Level 6 · 长腿叔叔
🎬

E08 · Episodes

008 可怕的考试

可怕的考试

Little Fox Level 6 · Daddy Longlegs · Episode 8 — 可怕的考试.

86 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

February 8 ( the night before exams )

2月8日(考试前夜)

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

You should see the way the girls in this college are studying!

你真该看看这所大学里的女孩们是怎样用功的!

旁白 neutral

We've forgotten we ever had a vacation

我们都忘了自己曾经有过假期。

旁白 neutral

I've put so much new information into my brain

我把那么多新信息塞进了脑子里。

旁白 neutral

I hope that it stays there until exams are over!

希望它们能留在那里直到考试结束!

旁白 neutral

Some girls sell their textbooks when they're done with classes

有些女孩课程结束后会卖掉课本。

旁白 neutral

But I intend to keep mine

但我打算留着我的。

旁白 neutral

Then, after I graduate, I'll have my whole education in one bookcase

那样,毕业后我就能把全部学业放进一个书柜里。

旁白 neutral

If I need a fact, I'll be able to look it up

如果需要某个知识点,我就能去查阅。

旁白 neutral

So much easier — and more accurate — than trying to remember everything!

这比试图记住所有东西要容易得多,也更准确!

旁白 neutral

Julia Pendleton dropped in this evening

茱莉亚·彭德尔顿今晚顺道来访。

旁白 neutral

I thought she'd never leave

我还以为她永远不会走了呢。

旁白 neutral

She started talking about family, and I couldn't get her to stop

她开始谈论家庭,我根本没法让她停下来。

旁白 neutral

" What's your mother's maiden name?" Julia asked me

“你母亲的娘家姓是什么?”茱莉亚问我。

旁白 neutral

" My mother's maiden name?" I said

“我母亲的娘家姓?”我说。

旁白 neutral

I don't even know my mother's name, never mind her name before she was married

我连我母亲的名字都不知道,更不用说她婚前的姓氏了。

旁白 neutral

Did you ever hear of asking an orphan such a rude question?

你听说过问一个孤儿这么无礼的问题吗?

旁白 neutral

Not that she knows I'm an orphan, of course

当然,她并不知道我是个孤儿。

旁白 neutral

I didn't dare tell her the truth, so I just said the first name that popped into my head

我不敢告诉她真相,所以就脱口说出了脑子里蹦出的第一个姓氏。

旁白 neutral

" She was a Montgomery."

“她娘家姓蒙哥马利。”

旁白 neutral

" A Montgomery," Julia repeated

“蒙哥马利,”茱莉亚重复道。

旁白 neutral

" Do you mean one of the Boston Montgomerys?

“你是说波士顿蒙哥马利家的吗?

旁白 neutral

Or was she part of the southern Montgomery family — the ones from Virginia?

还是南方蒙哥马利家族的——弗吉尼亚那一支?

旁白 neutral

Those are the two most prominent branches of the Montgomery family."

那可是蒙哥马利家族最显赫的两房。”

旁白 neutral

I shrugged." I don't know. She was just a Montgomery."

我耸耸肩。“我不知道。她就姓蒙哥马利而已。”

旁白 neutral

" Well, my mother is a Rutherford. Her family..."

“嗯,我母亲娘家姓拉瑟福德。她家……”

旁白 neutral

And then she blathered on and on

接着她就喋喋不休地嘟囔个没完。

旁白 neutral

I swear her mother's family is so old, they came to the United States on Noah's ark!

我敢说,她母亲家族古老得简直像乘诺亚方舟来的美国!

旁白 neutral

And her father's family is connected to all the kings of England

而她父亲那一族,跟英格兰历代国王都沾亲带故。

旁白 neutral

( Not really, but you know what I mean

(当然不是真的,但你懂我的意思。

旁白 neutral

Her family's social status is very important to Julia

家族的社会地位对茱莉亚来说至关重要。

旁白 neutral

And she cares too much about other people's families too.)

而且她对别人家的门第也过分在意。)

旁白 neutral

I meant to write you a nice, cheerful letter tonight, but I'm too sleepy — and scared about exams

我本想今晚给你写封轻松愉快的信,可我太困了——而且对考试怕得要命。

旁白 neutral

The freshman's life is not a happy one

新生的日子可真不好过。

旁白 neutral

Your unhappy freshman

你闷闷不乐的新生,

旁白 neutral

Judy

朱蒂

旁白 neutral

February 15

2月15日

旁白 neutral

Dear Daddy Longlegs

亲爱的长腿叔叔,

旁白 neutral

I was so busy studying that I forgot to mail my letter

我忙着学习,忘记寄信了。

旁白 neutral

So I'll just add to it here

所以就在这里接着写吧。

旁白 neutral

I have some perfectly dreadful news to tell you

我有一些非常糟糕的消息要告诉你。

旁白 neutral

But I won't begin with that

不过我不想一上来就说那个。

旁白 neutral

I'll try to put you in a good mood first

我会试着先让你有个好心情。

旁白 neutral

I've started my career as an author!

