Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E32 · Episodes

032 再次变化

再次变化

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 32 — 再次变化.

69 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

Jerry and his family were very sad about leaving their horses behind

杰里和他的家人对于不得不抛下他们的马,感到非常难过。

旁白 neutral

I was sad too

我也很难过。

旁白 neutral

I'd never known such a good master since my days at Birtwick Park

自从离开伯特威克庄园后,我再没遇见过这么好的主人。

旁白 neutral

When the Governor heard what was happening, he offered to buy Hotspur

庄主大人听说了这件事后,提出要买下“飞火”。

旁白 neutral

There were other cab drivers who would have taken me, but Jerry said no

也有其他马车夫愿意要我,但杰里都拒绝了。

旁白 neutral

He thought it was time to find me easier work

他觉得是该为我找些更轻松的活儿了。

旁白 neutral

I was sold to a local baker who needed a horse

我被卖给了一个当地的面包师,他需要一匹马。

旁白 neutral

Jerry had known him for a long time and thought he'd give me a good home

杰里和他打了很久的交道,认为他会给我一个不错的家。

旁白 neutral

In a way he was right. The baker himself was kind and fair

从某种程度上说,他是对的。面包师本人很和善,也很公正。

旁白 neutral

But he stayed busy in his shop, leaving the management of his delivery carts to his foreman

但他成天忙于店里的事,就把运送货物的马车管理事务都交给了他的工头。

旁白 neutral

The foreman was always in a hurry

工头总是匆匆忙忙。

旁白 neutral

He often added more weight to an already full load

他经常在已经满载的车上再加重量。

旁白 neutral

My driver, Jakes, sometimes protested when the foreman overloaded my cart

当工头超载我的马车时,车夫杰克斯有时会提出抗议。

旁白 neutral

" This horse isn't young," Jakes would say

“这匹马不年轻了,”杰克斯会说。

旁白 neutral

" He shouldn't pull so much weight."

“他不该拉这么重的货物。”

旁白 neutral

" Why make two trips if you can fit everything in one?" the foreman always replied

“如果能一趟装完,为什么要跑两趟呢?”工头总是这样回答。

旁白 neutral

" Getting things done faster is better for business."

“更快地做完事情对生意好。”

旁白 neutral

The heavy loads were bad enough

沉重的货物已经够糟糕了。

旁白 neutral

To make things worse, all the drivers at this place used a checkrein, and Jakes was no exception

更糟的是,这个地方所有的车夫都用马颊缰,杰克斯也不例外。

旁白 neutral

That made it difficult to pull even a normal load!

那让拉车变得困难,即使只是普通的货物!

旁白 neutral

By the time I'd been there a few months, I could already feel myself losing strength and spirit

到那里才几个月,我已经感到自己体力和精神都在衰退。

旁白 neutral

One day my cart was loaded even more heavily than usual

有一天,我的货车装得比平时更重。

旁白 neutral

Part of our route took us up a very steep hill

我们路线中有一段要上一个很陡的坡。

旁白 neutral

" Go on, Blackie," Jakes called, flicking the whip at me

“走啊,小黑,”杰克斯喊道,朝我挥了挥鞭子。

旁白 neutral

I started up the hill, but could only go a short way before I had to stop

我开始上坡,但只走了一小段就不得不停下。

旁白 neutral

Jakes urged me on, and I took a few more steps before I had to rest again

杰克斯催我继续,我又走了几步,就不得不再次休息。

旁白 neutral

Jakes began to lose patience

杰克斯开始不耐烦了。

旁白 neutral

" Go on, you lazy fellow!" he called, whipping me a little harder

“走啊,你这懒东西!”他喊道,鞭子抽得更用力了些。

旁白 neutral

Once again I struggled on, pulling the heavy load a few more yards

我再次挣扎着往前,把沉重的货物又拉了几码。

旁白 neutral

When I stopped to catch my breath, I felt the whip cut me again

当我停下来喘气时,又感到鞭子抽在我身上。

旁白 neutral

I surged forward, but I couldn't move the cart much farther

我奋力前冲,但车子几乎没能再移动多远。

旁白 neutral

The whip came again

皮鞭再次落在身上。

旁白 neutral

It pained me, but it hurt even more to know that I was being punished while doing my very best

鞭打让我疼痛,但更让我痛心的是:我已经尽了全力,却还要受罚。

旁白 neutral

" Excuse me, sir!" a sweet voice called out just as Jakes raised the whip again

“请等一下,先生!”就在杰克斯再次举起鞭子时,一个甜美的声音喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Please don't whip your horse anymore

“请别再鞭打你的马了。

旁白 neutral

The road is very steep, and I'm sure he's doing the best he can."

