E21 · Episodes
021 看守人的愿望
看守人的愿望
Little Fox Level 5 · The Enchanted Castle · Episode 21 — 看守人的愿望.
69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
Mabel was supposed to be sleeping at Kathleen's
梅布尔本该在凯瑟琳家过夜。
旁白 neutral
And Kathleen was supposed to be sleeping at Mabel's
而凯瑟琳本该在梅布尔家过夜。
旁白 neutral
Mademoiselle and Mabel's aunt were surprised when the girls woke up in their own homes
玛德莫瓦塞尔和梅布尔的姨妈发现女孩们各自在自己家醒来时很惊讶。
旁白 neutral
But somehow the girls managed to explain away the adults' questions
但女孩们设法把大人们的疑问搪塞过去了。
旁白 neutral
Neither the aunt nor Mademoiselle was angry
姨妈和玛德莫瓦塞尔都没有生气。
旁白 neutral
That was good because Kathleen and her brothers wanted to visit the castle that day
这很好,因为凯瑟琳和她的哥哥们那天想去城堡。
旁白 neutral
Once again the castle grounds were open to the public
城堡的庭院再次对公众开放了。
旁白 neutral
This time the castle was open too
这一次,城堡内部也开放了。
旁白 neutral
There were more visitors than usual
参观的人比平时多。
旁白 neutral
Everyone in town had heard that Lord Yalding was coming
镇上所有人都听说了约尔丁勋爵要来。
旁白 neutral
" This isn't very much fun,"
"这可不怎么好玩,"
旁白 neutral
complained Gerald, watching the crowd
杰拉尔德看着人群抱怨道。
旁白 neutral
" I hate to see all these people in our garden."
"我讨厌看到我们花园里有这么多人。"
旁白 neutral
" I said that to the nice caretaker this morning," said Mabel
"今天早上我跟那位和蔼的管理员说过,"梅布尔说。
旁白 neutral
" But he didn't seem to mind all the people."
"但他似乎不介意有这么多人。"
旁白 neutral
" Did you say anything else?" asked Jimmy
"你还说了别的吗?"吉米问。
旁白 neutral
" Lots more," said Mabel
"多了去了,"梅布尔说。
旁白 neutral
" He's a good listener
"他是个很好的倾听者。
旁白 neutral
I told him all about our adventures with the ring."
我把我们跟戒指有关的冒险经历全告诉他了。"
旁白 neutral
" You didn't!" said Gerald
"你没说!"杰拉尔德说。
旁白 neutral
" Don't worry. He thought I was making everything up
“别担心。他以为我全在编故事。
旁白 neutral
He told me I should be a writer when I grow up."
他还说我长大了应该当作家。”
旁白 neutral
" Let's do something with the ring," said Kathleen
“咱们用戒指做点什么吧,”凯瑟琳说。
旁白 neutral
" We can't," said Gerald
“不行,”杰拉尔德说。
旁白 neutral
" Mademoiselle said she's coming to meet us."
“小姐说过她要来找我们。”
旁白 neutral
" But the caretaker said he'd make a picnic for us after everyone left," said Mabel
“可是管理员说了,等大家都走了,他会给我们做野餐,”梅布尔说。
旁白 neutral
" We're supposed to meet him at five o'clock."
“我们和他约好了五点钟见。”
旁白 neutral
" Then you go meet him, and I'll wait for Mademoiselle," said Gerald
“那你们去见他,我留下来等小姐,”杰拉尔德说。
旁白 neutral
" I don't want you to miss the picnic."
“我不想让你错过野餐。”
旁白 neutral
So at five o'clock, Mabel, Kathleen, and Jimmy went to meet the caretaker
于是五点钟,梅布尔、凯瑟琳和吉米去见管理员了。
旁白 neutral
It was a very hot day, and they were grumpy
那是个非常热的日子,他们心情烦躁。
旁白 neutral
They soon saw the caretaker near the edge of some woods
他们很快就在一片树林边上看到了管理员。
旁白 neutral
Two picnic baskets lay on the ground
地上放着两个野餐篮子。
旁白 neutral
" I'm making tea," he said
“我正在沏茶,”他说。
旁白 neutral
" There's a little canal just over the ridge
“就在山脊那边有一条小水渠。
旁白 neutral
You can go wading until the tea is ready."
