自阿肯色州,我的母亲、兄弟和姐妹都死了,
旁白 neutral
and that my father had drowned when we both fell off the steamboat, so I had no family
而且我爸爸在我们两个从轮船上掉下去时淹死了,所以我没有任何家人。
旁白 neutral
They said that I could have a home with them as long as I wanted
他们说只要我愿意,我可以一直和他们住在一起,有个家。
旁白 neutral
The Grangerfords lived in a beautiful house with lots of rooms
格兰杰福德一家住在一所漂亮的房子里,有很多房间。
旁白 neutral
Everything was kept clean and polished by all their black servants
所有东西都由他们的黑人仆人们擦得干干净净、光亮亮的。
旁白 neutral
They had a clock on the mantel, with a china cat and dog on either side
壁炉架上有一座钟,两边各放着一只瓷猫和一只瓷狗。
旁白 neutral
They had many books and lots of pictures on the walls
他们有很多书,墙上挂着好多画。
旁白 neutral
Colonel Grangerford, the older man, treated his family kindly, and they loved him
年纪较大的格兰杰福德上校待家人很和善,他们也爱他。
旁白 neutral
He and his two grown-up sons were handsome men and very well dressed
他和他的两个成年的儿子都是英俊的男人,穿着也很讲究。
旁白 neutral
His wife was a sweet-faced kind lady
他的妻子是一位面容慈祥、心地善良的夫人。
旁白 neutral
The two daughters were Miss Charlotte, who was proud, and Miss Sophia, who was quiet and gentle
两个女儿中,夏洛特小姐很高傲,索菲亚小姐则安静又温柔。
旁白 neutral
I found out that the family used to be larger, but a daughter had died, and three sons had been killed
我发现这家人以前更多,但死了一个女儿,还有三个儿子也死了。
旁白 neutral
One day Buck and I were walking in the woods when we heard a horse coming
一天,我和巴克在树林里走着,忽然听到有马过来。
旁白 neutral
" Quick, hide!" Buck said. We hid behind a tree and saw a handsome young horseman with a gun
"快,躲起来!"巴克说。我们躲在一棵树后,看到一个带枪的英俊年轻骑手。
旁白 neutral
I later found out his name was Harney, and he was one of the Shepherdsons
我后来知道他的名字叫哈尼,是谢泼德森家的人。
旁白 neutral
Suddenly Buck fired his gun, right by my ear, and Harney's hat flew off his head
突然,巴克紧挨着我的耳边开了枪,哈尼的帽子从他头上飞了出去。
旁白 neutral
Then we both ran through the woods and didn't stop until we got back to the house
然后我俩穿过树林拼命跑,直到回了家才停下。
旁白 neutral
Colonel Grangerford scolded Buck for shooting from behind a tree
格兰杰福德上校责骂巴克不该躲在树后开枪。
旁白 neutral
" But that's what the Shepherdsons do," Buck replied
"可谢泼德森家的人就是这么干的。"巴克回答说。
旁白 neutral
I noticed that Miss Sophia looked very pale until she heard that Harney Shepherdson wasn't hurt
我注意到索菲亚小姐脸色很苍白,直到听说哈尼·谢泼德森没受伤才好转。
旁白 neutral
When Buck and I were by ourselves, I asked him why he wanted to hurt Harney Shepherdson
等只有我和巴克两个人的时候,我问他为什么想伤害哈尼·谢泼德森。
旁白 neutral
" What did he do to you?" I asked
"他对你做了什么吗?"我问。
旁白 neutral
" He never did anything to me," Buck answered
"他从来没对我怎么样。"巴克回答。
旁白 neutral
" Well, why did you want to shoot at him?" I asked
"好吧,那你为什么想朝他开枪?"我问。
旁白 neutral
Then Buck told me that there was a feud between the Grangerfords and the Shepherdsons
然后巴克告诉我,格兰杰福德家和谢泼德森家有世仇。
旁白 neutral
I had never heard this word before, so he explained that long ago, a man in one family had fought with a man in the other family, and killed him
我以前从没听过这个词,于是他解释说,很久以前,一家有个人跟另一家有个人打了起来,把他杀了。
旁白 neutral
Then the dead man's brother shot the first man
然后,死者的兄弟又开枪打死了第一个人。
旁白 neutral
Then all the brothers and cousins got into the fight, too
接着,所有的兄弟和堂表兄弟也都卷入了争斗。
旁白 neutral
The feud had started more than thirty years ago
这场世仇三十多年前就开始了。
旁白 neutral
No one could remember who had started the first fight, or what it was about. But the feud went on
没人记得是谁挑起了第一次争斗,也不记得是为了什么。但世仇就这么一直延续着。