我的作家生涯开始了!

旁白 neutral

I'm published!

我的作品发表了!

旁白 neutral

My poem," From My Tower," is in the February issue of the campus magazine

我的诗《来自我的塔》刊登在了校园杂志的二月刊上。

旁白 neutral

I hope you're proud of me!

希望您为我感到骄傲!

旁白 neutral

After all, you're sending me to college to become a writer

毕竟,您送我来上大学,就是要我成为作家的。

旁白 neutral

My English professor congratulated me on the way out of chapel this morning

今天早上走出小教堂时,我的英语教授向我道贺。

旁白 neutral

" Your poem is on the first page," she said

"你的诗登在头版,"她说。

旁白 neutral

" That's a great honor for a freshman."

"对大一新生来说,这是莫大的荣誉。"

旁白 neutral

" Thank you, Professor. It's so exciting to see it in print."

"谢谢您,教授。看到它印出来真让人兴奋。"

旁白 neutral

" I thought it was a charming piece of writing," she went on

"我觉得那篇文章写得很迷人,"她接着说。

旁白 neutral

" The meter in the sixth line is a little off... But aside from that, it's quite lovely."

"第六行的韵律稍有点不整齐……但除此之外,相当不错。"

旁白 neutral

I still like my poem even if the meter is off

即使韵律不齐,我依然喜欢我的诗。

旁白 neutral

If you care to read it, I'll be glad to send you a copy

如果您有兴趣读,我很乐意寄一份给您。

旁白 neutral

Let's see if I can think of something else pleasant

让我想想还有什么愉快的事可说。

旁白 neutral

Oh, yes! I'm learning to skate and can glide about quite well by myself

哦,对了!我在学滑冰,已经能自己滑得相当好了。

旁白 neutral

I hardly ever fall down anymore

我现在几乎不怎么摔倒了。

旁白 neutral

I'm doing really well in gym class too

体育课上我也表现得很好。

旁白 neutral

I've learned how to slide down a rope from the ceiling to the floor

我学会了怎样从天花板的绳子滑到地面。

旁白 neutral

I can also leap over a bar that is three feet, six inches high

我还能跳过三英尺六英寸高的横杆。

旁白 neutral

I soon hope to clear four feet

我希望很快能跳过四英尺。

旁白 neutral

We had a very inspiring sermon this morning in chapel

今早小教堂的布道非常鼓舞人心。

旁白 neutral

It was about overlooking the mistakes of others

主题是关于宽容他人的过错。

旁白 neutral

And we shouldn't discourage people by judging them harshly

我们不该严苛地评判他人,令人灰心。

旁白 neutral

I really wish you could have heard it

我真希望您也能听到。

旁白 neutral

This is the sunniest winter afternoon

这是个冬日里最明媚的午后。

旁白 neutral

The sun on the snow is almost blinding

阳光照在雪上,几乎晃得人睁不开眼。

旁白 neutral

Icicles are dripping from the fir trees

冰柱正从冷杉树上滴落水珠。

旁白 neutral

All the world is bending under the weight of the snow

整个世界都在积雪的重压下弯下了腰。

旁白 neutral

Except for me. I'm bending under the weight of sorrow

除了我。我被悲伤压弯了腰。

旁白 neutral

And now for the horrible news

现在来说说那个可怕的消息吧。

旁白 neutral

Are you sure you're in a good mood?

你确定你心情好吗?

旁白 neutral

Never mind. I'll try to be brave and just blurt it out

算了。我会鼓起勇气,直接说出来吧。

旁白 neutral

I failed my Latin and geometry exams

我拉丁语和几何考试都没及格。

旁白 neutral

I'm being tutored in both subjects, and I'll retake both exams next month

这两门课我正在接受辅导,下个月会重考。

旁白 neutral

I'm sure to pass next time

下次我肯定能通过。

旁白 neutral

I'm sorry if you're disappointed

如果你感到失望,我很抱歉。

旁白 neutral

But otherwise, I don't care a bit because I've learned so much on my own

但除此之外,我一点也不在乎,因为我靠自己学到了很多东西。

旁白 neutral

I've read 17 novels and hundreds of poems

我读了17本小说和几百首诗。

旁白 neutral

So you see, I'm actually quite smart!

所以你看,我其实很聪明的!

旁白 neutral

Will you forgive me this once, if I promise never to fail again?

如果我保证再也不会不及格了,你能原谅我这一次吗?

旁白 neutral

Regretfully yours

满怀歉意的,

旁白 neutral

Judy

杰露莎