Level 5 · 格列佛游记
🎬

E05 · Episodes

005 参观米尔登多

参观米尔登多

Little Fox Level 5 · Gulliver's Travels · Episode 5 — 参观米尔登多.

53 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

On my first day of freedom, I went into the capital city, Mildendo

获得自由的第一天,我走进了首都米尔登多城。

旁白 neutral

I stepped over the city walls and walked through the streets

我跨过城墙,穿行在街道间。

旁白 neutral

Most of the houses in Mildendo had three to five stories

米尔登多的大多数房屋都有三到五层楼高。

旁白 neutral

They were painted in many bright colors, and some had unusual patterns painted on them

它们漆着各种鲜艳的色彩,有些还绘有奇特的图案。

旁白 neutral

People watched me curiously from every window

人们从每一扇窗户里好奇地看着我。

旁白 neutral

The city was a square, with two main streets that crossed in the middle of the city

这座城市呈正方形,有两条主街道在市中心交汇。

旁白 neutral

These two streets divided Mildendo into quarters

这两条街道将米尔登多分成了四个区。

旁白 neutral

The main streets were just wide enough for me to walk down

主街道的宽度刚够我通行。

旁白 neutral

I could not go into the smaller streets, though, because my feet were too big and those streets were too narrow

不过,我进不了小街巷,因为我的脚太大,而那些街道又太窄。

旁白 neutral

Because the Lilliputians are so small, I had to walk very carefully so as not to step on anyone

因为小人国居民如此矮小,我得非常小心地行走,以免踩到任何人。

旁白 neutral

" Hello!" I said to people as I passed them

“你好!”路过人群时,我跟他们打招呼。

旁白 neutral

Some people waved

有些人朝我挥手。

旁白 neutral

A man in a blue coat called out," Welcome to Mildendo."

一个穿蓝外套的人大声说道:“欢迎来到米尔登多。”

旁白 neutral

" This is the most crowded city I've ever seen," I said to him

“这是我见过最拥挤的城市。”我对他说。

旁白 neutral

" Five hundred thousand people live here," he replied almost proudly

“这里有五十万居民。”他几乎是自豪地答道。

旁白 neutral

The king's palace was in the center of the city, surrounded by a high, thick wall

国王的宫殿坐落在城市中央,四周环绕着又高又厚的围墙。

旁白 neutral

I climbed over the wall and lay down on the ground

我翻过围墙,在地上趴了下来。

旁白 neutral

From there I could see into the palace rooms

从那里我能望见宫殿里的房间。

旁白 neutral

Everything in the palace was beautiful, just as the king had said

宫殿里的一切都美极了,正如国王所说的那样。

旁白 neutral

In one room I saw the queen talking with some ladies

在一个房间里,我看见王后正在跟几位女士交谈。

旁白 neutral

When she saw me, she came to the window

她一看见我,就来到了窗边。

旁白 neutral

" Enormous One," she said," welcome to our fair city

“巨人,”她说,“欢迎来到我们美丽的城市。

旁白 neutral

You may kiss my hand."

你可以亲吻我的手。”

旁白 neutral

Her hand was smaller than the nail of my little finger

她的手比我的小指指甲还要小。

旁白 neutral

" I am honored to see you, Your Majesty," I replied

“我很荣幸见到您,陛下,”我回答道。

旁白 neutral

" Your palace is magnificent

“您的宫殿真是宏伟。

旁白 neutral

In all my travels, I have never seen a better palace."

在我所有的旅行中,从没见过比这更好的宫殿。”

旁白 neutral

I kissed her tiny hand very carefully

我十分小心地亲吻了她那只小小的手。

旁白 neutral

The queen and I talked for a little while

王后和我聊了一小会儿。

旁白 neutral

All things in Lilliput — the people, the birds, the animals, the plants and trees — are tiny

小人国里的一切——人、鸟、动物,还有花草树木——都微小极了。

旁白 neutral

The people would fit nicely into my daughter's dollhouse

这里的人正好能放进我女儿的玩具屋。

旁白 neutral

Even the tallest trees on the island are only a little taller than I am

岛上最高的树也只比我高一点点。

旁白 neutral

When I first arrived, I was surprised at the smallness of everything

刚到的时候,我对什么东西都这么小感到惊讶。

旁白 neutral

After a few weeks, though, I got used to it

不过几周之后,我就习惯了。

旁白 neutral

Day by day, I learned more about the customs of Lilliput

我一天天更多地了解了小人国的风俗。

旁白 neutral

In Lilliput, as in England, a person who does something bad is punished

在小人国,和英格兰一样,做了坏事的人会受到惩罚。

旁白 neutral

The king of Lilliput, however, also rewards good people

然而,小人国的国王也会奖赏好人。

旁白 neutral

If they obey all laws for six years, he gives them money

如果他们在六年内遵守所有法律,国王就会赐予他们金钱。

旁白 neutral

" What an interesting idea," I said to myself

“这主意真有趣,”我自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

" The king of England does not reward people for good behavior

“英格兰的国王可不会因为好品行而奖赏臣民。

旁白 neutral

His people might behave better if he did."

如果他这么做,他的臣民也许会表现更好。”

旁白 neutral

One day, a visitor came to see me

一天,有访客来看我。

旁白 neutral

" My name is Reldresal," he said

“我叫瑞尔德里沙,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" I am the king's chief assistant

“我是国王的首席助手。

旁白 neutral

I help him make decisions and take care of his important business."

我协助他做决定,处理重要事务。”

旁白 neutral

" I am very happy to meet you, sir," I said to Reldresal

“很高兴见到您,先生,”我对瑞尔德里沙说。

旁白 neutral

" Please thank His Majesty for giving me my freedom

“请感谢陛下赐予我自由。

旁白 neutral

Now I can explore your lovely island."

现在我可以探访你们这个可爱的岛了。”

旁白 neutral

" The king set you free," explained my new friend," because he needs your help

“国王给你自由,”我的新朋友解释说,“是因为他需要你的帮助。

旁白 neutral

Lilliput is in danger."

小人国正处于危险之中。”

旁白 neutral

" What kind of danger?" I asked

“什么危险?”我问。

旁白 neutral

" Ah, that is a long story," Reldresal replied

“啊,说来话长,”瑞尔德里沙回答。

旁白 neutral

" Let me tell you a little of the history of Lilliput."

“让我把小人国的历史跟你讲一些。”