E26 · Episodes
026 海边的课程
海边的课程
Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 26 — 海边的课程.
93 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
August 19
8月19日
旁白 neutral
Dear Daddy Longlegs
亲爱的长腿叔叔,
旁白 neutral
Here I am at Mrs. Paterson's cottage by the sea
我现在就在帕特森太太的海滨小屋里。
旁白 neutral
My window looks out on the loveliest landscape
我的窗外是再可爱不过的风景了。
旁白 neutral
Or seascape, I guess
或者该说,是海景吧。
旁白 neutral
Water, rocks, and sky are all I can see
我能看到的只有海水、岩石和天空。
旁白 neutral
Did I describe my job in my last letter?
我在上一封信里描述过我的工作了吗?
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Paterson's older daughter, Marion, is starting college this fall
帕特森太太的大女儿玛丽恩今年秋天就要上大学了。
旁白 neutral
I'm tutoring her in English, Latin, and algebra
我正在辅导她的英语、拉丁语和代数。
旁白 neutral
I'm also working on English and Latin with Florence, the younger daughter
我还要给小女儿弗洛伦斯上英语和拉丁语课。
旁白 neutral
And what a job it is!
这活儿可真不简单!
旁白 neutral
I don't know how Marion is going to succeed at college
我真不知道玛丽昂将来怎么考上大学。
旁白 neutral
And Florence is hopeless!
弗洛伦丝更是没指望!
旁白 neutral
Pretty, but not very bright
长得漂亮,可惜脑子不太灵光。
旁白 neutral
On my first morning, Mrs. Paterson asked me to come into her study
第一天早上,帕特森太太叫我到她书房去。
旁白 neutral
" I know you're the girls' tutor," Mrs. Paterson said
“我知道你是女孩们的家教,”帕特森太太说。
旁白 neutral
" But I don't want you working them too hard."
“不过,我不想让她们学得太辛苦。”
旁白 neutral
" No, ma'am."
“好的,太太。”
旁白 neutral
" I want them to spend most of the day outdoors
“我希望她们白天大部分时间都在户外。”
旁白 neutral
Perhaps you can find a pretty place to set up your classroom."
说不定你能找个漂亮地方当教室。”
旁白 neutral
" I'll try, ma'am
"我会试试的,太太。
旁白 neutral
But if Marion's going to start college, she'll need to concentrate."
但如果玛丽昂要上大学,她需要专注学业。"
旁白 neutral
" I'm sure you'll figure out what to do."
"我相信你会想到办法的。"
旁白 neutral
And with that Mrs. Paterson went back to reading a letter
说完,帕特森太太就回去看信了。
旁白 neutral
So I took the girls outside, and we tramped around until we found a spot hidden in the cliffs
于是我带女孩们出去,我们跋涉了一会儿,在悬崖间找到一处隐蔽的地方。
旁白 neutral
At first, even I had trouble concentrating
一开始,连我都很难集中注意力。
旁白 neutral
Every time a ship passed by, I thought of sailing to Europe
每当有船经过,我就想象自己乘船去欧洲。
旁白 neutral
And I wondered what I was missing
心想自己都错过了什么。
旁白 neutral
" I'll never understand any of this!"
"这个我永远也搞不懂!"
旁白 neutral
Marion tossed her math book onto the ground
玛丽昂把数学书扔到了地上。
旁白 neutral
" Mother is making me go to college, but I don't see why
“妈妈非要让我上大学,可我真不明白为什么。
旁白 neutral
It's a girls' college too
而且还是个女子学院。
旁白 neutral
How am I supposed to find a husband there?"
在那儿我怎么可能找到丈夫呢?”
旁白 neutral
" If you get an education, then you'll be able to work," I said
“如果你受了教育,就能工作。”我说。
旁白 neutral
Florence giggled, and Marion said," Married women don't have time to work!"
弗洛伦斯咯咯地笑起来,玛丽昂说:“结了婚的女人哪有时间工作!”
旁白 neutral
I frowned at them
我朝她们皱了皱眉。
旁白 neutral
" Don't you want to learn math and grammar?"
“你们不想学数学和语法吗?”
旁白 neutral
" I've got no use for math," Marion said
“数学对我没用。”玛丽昂说。
旁白 neutral
" And grammar is boring!"
“而且语法太无聊了!”
旁白 neutral
" I agree," Florence chimed in
“我同意。”弗洛伦斯插嘴道。
旁白 neutral
" I worry about you two," I murmured
“我为你们两个担心,”我喃喃道。
旁白 neutral
And it was true
这倒是真的。
旁白 neutral
Their conversation is so boring
她们的谈话太无聊了。
旁白 neutral
But I suppose that won't matter if they marry boring men
不过要是她们嫁给无趣的男人,我想那也无所谓了。
旁白 neutral
I've certainly met quite a few boring ones this summer!
这个夏天我可真是遇到了不少无趣的人!
