Level 6 · 黑骏马
🎬

E09 · Episodes

009 调皮的男孩

调皮的男孩

Little Fox Level 6 · Black Beauty · Episode 9 — 调皮的男孩.

67 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

One day John Manly and I rode out to deliver a message for the squire

一天,约翰·曼利和我骑马去为乡绅送信。

旁白 neutral

On our way home, we saw a teenage boy riding a stout black pony

回家路上,我们看见一个少年骑着一匹壮实的黑马驹。

旁白 neutral

John and I watched as the boy rode the pony toward a gate near the road

约翰和我看着男孩策马朝路边的一扇门走去。

旁白 neutral

On either side of the gate was a tall hedge

门的两侧是高大的树篱。

旁白 neutral

" Is he crazy?" John murmured

“他疯了吗?”约翰咕哝道。

旁白 neutral

" That gate is much too high for a pony that size to jump."

“那门太高了,这么小的马根本跳不过去。”

旁白 neutral

The pony seemed to be thinking the same thing

小马仿佛也这么想。

旁白 neutral

When he reached the gate, he veered off to the right and stopped

跑到门前时,它突然右转,停了下来。

旁白 neutral

" Hey!" the boy shouted

“嘿!”男孩大喊。

旁白 neutral

He spun the pony around and tried again

他调转马头,再次尝试。

旁白 neutral

This time he thumped the pony's sides with his heels and gave him several cracks with his whip

这次他用脚后跟猛踢小马的两侧,还用鞭子抽了它好几下。

旁白 neutral

But once again the pony refused the jump. Instead he darted off to the left

但小马还是不肯跳,反而猛地向左窜去。

旁白 neutral

" You rotten little thing!" the boy cried

“你这讨厌的小东西!”男孩喊道。

旁白 neutral

He still didn't notice John and me watching

他仍然没发现约翰和我在看着。

旁白 neutral

The boy wheeled the pony around and aimed him at the gate once again, kicking as hard as he could and lashing him with the whip

男孩掉转马头,让它再次对准大门,使劲儿踢它,还不停用鞭子抽。

旁白 neutral

The pony's ears were flat back against his head

小马的耳朵紧贴着脑袋向后抿着。

旁白 neutral

This time the pony turned neither left nor right

这一次,小马既没往左也没往右转。

旁白 neutral

He just stopped short, threw his head down, and bucked several times

它只是猛地停住,低下头,连尥了好几下蹶子。

旁白 neutral

The boy tried to hang on. But the last buck sent him flying

男孩想竭力抓紧。可最后那一下尥蹶子直接把他甩飞了。

旁白 neutral

He went right over the pony's shoulder, landing headfirst in the thorny hedge

他从小马肩头翻了过去,头朝下栽进满是尖刺的树篱里。

旁白 neutral

" Ow!" he yelled, thrashing around." Stupid thorns!"

“哎哟!”他大叫着,扭动着身体。“讨厌的荆棘!”

旁白 neutral

Meanwhile the pony spun around and galloped off, his reins dangling

与此同时,小马转过身飞奔而去,缰绳在后面晃来晃去的。

旁白 neutral

John burst out laughing." That boy got what he deserved," he said

约翰忍不住大笑起来。“那小子真是活该。”他说。

旁白 neutral

The boy heard him." Help!" he called

男孩听到了他的话。“救命!”他喊道。

旁白 neutral

" Come help me out of these thorns so I can catch that rotten pony and teach him a lesson!"

“快来帮我从这些荆棘里出来,好让我抓住那匹讨厌的小马,好好教训它一顿!”

旁白 neutral

" I think you're the one who needs the lesson, young man," John said

“我想,需要教训的是你吧,小伙子。”约翰说。

旁白 neutral

" And those thorns seem to be giving you one

“而且,这些荆棘好像正在给你教训呢。

旁白 neutral

Maybe next time you'll know better than to try to make your pony jump over such a high gate

也许下次你就会明白,不该试图让你的小马跳过这么高的大门。

旁白 neutral

Or to use the whip so cruelly."

也不该那么残忍地用鞭子。”

旁白 neutral

We rode off, with the boy's cries following us part of the way

我们骑马走开了,男孩的哭喊声跟了我们一路。

旁白 neutral

When we reached the next intersection, John turned off to the right

到了下一个路口,约翰向右拐去。

旁白 neutral

" I think we'd better stop by Farmer Bushby's house, Beauty," he said

“我想我们最好在布什比农夫家停一下,黑骏马,”他说。

旁白 neutral

" That young man might be a liar as well as a bad rider

“那个年轻人可能不仅骑术糟糕,还爱撒谎。

旁白 neutral

It might be better for that pony if we're there to tell his side of the story."

