E65 · Episodes
65 Career Choices|Act 2
Career Choices|Act 2
Family Album USA · Family Album, U.S.A. · Episode 65 — Career Choices|Act 2.
136 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
In the second act, Ellen tries to help Marilyn
第二幕中,艾伦试图帮助玛丽莲
旁白 neutral
I've been meaning to ask you what you were thinking about regarding going back to work
我一直想问你,关于重返工作你是怎么想的?
旁白 neutral
And Marilyn wants to know what Ellen decided to do when her children were babies
玛丽莲想知道艾伦在孩子小的时候是怎么决定的。
旁白 neutral
What did you do?
你是怎么做的?
旁白 neutral
I chose to continue with my career as a music teacher
我选择继续做音乐老师。
旁白 neutral
Later on, Susan tells Marilyn what her life is like as a working mother
后来,苏珊告诉玛丽莲她作为职场妈妈的生活。
旁白 neutral
I have a job, and I have Michelle
我有工作,还有米歇尔。
旁白 neutral
I take care of both to the best of my ability
我尽力兼顾两者。
旁白 neutral
What will Marilyn decide to do?
玛丽莲会怎么决定呢?
旁白 neutral
There's your teddy bear, Max
你的泰迪熊在这儿,麦克斯。
旁白 neutral
He just loves that teddy bear that Grandpa Philip bought for him
他就是喜欢菲利普爷爷给他买的那个泰迪熊。
旁白 neutral
I took him to Philip's office yesterday for a checkup
昨天我带他去菲利普的办公室做检查。
旁白 neutral
You should have seen the look on his face when Molly gave him the injection
你真该看看莫莉给他打针时他脸上的表情。
旁白 neutral
Oh, did he cry?
哦,他哭了吗?
旁白 neutral
No
没有。
旁白 neutral
My dear little boy just looked up at me as if to say," Mama, what are they doing to me?" Oh
我亲爱的小男孩只是抬头看着我,好像在说:“妈妈,他们在对我做什么?”
旁白 neutral
" Help."
“救命。”
旁白 neutral
How did you feel?
你感觉怎么样?
旁白 neutral
Tell the truth
说实话。
旁白 neutral
Didn't you feel terrible?
你难道不觉得难受吗?
旁白 neutral
I sure did
我当然难受。
旁白 neutral
But I held him closely
但我紧紧抱着他。
旁白 neutral
I kissed the top of his dear little head
我吻了他可爱的小头顶。
旁白 neutral
He looked up at me
他抬头看着我。
旁白 neutral
He tried to smile
他试图微笑。
旁白 neutral
Being with him helped
陪着他有帮助。
旁白 neutral
Helped him, or helped you?
帮助了他,还是帮助了你?
旁白 neutral
Being a mother is not easy, if that's what you mean
做母亲不容易,如果你是这个意思的话。
旁白 neutral
Speaking of being a mother
说到做母亲,
旁白 neutral
I've been meaning to ask you what you were thinking about regarding going back to work
我一直想问你,关于重返工作你是怎么想的?
旁白 neutral
I know Rita May called
我知道丽塔·梅打过电话。
旁白 neutral
I can imagine what is going through your head
我能想象你在想什么。
旁白 neutral
I'm sure you can, Ellen
我肯定你能,艾伦。
旁白 neutral
There are so many things to consider
有很多事情要考虑。
旁白 neutral
One thing that makes it easier for you is that, is that you have us
有一件事让你更容易,那就是你有我们。
旁白 neutral
Max will always have a family member to watch over him while you are at work
你上班时,麦克斯总有家人照看。
旁白 neutral
I didn't have that when Richard and Susan were born
理查德和苏珊出生时,我没有这个条件。
旁白 neutral
What did you do?
你是怎么做的?
旁白 neutral
I chose to continue with my career as a music teacher
我选择继续做音乐老师。
旁白 neutral
We hired a woman to watch Richard and then Susan
我们雇了一个女人照看理查德,然后是苏珊,
旁白 neutral
And I continued with my career
我继续我的事业。
旁白 neutral
Do you think you made the right decision?
你觉得你做了正确的决定吗?