在茶泡好之前,你们可以下水玩耍。”
旁白 neutral
The water was delightfully cool
水清凉舒适,令人愉快。
旁白 neutral
Soon the children were in better spirits
不久孩子们就情绪好转了。
旁白 neutral
And they were even happier when they had their tea
喝茶的时候,他们更开心了。
旁白 neutral
Such a feast of cakes and fruit!
好一场蛋糕和水果的盛宴!
旁白 neutral
" This is like the feast of the gods," said Jimmy
“这就像是众神的盛宴。”吉米说。
旁白 neutral
" What are you talking about?" asked the caretaker
“你们在说些什么?”管理员问道。
旁白 neutral
Jimmy told him how they had turned into statues and eaten with the gods on the island
吉米告诉他,他们如何变成雕像,在岛上与众神一起用餐。
旁白 neutral
" What big imaginations you all have!" said the caretaker
“你们的想象力真丰富啊!”管理员说。
旁白 neutral
" But everything I told you is true," Jimmy insisted
“但我告诉你的每件事都是真的。”吉米坚持说。
旁白 neutral
" And Mabel told you the truth about the ring too
“梅布尔跟你说的戒指的事也是真的。
旁白 neutral
Kathleen, give me the ring."
凯瑟琳,把戒指给我。”
旁白 neutral
Kathleen reluctantly handed him the ring
凯瑟琳不情愿地把戒指递给了他。
旁白 neutral
" This is the ring Mabel told you about," said Jimmy
“这就是梅布尔跟你说的那枚戒指。”吉米说。
旁白 neutral
" I say it's a wishing ring
“我说这是一个许愿戒指。
旁白 neutral
If you wear it and make a wish, your wish will come true."
只要你戴上它许个愿,你的愿望就会成真。”
旁白 neutral
He gave the ring to the caretaker
他把戒指给了管理员。
旁白 neutral
" Don't wish for anything silly," said Kathleen
“别许什么傻气的愿望。”凯瑟琳说。
旁白 neutral
" I'll wish for the only thing I really want," said the caretaker
“我要为我唯一真正想要的东西许愿。”管理员说。
旁白 neutral
He closed his eyes
他闭上了眼睛。
旁白 neutral
" I wish that my friend was here."
“我希望我的朋友能在这儿。”
旁白 neutral
The three children expected to see a man appear
三个孩子都以为会看到一个男人出现。
旁白 neutral
But they only saw Gerald and Mademoiselle coming toward them
但他们只看到杰拉尔德和法国小姐朝他们走来。
旁白 neutral
" Hello," said Gerald." I persuaded Mademoiselle..."
“你们好,”杰拉尔德说,“我劝动了法国小姐……”
旁白 neutral
He stopped talking because Mademoiselle and the caretaker were staring at each other
他停住了话头,因为法国小姐和管理员正互相凝视着对方。
旁白 neutral
" It's you!" said the caretaker
“是你!”管理员说。
旁白 neutral
" And you!" said Mademoiselle in an odd, choked voice
“还有你!”法国小姐用一种奇怪的、哽咽的声音说。
旁白 neutral
" Is she your friend?" asked Jimmy
“她就是你的朋友吗?”吉米问。
旁白 neutral
" Yes," said the caretaker." Jimmy, give your brother some tea
“是的,”管理员说,“吉米,给你哥哥倒些茶。
旁白 neutral
Mademoiselle, please come walk with me
法国小姐,请跟我一起走走吧。
旁白 neutral
I have so much to say to you."
我有好多话要对你说。”
旁白 neutral
" We'll be back in an hour,"
“我们一小时后回来。”
旁白 neutral
said Mademoiselle, who suddenly looked younger and more beautiful
法国小姐说,她突然看起来更年轻、更漂亮了。
旁白 neutral
" It has been a long time since Lord Yalding and I have seen each other."
“自从我和约尔丁勋爵上次见面,已经过去很久了。”