走遍美国
🎬

E46 · Episodes

46 Full of Surprises|Act 1

Full of Surprises|Act 1

Family Album USA · Family Album, U.S.A. · Episode 46 — Full of Surprises|Act 1.

107 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

In the first act, a letter arrives for Grandpa

第一幕,一封信寄到了爷爷那里。

旁白 neutral

The return name and address is Pete Waters, RFD Number 1, Chesterton

寄信人姓名和地址是:皮特·沃特斯,切斯特顿,RFD 1号。

旁白 neutral

Pete Waters is an old friend of Grandpa's

皮特·沃特斯是爷爷的一位老朋友。

旁白 neutral

He was my roommate in college

他是我大学时的室友。

旁白 neutral

In the letter, Pete invites Grandpa to a reunion, a time to see their old friends again

信中,皮特邀请爷爷参加一次聚会,和老朋友们再聚首。

旁白 neutral

He's writing to invite me to spend a weekend with him at his farm

他写信邀请我去他的农场度周末。

旁白 neutral

He's planning a get-together with two or three other college friends

他打算和两三个大学老友聚一聚,

旁白 neutral

A kind of a 50-year anniversary reunion

算是50周年纪念聚会。

旁白 neutral

Will Grandpa go to the reunion?

爷爷会去参加聚会吗?

旁白 neutral

The mailman just dropped some mail in our box, Grandpa

邮递员刚往我们的信箱里投了些邮件,爷爷。

旁白 neutral

Oh, probably a lot of advertising and bills

哦,可能大多是广告和账单。

旁白 neutral

Why don't you write to me, Robbie, so I can get some interesting mail?

你怎么不给我写信呢,罗比,这样我就能收到些有趣的邮件了。

旁白 neutral

You were right, Grandpa

您说得对,爷爷。

旁白 neutral

Advertising, bills, advertising

广告,账单,广告。

旁白 neutral

It's just like I said, Robbie

就像我说的,罗比,

旁白 neutral

Nothing interesting

没什么有趣的。

旁白 neutral

You won't believe it, Grandpa, but there's a letter here addressed to you, Mr. Malcolm Stewart, and it looks like a personal letter

您不会相信的,爷爷,但这儿有一封写给您的信,马尔科姆·斯图尔特先生收,看起来像私人信件。

旁白 neutral

Oh, must be a bill

哦,肯定是账单。

旁白 neutral

I don't think so

我不这么认为。

旁白 neutral

The return name and address is Pete Waters, RFD Number 1, Chesterton

寄信人姓名和地址是:皮特·沃特斯,切斯特顿,RFD 1号。

旁白 neutral

You're joking

你在开玩笑。

旁白 neutral

Pete Waters?

皮特·沃特斯?

旁白 neutral

Pete Waters, RFD Number 1, Chesterton

皮特·沃特斯,切斯特顿,RFD 1号。

旁白 neutral

You know him?

您认识他?

旁白 neutral

Do I know Pete Waters?

我认不认识皮特·沃特斯?

旁白 neutral

You bet I do

当然认识。

旁白 neutral

He was my roommate in college

他是我大学时的室友。

旁白 neutral

He visited with, Grandma and me in Florida about five years ago

大约五年前,他和我和奶奶在佛罗里达聚过。

旁白 neutral

What does he say?

他说什么?

旁白 neutral

Is he okay?

他好吗?

旁白 neutral

Yeah, he's fine, just fine

是的,他很好,很好。

旁白 neutral

He's writing to invite me to spend a weekend with him at his farm

他写信邀请我去他的农场度周末。

旁白 neutral

He's planning a get-together with two or three other college friends

他打算和两三个大学老友聚一聚,

旁白 neutral

A kind of a 50-year anniversary reunion

算是50周年纪念聚会。

旁白 neutral

Sounds like fun

听起来很有趣。

旁白 neutral

50 years?

50年?

旁白 neutral

Wow!

哇!

旁白 neutral

It sounds like fun to me too, Robbie

我也觉得很有趣,罗比。

旁白 neutral

What kind of farm does he have?

他有什么样的农场?

旁白 neutral

I've never been there, Robbie, but he has chickens and cows and all

我从没去过,罗比,但他养鸡养牛什么的。

旁白 neutral

That means fresh eggs and fresh milk

那意味着有新鲜鸡蛋和新鲜牛奶。

旁白 neutral

Does he have a family?

他有家庭吗?

旁白 neutral

No, he doesn't, Robbie

不,他没有,罗比。

旁白 neutral

He never married

他从未结婚。

旁白 neutral

He's not as lucky as I am to have a family and grandchildren

他不像我这么幸运,有家庭和孙子孙女。

旁白 neutral

I'm a lucky man

我是个幸运的人。

旁白 neutral

How come he never got married?

他为什么没结婚?