这坡很陡,我相信他已经尽了全力。”

旁白 neutral

The speaker was a fine-looking lady

说话的是位模样端庄的女士。

旁白 neutral

Jakes gave her a respectful nod as he answered

杰克斯恭敬地向她点点头,回答道。

旁白 neutral

" If doing his best won't get us where we're going, he'll have to do a little more," he said

“如果尽了全力都到不了目的地,那他就得再使把劲儿。”他说。

旁白 neutral

" It looks like a very heavy load," the lady said

“这车看起来非常重。”女士说。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, it is," Jakes replied." But that's not my fault

“是的,确实超载了,”杰克斯答道,“但这不怪我。

旁白 neutral

The foreman insisted on adding more to the cart, and now it's up to me to deliver it."

监工非要往车上加货,现在我只能负责运到。”

旁白 neutral

He raised the whip again. The lady held up a hand

他又举起了鞭子。那位女士抬手制止。

旁白 neutral

" Please, sir," she said in an earnest voice

“拜托,先生,”她恳切地说。

旁白 neutral

" At least give the horse a fair chance

“至少给这匹马一个公平的机会。

旁白 neutral

He can't use all his strength with his head held back that way

它的头被那样勒着,使不出全力。

旁白 neutral

If you take off the checkrein, I'm sure he'll do better

如果你解开马颊缰,它肯定能拉得更好。

旁白 neutral

Will you try it, please, as a favor to me?"

就当帮我个忙,请试试好吗?”

旁白 neutral

Jakes looked surprised, but he tipped his hat

杰克斯很惊讶,但还是摘下帽子致意。

旁白 neutral

" Anything to please a lady," he said

“只要能讨女士欢心就行,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" How far would you like me to loosen it, ma'am?"

“您想让我松开多少,女士?”

旁白 neutral

" All the way," she told him." Just give him his head."

“全部松开,”她告诉他,“让它的头自由就行。”

旁白 neutral

Jakes shrugged and came forward

杰克斯耸耸肩,走了过来。

旁白 neutral

When he unbuckled the checkrein, I could hardly believe the relief!

他解开马颊缰的那一刻,那种轻松简直让我难以置信!

旁白 neutral

I stretched forward immediately, and tossed my head several times to shake the painful stiffness from my neck and shoulders

我立刻向前伸展,连甩了好几次头,才甩掉脖子上和肩上的酸痛僵硬。

旁白 neutral

" Poor fellow! It looks like you needed that," the lady said, patting me

“可怜的家伙!看来你正需要这样,”女士说着,轻轻拍了拍我。

旁白 neutral

Jakes took me by the bridle." Come on, Blackie. Let's give it another try."

杰克斯牵住我的笼头。“来吧,小黑,咱们再试一次。”

旁白 neutral

I put down my head and threw my strength against the load

我低下头,把力气都铆在货物上。

旁白 neutral

The cart moved on, and this time I could pull it all the way up the hill

马车动了,这回我一口气把它拉上了坡顶。

旁白 neutral

The lady walked along with us

那位女士一路陪着我们走。

旁白 neutral

When we reached the top, she gave me another pat

到了坡顶,她又拍了拍我。

旁白 neutral

" There, you see?" she told Jakes with a sweet smile

“看,对吧?”她对杰克斯甜甜一笑。

旁白 neutral

" I hope you'll consider leaving off the checkrein from now on."

“希望你能考虑从此不再用马颊缰。”

旁白 neutral

When she left, Jakes shook his head." That was a real lady," he said to himself

女士离开后,杰克斯摇着头自言自语:“这才是真正的淑女。”

旁白 neutral

" She spoke to me as politely as if I were a gentleman rather than a humble cart driver."

“她对我说话那样客气,仿佛我是个绅士,而不是个卑微的马车夫。”

旁白 neutral

After that he loosened the checkrein a little

从那以后,他把马颊缰松开了一些。

旁白 neutral

Even so, the heavy loads continued to wear me out

尽管如此,沉重的货物还是把我折磨得筋疲力尽。

旁白 neutral

Before long the foreman brought in a younger horse to take my place

没过多久,监工就带来一匹更年轻的马接替我的活。

旁白 neutral

That left me to wonder once again what would become of me

我又不禁琢磨起自己未来的命运。