旁白 neutral
I think I did
我觉得是的。
旁白 neutral
But when Robbie was born, I decided to give full-time attention to raising Robbie
但罗比出生时,我决定全身心投入抚养罗比。
旁白 neutral
I felt differently at that time
那时我感觉不一样了。
旁白 neutral
And you gave up your career as a music teacher
你放弃了音乐老师的事业。
旁白 neutral
Not exactly
不完全是。
旁白 neutral
I continued to teach piano lessons at home
我继续在家教钢琴课。
旁白 neutral
How did you feel about being away when Susan and Richard were babies?
苏珊和理查德小的时候,你不在他们身边,感觉如何?
旁白 neutral
I think I did the right thing, for them and for myself and for Philip
我觉得我做了正确的事,对他们、对我自己、对菲利普都是。
旁白 neutral
We needed the money, remember?
我们需要钱,记得吗?
旁白 neutral
Well, we do too, Ellen
嗯,我们也需要,艾伦。
旁白 neutral
Everything I earn helps us towards getting that house we want, and need
我挣的每一分钱都帮我们朝着想要和需要的房子迈进。
旁白 neutral
I can't wait till he's just a little older
我等不及他再大一点。
旁白 neutral
Our toy company makes the most wonderful toys for kids
我们的玩具公司为孩子们生产最棒的玩具。
旁白 neutral
Max thanks you, I thank you, and Richard thanks you
麦克斯谢谢你,我谢谢你,理查德也谢谢你。
旁白 neutral
Now, may I please say hello?
现在,我可以打个招呼吗?
旁白 neutral
Hello
你好。
旁白 neutral
Hello
你好。
旁白 neutral
Mwah
嗯。
旁白 neutral
I miss Max, and think about him all week long
我想念麦克斯,整个星期都在想他。
旁白 neutral
We talk about him at dinnertime
我们吃晚饭时也谈论他。
旁白 neutral
Oh, will you please try to relax?
哦,你能不能放松点?
旁白 neutral
I've never seen you so wound up
我从没见过你这么紧张。
旁白 neutral
You seem to be enjoying the pressure
你似乎很享受这种压力。
旁白 neutral
The truth is, I am
说实话,是的。
旁白 neutral
My job is not an easy one, but I really enjoy it
我的工作不容易,但我真的很喜欢。
旁白 neutral
That is exactly what I wanted to talk to you about, Susan
这正是我想跟你谈的,苏珊。
旁白 neutral
What's the problem?
什么问题?
旁白 neutral
Marilyn's career
玛丽莲的事业。
旁白 neutral
Well, my choice of careers
嗯,我的职业选择。
旁白 neutral
Choice?
选择?
旁白 neutral
My career as a fashion designer versus my career as a mother
我作为时装设计师的事业和作为母亲的事业。
旁白 neutral
Well, why does it have to be one or the other?
为什么非得二选一呢?
旁白 neutral
That's what I said
我就是这么说的。
旁白 neutral
How's that?
怎么样?
旁白 neutral
Why can't you do both?
为什么不能两者兼顾?
旁白 neutral
She's right
她说得对。
旁白 neutral
Both?
两者?
旁白 neutral
Well, that's what I do
嗯,我就是这么做的。
旁白 neutral
I have a job, and I have Michelle
我有工作,还有米歇尔。
旁白 neutral
I take care of both to the best of my ability
我尽力兼顾两者。
旁白 neutral
It's not easy, but what is?
这不容易,但什么容易呢?
旁白 neutral
And that's what I did
我就是这么做的。
旁白 neutral
I did both with Richard and Susan, and I did both with Robbie
理查德和苏珊时我两者兼顾,罗比时也是。
旁白 neutral
I thought you stayed home with Robbie
我以为你待在家里陪罗比。
旁白 neutral
I did, but I was lucky enough to have a career as a music teacher, which I could continue at home
是的,但我很幸运有音乐老师这份事业,可以在家继续。
旁白 neutral
Why can't you work at home, Marilyn?
你为什么不能在家工作呢,玛丽莲?