旁白 neutral

That's a good question, Robbie

问得好,罗比。

旁白 neutral

A very good question

非常好的问题。

旁白 neutral

He never married because the girl he was in love with in college married someone else, as simple as that

他没结婚,因为他在大学时爱上的女孩嫁给了别人,就这么简单。

旁白 neutral

He never got over it

他一直没能释怀。

旁白 neutral

He must have loved her very much

他一定非常爱她。

旁白 neutral

Yes, very much

是的,非常爱。

旁白 neutral

Lillian Winters, she was in our class

莉莲·温特斯,她是我们班的。

旁白 neutral

And what happened?

然后发生了什么?

旁白 neutral

She was in love with Donald McGrath, the quarterback on our football team

她爱上了唐纳德·麦格拉思,我们橄榄球队的四分卫。

旁白 neutral

Football players are always popular with the ladies

橄榄球运动员总是受女生欢迎。

旁白 neutral

Yeah

是啊。

旁白 neutral

She liked Pete, and they went to dances together, but her heart was with Donald

她喜欢皮特,他们一起跳舞,但她的心属于唐纳德。

旁白 neutral

Did he ever get over it?

他后来走出来了吗?

旁白 neutral

No, he never did

不,他没有。

旁白 neutral

Where is she today?

她现在在哪里?

旁白 neutral

I don't know

我不知道。

旁白 neutral

Maybe Lillian will be at the reunion

也许莉莲会来参加聚会。

旁白 neutral

You think so?

你这么想?

旁白 neutral

Pete's full of surprises

皮特总是充满惊喜。

旁白 neutral

I wish I could go there with you, Grandpa

我真希望能和您一起去,爷爷。

旁白 neutral

What do you think the surprise will be?

你觉得惊喜会是什么?

旁白 neutral

With Pete, you never know, Robbie

皮特这人,你永远猜不到,罗比。

旁白 neutral

Won't it be exciting to see all your college friends there again?

在那里再次见到所有大学老友,难道不令人兴奋吗?

旁白 neutral

It is already

已经兴奋了。

旁白 neutral

I'm kind of excited about going now

我现在有点期待去了。

旁白 neutral

Next weekend, sleep over Friday and Saturday night, and come back Sunday

下周末,周五和周六过夜,周日回来。

旁白 neutral

I can't wait

我等不及了。

旁白 neutral

Don't you think you ought to call Pete and tell him you're coming?

您不觉得应该给皮特打个电话,告诉他您要去吗?

旁白 neutral

You're reading my mind, Robbie

你猜中了我的心思,罗比。

旁白 neutral

He's planning a get-together with two or three other college friends

他打算和两三个大学老友聚一聚。

旁白 neutral

A kind of, fifty year anniversary reunion

算是50周年纪念聚会。

旁白 neutral

I got a letter in the mail today

我今天收到一封信。

旁白 neutral

It said," How you doing, old friend?

信上说:“老朋友,你怎么样?

旁白 neutral

I've been thinking about you, so tell me what's new

我一直想着你,告诉我有什么新鲜事。

旁白 neutral

We should get together again

我们应该再聚聚。

旁白 neutral

I haven't seen you for a long time

我好久没见你了。

旁白 neutral

I was thinking about you today

我今天还在想你。

旁白 neutral

And if I could, I'd come right over, but you live too far away." The letter said," Mm

如果可以,我会直接过来,但你住得太远了。”信上说:“嗯,

旁白 neutral

Here's your invitation." It said," Mm

这是给你的邀请。”信上说:“嗯,

旁白 neutral

we're having a celebration." Let's get together

我们要办个庆祝活动。”让我们聚一聚,

旁白 neutral

Have a reunion

开个同学会。

旁白 neutral

It's been a while, you gotta show me that smile, and I wanna see you again

好久不见,你得让我看看你的笑容,我想再见到你。

旁白 neutral

Let's get together

让我们聚一聚,

旁白 neutral

Have a reunion

开个同学会。

旁白 neutral

Come on, you're invited

来吧,你被邀请了。

旁白 neutral

We'll be reunited, and we'll get to know each other again

我们会重聚,重新认识彼此。

旁白 neutral

I wanna hear those old stories

我想听那些老故事。

旁白 neutral

I wanna sing an old song

我想唱首老歌。

旁白 neutral

The letter said," Bring your camera, take some pictures

信上说:“带上相机,拍些照片。

旁白 neutral

Hope you can come along

希望你能来。

旁白 neutral

And if you can come, won't you let me know?

如果你能来,能告诉我吗?

旁白 neutral

You can write or give me a call

你可以写信或打电话。

旁白 neutral

Before you know it, you're gonna feel like the years never passed at all." The letter said," Mm

不知不觉,你会觉得岁月从未流逝。”信上说:“嗯,

旁白 neutral

Here's your invitation." It said," Mm

这是给你的邀请。”信上说:“嗯,

旁白 neutral

We're having a celebration." Let's get together

我们要办个庆祝活动。”让我们聚一聚,

旁白 neutral

Have a reunion

开个同学会。

旁白 neutral

Oh, yeah

哦,耶。

旁白 neutral

It's been a while, you gotta show me that smile, and I wanna see you again

好久不见,你得让我看看你的笑容,我想再见到你。

旁白 neutral

Let's get together

让我们聚一聚,

旁白 neutral

Have a reunion

开个同学会。