旁白 neutral
Fortunately, I only have to tutor the girls for half the day
幸好,我只需给女孩们上半天课。
旁白 neutral
By the way, I received a letter from Jervie
顺带一提,我收到杰维的来信了。
旁白 neutral
It's quite a short letter from Paris
这封来自巴黎的信还挺短的。
旁白 neutral
He's still upset that I refused to follow his advice about going to Europe
他还在因为我没听他的建议去欧洲而生气。
旁白 neutral
He says if he gets back in time, he'll see me for a few days at Lock Willow Farm
他说要是能及时赶回来,会在洛克柳农场见我几天。
旁白 neutral
( If he gets back in time!
(要是他能及时回来就好了!
旁白 neutral
Does he expect me to sit around, hoping he'll arrive?)
难不成他指望我就这么干坐着等他来?)
旁白 neutral
I think he'll forgive me for staying here this summer
我想他会原谅我今年夏天留在这里的。
旁白 neutral
But I'll probably have to be very sweet and docile
不过,我可能得表现得很乖巧听话才行。
旁白 neutral
I also received a letter from Sallie
我还收到了莎莉的来信。
旁白 neutral
She wants me to come to their summer house for two weeks in September
她想让我九月份去她家的避暑别墅玩两周。
旁白 neutral
Do I have to ask your permission to do that?
这件事我需要征得你的许可吗?
旁白 neutral
Or am I old enough to do what I want?
还是说,我已经长大了,可以自己作主了?
旁白 neutral
Never mind
算了,当我没问。
旁白 neutral
I know I'm old enough because I'm a college senior
我知道我已经够大了,毕竟我都大四了。
旁白 neutral
Having worked all summer, I feel like taking a vacation
工作了整个夏天,我想去度个假。
旁白 neutral
I want to see the mountains and the lake
我想去看看山和湖。
旁白 neutral
I want to see Sallie and her brother
我想见见莎莉和她的哥哥。
旁白 neutral
Jimmy is going to teach me to canoe. That'll be fun!
吉米要教我划独木舟,那一定很有趣!
旁白 neutral
But here's my real motive for going to Sallie's
但我去莎莉家的真正动机是这个。
旁白 neutral
I want Jervie to arrive at Lock Willow and find that I'm not there
我想让杰维到洛克威洛时,发现我不在。
旁白 neutral
I know that's mean
我知道这很刻薄。
旁白 neutral
But I MUST show him that he can't tell me what to do
但我必须让他明白,他不能对我指手画脚。
旁白 neutral
The only person who can do that is you — and not all the time
唯一能这样做的人是你——而且也不是任何时候都行。
旁白 neutral
I'm off to the woods!
我这就去林子里!
旁白 neutral
Yours ever
你永远的
旁白 neutral
Judy
朱迪
旁白 neutral
September 6
9月6日
旁白 neutral
Dear Daddy Longlegs
亲爱的长腿叔叔
旁白 neutral
I'm at Sallie's summer house in the mountains
我现在在莎莉家的山中避暑别墅。
旁白 neutral
I'm pleased to say that I've been here for five days
我高兴地告诉你,我已经在这儿待了五天了。
旁白 neutral
By the time your letter arrived at Mrs. Paterson's cottage, I had already left
你的信寄到帕特森太太小屋时,我已经离开了。
旁白 neutral
So I couldn't go to Lock Willow as you ordered
所以我无法按你的命令去洛克威洛了。
旁白 neutral
Mrs. Paterson forwarded your letter to me here
帕特森太太把你的信转寄到了这里。
旁白 neutral
If you want me to obey in the future, tell your secretary to write more quickly
如果你希望我以后服从,就叫你的秘书写信快点吧。
旁白 neutral
The woods are lovely, and so is the house
树林很可爱,房子也很漂亮。
旁白 neutral
The weather is delightful, and I enjoy spending time with the McBrides
天气令人心旷神怡,我也很享受和麦克布莱德一家相处的时光。
旁白 neutral
The whole world is wonderful. I'm very happy!
整个世界都很美好。我太开心了!
旁白 neutral
Oh, I have to stop writing
哦,我得停笔了。
旁白 neutral
Jimmy is calling me to go canoeing. Good-bye!
吉米在叫我去划独木舟。再见啦!
旁白 neutral
Yours
你的
旁白 neutral
Judy
朱迪
旁白 neutral
P. S. I'm sorry to have disobeyed you
附:很抱歉违背了你的意愿。
旁白 neutral
But I'm curious about one thing
不过我对一件事很好奇。
旁白 neutral
Why are you so against my having a little fun?
你为什么这么反对我找点乐子呢?
旁白 neutral
I worked hard all summer tutoring those ridiculous girls
我整个夏天都在辛苦地给那两个傻乎乎的女孩当家教。
旁白 neutral
I deserve a break
我理应休息一下。
旁白 neutral
In spite of all your faults, I still appreciate you
尽管你有种种不是,我依然感激你。