如果我们能在场替那匹小马说说他的遭遇,对他可能会好一些。”

旁白 neutral

We rode up to a farmhouse

我们骑到了一座农舍前。

旁白 neutral

A man was standing in the road looking back and forth with a worried expression

一个男人站在路上,面带忧色,四处张望。

旁白 neutral

His wife was nearby, and she looked frightened too

他的妻子就在附近,看起来也很害怕。

旁白 neutral

The black pony was grazing in the yard

那匹黑色的小马正在院子里吃草。

旁白 neutral

He was still wearing his saddle, but he looked much more content without his rider

他身上还戴着马鞍,但没有了骑手,他看起来满足多了。

旁白 neutral

" Hello, Mr. Manly," the farmer said when he saw us

“你好,曼利先生,”农夫看到我们时说。

旁白 neutral

" Have you seen my boy anywhere? His pony just came home without him."

“你们在哪儿看到我儿子了吗?他的小马刚刚自己回家了,他不在上面。”

旁白 neutral

" As a matter of fact, I have," John replied

“事实上,我看到了,”约翰回答。

旁白 neutral

" And after seeing the way he rides, his pony is better off without him."

“而且,看到他骑马那副样子,那小马不跟着他反而更好。”

旁白 neutral

" What do you mean?" the farmer asked

“你这话是什么意思?”农夫问道。

旁白 neutral

" Well, sir, I saw your son whipping and kicking that good-looking pony to make him jump," John said

“是这样,先生,我看到你儿子为了让那匹漂亮的小马跳过去,不停地抽它、踢它,”约翰说。

旁白 neutral

" But the pony knew better than to try to make it over a gate that was far too high for him

“但那小马很明白,那道门对它来说太高了,根本跳不过去。

旁白 neutral

He finally kicked up his heels and tipped the young man into a thorn hedge

它最后尥起蹶子,把小伙子掀进了荆棘篱笆里。

旁白 neutral

Your son wanted me to help him out

你儿子想让我帮他出来。

旁白 neutral

But I could tell that the boy had no injuries aside from the scratches the thorns were giving him, and so I decided to leave him where he was

可我看得出来,那孩子除了被荆棘刮伤,没受什么真正的伤,所以就决定让他待在原地。

旁白 neutral

I love horses, and it bothers me to see them treated badly."

我喜爱马,看到它们受虐待,我心里就难受。”

旁白 neutral

The farmer's wife was crying by now." Oh, poor Bill!" she sobbed

这时,农夫的妻子哭了起来。“哦,可怜的比尔!”她抽泣着说。

旁白 neutral

" We should go find him and help him."

“我们得去找他,帮帮他呀。”

旁白 neutral

" I think I'd better go by myself, my dear," the farmer said with a sigh

“我想我还是一个人去吧,亲爱的,”农夫叹了口气说。

旁白 neutral

" This is not the first time Bill has mistreated that pony, or the second either

“这已经不是比尔第一次虐待那匹小马了,也不是第二次。

旁白 neutral

It's time to put a stop to it and teach him a lesson." He nodded toward John

是时候制止这种行为,让他吸取教训了。”他朝约翰点了点头。

旁白 neutral

" Thank you for letting us know about this, Mr. Manly."

“谢谢你告诉我们这件事,曼利先生。”

旁白 neutral

" You're welcome," John said." Good luck with your boy."

“不客气,”约翰说,“祝你那孩子能变好。”

旁白 neutral

When we got home, James was there to remove my saddle and groom me

我们回到家时,詹姆斯在那儿,帮我卸下马鞍,梳理毛发。

旁白 neutral

While they worked, John told him what had happened

他们忙活的时候,约翰把刚才的事告诉了詹姆斯。

旁白 neutral

Soon the two of them were both chuckling

没过一会儿,他们俩都低声笑了起来。

旁白 neutral

" I know the boy you mean," James said

“我知道你说的那个男孩,”詹姆斯说。

旁白 neutral

" And you were right about his needing that lesson

“你说得对,他确实需要这个教训。

旁白 neutral

He's always been careless about animals

他对动物一向漠不关心。

旁白 neutral

Maybe this will teach him to treat them better."

也许这件事会让他学会更好地对待它们。”

旁白 neutral

" I hope so," John replied." Only a coward is cruel to helpless animals

“希望如此吧,”约翰回答,“只有懦夫才会对无助的动物残忍。

旁白 neutral

At least this coward is still only a boy

好在,这个懦夫还只是个孩子。

旁白 neutral

If his father can get him to change his ways, there may be hope for him yet."

如果他父亲能让他改过,那他也许还有希望。”