Level 7 · 哈克贝利·费恩历险记
🎬

E06 · Episodes

006 哈克结识新友

哈克结识新友

Little Fox Level 7 · The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn · Episode 6 — 哈克结识新友.

59 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

I tied up the canoe in its usual place and decided to sleep in it, but I couldn't sleep much

我把独木舟系在平时停靠的地方,打算在船里睡一觉,但基本没怎么睡着。

旁白 neutral

Every time I woke up, I thought somebody had me by the neck

每次惊醒,我都感觉好像有人掐着我的脖子。

旁白 neutral

Finally I decided that I couldn't live this way

最后我下定决心,不能再这样提心吊胆地过日子了。

旁白 neutral

I had to search until I found out who was on Jackson's Island with me

我必须去搜寻一番,直到弄清楚杰克逊岛上和我在一起的人到底是谁。

旁白 neutral

I paddled my canoe along the shore of the island, keeping close to land

我紧贴着岛岸,沿着岸边划着独木舟。

旁白 neutral

The moon shone almost as bright as day, but I didn't see anything moving on the shore

月光亮得几乎像白天一样,但岸上一点动静都没看见。

旁白 neutral

When I got to the other end of the island, I landed the canoe

到了岛的另一头,我把独木舟靠了岸。

旁白 neutral

By now it was almost morning. With my gun in my hand, I moved quietly through the woods to the place where I had seen the campfire ashes

这时天快亮了。我手里端着枪,悄悄穿过树林,向我之前看到篝火灰烬的地方走去。

旁白 neutral

After a little while, I saw the light of a campfire through the trees

过了一会儿,我透过树林看见了篝火的光。

旁白 neutral

As I crept closer, I saw a man lying on the ground with a blanket over him. It was Miss Watson's black slave Jim!

我悄悄靠近,看见一个人躺在地上,身上盖着条毯子。原来是沃森小姐家的黑奴吉姆!

旁白 neutral

I called out," Hi, Jim!" and skipped out of the trees

我喊道:“嗨,吉姆!”然后蹦蹦跳跳地从树丛里跑了出来。

旁白 neutral

He jumped up and stared at me wildly as if I were a ghost

他跳起来,发狂似的瞪着我,好像我是鬼一样。

旁白 neutral

Then he moaned," Don't hurt me! I've never harmed a ghost

然后他呻吟着说:“别伤害我!我可从来没害过鬼。

旁白 neutral

You get right back in that river again!"

你赶紧回到那条河里去!”

旁白 neutral

I quickly made Jim understand that I wasn't dead and that I was very glad to see him

我很快让吉姆明白我没死,而且我很高兴见到他。

旁白 neutral

I told him that I trusted him not to tell anyone where I was

我告诉他,我相信他不会告诉任何人我在哪里。

旁白 neutral

Jim told me that he'd been on the island since the night after I was killed, with nothing to eat but berries

吉姆告诉我,从我被害那天晚上起,他就一直在这个岛上,除了浆果什么吃的也没有。

旁白 neutral

Now he was very hungry. We walked together to my canoe

现在他饿极了。我们一起走到我的独木舟那里。

旁白 neutral

I got out my cornmeal, bacon and coffee, a frying pan, and a coffeepot

我拿出我的玉米粉、培根和咖啡,还有一口煎锅和一只咖啡壶。

旁白 neutral

While Jim got a fire going and cooked bacon and cornmeal, I caught a catfish

吉姆生起火,煮着培根和玉米粉的时候,我钓到了一条鲶鱼。

旁白 neutral

Jim cleaned and fried it, and we had a delicious breakfast. Then we lay in the grass, relaxing

吉姆把鱼清洗干净并煎好,我们吃了一顿美味的早餐。然后我们躺在草地上放松。

旁白 neutral

After a while, Jim asked who had been killed in that cabin, if it wasn't me

过了一会儿,吉姆问,既然不是我,那木屋里被杀的是谁。

旁白 neutral

I told him the whole story of how I tricked everyone

我把如何骗过所有人的经过全都讲给他听。

旁白 neutral

Then I asked him why he was camping on the island

接着我问他为什么会在岛上野营。

旁白 neutral

Jim looked very uneasy and didn't say anything for a minute

吉姆看上去非常不安,好一会儿没说话。

旁白 neutral

Then he said," You won't tell anyone about me, will you?"

然后他说:“你不会把我的事告诉别人吧?”

旁白 neutral

I promised I wouldn't

我保证不会说出去。

旁白 neutral

" Well, Huck — I ran away."