旁白 neutral
You're very talented
你很有才华。
旁白 neutral
Designing dresses is a career you could establish out of your home, couldn't you?
设计裙子是一项可以在家开展的事业,不是吗?
旁白 neutral
I don't know why I didn't think of it
我不知道为什么没想到。
旁白 neutral
It seems so simple now
现在看起来很简单。
旁白 neutral
For a year or two, I could stay at home with Max
一两年内,我可以待在家里陪麦克斯,
旁白 neutral
And do my dress designs
做我的裙子设计。
旁白 neutral
And you could make your dresses at home
你可以在家做裙子。
旁白 neutral
Sounds like a great way to solve the problem
听起来是解决问题的好办法。
旁白 neutral
That could solve your problem, Marilyn
这能解决你的问题,玛丽莲。
旁白 neutral
I'm gonna call Rita May at home and ask her to come by and talk about it
我要打电话给丽塔·梅,请她过来谈谈。
旁白 neutral
She wants to see Max anyway
反正她也想见麦克斯。
旁白 neutral
I think that really answers your questions, Marilyn
我想这真的回答了你的问题,玛丽莲。
旁白 neutral
You can do it
你能做到的。
旁白 neutral
Do your designs at home, here
在家做设计,就在这里。
旁白 neutral
And let Rita May do the selling at the boutique
让丽塔·梅在精品店销售。
旁白 neutral
And you can both benefit financially
你们俩都能从中受益。
旁白 neutral
I'm gonna call Rita Mae right now
我现在就给丽塔·梅打电话。
旁白 neutral
Oh, Susan
哦,苏珊,
旁白 neutral
Thank you so much for coming all this way from the city to talk to me about it
非常感谢你从城里大老远过来跟我谈这件事。
旁白 neutral
I hope you don't mind having taken so much time away from your busy schedule
希望你不介意从繁忙的日程中抽出这么多时间。
旁白 neutral
Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑吗?
旁白 neutral
I don't mind at all
我一点也不介意。
旁白 neutral
As a matter of fact, I came to spend some time with my favorite nephew
事实上,我是来陪我亲爱的侄子的。
旁白 neutral
I think you should call Rita Mae right now
我觉得你现在就该给丽塔·梅打电话。
旁白 neutral
I think your idea of working at home is perfect
我觉得你在家工作的主意太棒了。
旁白 neutral
I don't know what I would do without you
我不知道没有你们我会怎么办。
旁白 neutral
I'm lucky to have you all
我很幸运有你们所有人。
旁白 neutral
Huh, we are lucky to have you, Marilyn
哈,我们很幸运有你,玛丽莲。
旁白 neutral
And so is Max
麦克斯也是。
旁白 neutral
Being a mother is not easy
做母亲不容易。
旁白 neutral
Being a mother is not easy
做母亲不容易。
旁白 neutral
It's not easy to be a mother
做母亲不容易。
旁白 neutral
Caring for a child takes a lot of time
照顾孩子需要很多时间。
旁白 neutral
It takes a lot of time to care for a child
照顾孩子需要很多时间。
旁白 neutral
But playing with a baby is so much fun
但和婴儿玩耍很有趣。
旁白 neutral
It's so much fun
非常有趣。
旁白 neutral
It's so much fun to play with a baby
和婴儿玩耍非常有趣。
旁白 neutral
And working at home would be wonderful
在家工作会很棒。
旁白 neutral
It would be wonderful
会很棒。
旁白 neutral
It would be wonderful to work at home
在家工作会很棒。
旁白 neutral
I don't know what I would do without you
我不知道没有你们我会怎么办。
旁白 neutral
I'm lucky to have you all
我很幸运有你们所有人。
旁白 neutral
It's great to be in this family
成为这个家庭的一员真好。
旁白 neutral
It's great
真好。
旁白 neutral
Being in this family is great
成为这个家庭的一员真好。
旁白 neutral
It's always so easy for me to find someone who will listen
我总能很容易找到愿意倾听的人。
旁白 neutral
It's always so easy for me
对我来说总是很容易。
旁白 neutral
Finding someone who will listen is always so easy for me
找到愿意倾听的人对我来说总是很容易。