“好吧,哈克——我逃跑了。”

旁白 neutral

I was shocked. Black slaves belonged to their owners

我大吃一惊。黑奴是属于主人的。

旁白 neutral

It was against the law for slaves to run away

奴隶逃跑是违法的。

旁白 neutral

But I would never break my promise to Jim, and I told him so

但我绝对不会对吉姆食言,我这么跟他说了。

旁白 neutral

Then Jim explained why he had run away from Miss Watson

接着吉姆解释了他为什么从华森小姐那里逃跑。

旁白 neutral

" Miss Watson promised that she wouldn't sell me, but I saw a slave trader at her house recently, and I began to get uneasy

“华森小姐保证过不会卖掉我,可我最近在她家看见了一个奴隶贩子,我就开始担心了。

旁白 neutral

One night I went past the house, and I heard Miss Watson tell the Widow Douglas that she was going to sell me for eight hundred dollars

一天晚上我路过那房子,听见华森小姐告诉道格拉斯寡妇,她要以八百块钱把我卖掉。

旁白 neutral

I didn't wait to hear any more — I just ran away down to the river

我没再听下去——就直接逃到了河边。

旁白 neutral

I hid in a shack until morning. I thought maybe I could steal a rowboat, but there were people around all the time

我躲在一个棚子里直到天亮。我想也许能偷一艘划艇,可周围一直有人。

旁白 neutral

I heard your Pap and other people talking about how you'd been murdered

我听见你爸和别的人说起你被谋杀了的事。

旁白 neutral

I was very sorry to hear it, Huck

听到这事我很难过,哈克。

旁白 neutral

I was hungry, but I wasn't afraid

我肚子饿,但不害怕。

旁白 neutral

I knew Miss Watson and the widow were going to be out all day, so they wouldn't notice that I was gone until evening

我知道华森小姐和寡妇一整天都会在外面,所以直到晚上她们才会发现我跑了。

旁白 neutral

When it got dark, I walked along the river until I came to a place with no houses

天黑以后,我沿着河边走,来到一个没有房子的地方。

旁白 neutral

I realized that if I stole a boat, people would know I'd taken it

我意识到如果我偷一条船,别人会知道是我拿的。

旁白 neutral

What I wanted was a raft of those logs that float down the river

我想要的是那种顺着河往下漂的木排筏子。

旁白 neutral

When I saw one, I swam out to it, climbed on, and lay down on the wood

我看到一个,就游过去,爬上去,躺在木头上。

旁白 neutral

The river was moving fast, and I expected to be forty kilometers away by morning

河水流得很急,我估计到早上就能漂出四十公里远。

旁白 neutral

But I didn't have good luck. Men with lanterns in their boats came after me, looking for me

但我运气不好。有人提着灯笼划船来追我,在找我。

旁白 neutral

When one of them got so close that he would see me, I slid off the raft and swam to this island

有一个人离得很近,就要看见我了,我就从木排上滑下水,游到了这个岛上。

旁白 neutral

I decided to stay here until the men stopped looking for me

我决定待在这儿,直到那些人不找我了为止。

旁白 neutral

I had some matches in my hat where they wouldn't get wet, so I could make a fire. I was all right."

我帽子里藏着些火柴,不会弄湿,这样我就能生火了。我就没事了。”

旁白 neutral

Just then some young birds came along, flying short little distances and landing often

刚说着,飞来了几只幼鸟,飞一小段就落下来,一会儿一落。

旁白 neutral

Jim said it was a sign that it was going to rain

吉姆说这是个兆头,要下雨了。

旁白 neutral

Jim knew lots of signs. For instance, he said you shouldn't count the things you are going to cook for dinner, because that will bring bad luck

吉姆懂好多兆头。比方说,他说不应该数晚饭要煮的东西,那会带来厄运。

旁白 neutral

And you shouldn't shake a tablecloth after sundown

还有,太阳下山后不能抖桌布。

旁白 neutral

" Jim, it seems as if all the signs you know are about bad luck," I said." Don't you know any good luck signs?"

“吉姆,好像你懂的这些兆头全是关于厄运的,”我说,“你就不知道什么好运的兆头吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Very few," he replied." Why do you need to know if good luck is coming? Do you need to keep it away?"

“很少,”他回答,“你干嘛需要知道好运要来呢?你想把它赶走吗?”

旁白 neutral

Then he told me that if a man had hairy arms and a hairy chest, it meant he was going to be rich someday

然后他告诉我,要是一个人胳膊和胸口长满毛,就说明他将来会发财。

旁白 neutral

Jim had hair on his arms and chest, so I asked him if he was rich

吉姆胳膊和胸口就有毛,我就问他是不是富了。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, I am, now that I think of it," he said

“是啊,这么一想,我是富了,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" I own myself, and I'm worth eight hundred dollars, but I wish I had the money."

“我拥有我自己,我值八百块钱呢,可我倒是希望真有那笔钱。”