Level 6 · 环游地球八十天
🎬

E06 · Episodes

006 护照和签证

护照和签证

Little Fox Level 6 · Around the World in 80 Days · Episode 6 — 护照和签证.

67 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写

旁白 neutral

The consul looked at Fix in surprise and said," There's a thief on board the Mongolia? Are you certain?"

领事惊讶地看着菲克斯,问道:“蒙古号上有小偷?你确定吗?”

旁白 neutral

" Consul, I have no doubt. I have spotted my man," said Fix with conviction

“领事先生,我毫不怀疑。我已经认出他了,”菲克斯笃定地说。

旁白 neutral

" He passes himself off as an eccentric, rich man who is going around the world in eighty days

他假装成一个要在八十天内环游世界的古怪富翁。

旁白 neutral

When he arrives to have his passport stamped, you must hold him here!"

等他来这里盖章护照的时候,您务必把他扣留下来!”

旁白 neutral

" He is coming to have a visa entered in his passport?" asked the consul

“他是来办护照签证的吗?”领事问道。

旁白 neutral

" Yes, but I hope you will not issue the visa," said Fix

“是的,但我希望您不要给他签发签证,”菲克斯说道。

旁白 neutral

" Why not? If the passport is genuine, I have no right to refuse."

“为什么不呢?如果护照是真的,我没有权利拒绝。”

旁白 neutral

" Criminals such as this man use passports to flee the law

像他这样的罪犯会利用护照来逃避法律制裁。

旁白 neutral

You must keep him here!" replied Fix, his frustration growing

您必须把他留在这里!”菲克斯回应道,愈发沮丧起来。

旁白 neutral

" I cannot hold a man, no matter how sure you are of his guilt, without a warrant

无论你多么确定他有罪,没有逮捕令,我也不能扣留任何人。

旁白 neutral

Surely you are aware of that," replied the consul, shaking his head

“想必您是知道的,”领事摇着头答道。

旁白 neutral

" Perhaps this Mr. Fogg won't even come here if he is indeed the person you suppose him to be

“如果这位福格先生真如您所想的那样,他或许根本不会来这儿。

旁白 neutral

A robber doesn't like to leave traces of his flight behind him, you know

您知道,盗贼可不喜欢留下行踪的痕迹。

旁白 neutral

Besides, he is not obligated to have his passport stamped anyway."

况且,他本来也没有义务非要给护照盖章。”

旁白 neutral

" If he is as shrewd as I think he is, consul, he will — " began Fix

“领事先生,如果他真像我想的那么精明,他会——”菲克斯刚开口。

旁白 neutral

But before he could finish, someone knocked on the door

但他话没说完,就有人敲响了门。

旁白 neutral

Fix quickly hid himself in a corner of the room as Passepartout and his master entered the office

趁着路路通和他的主人走进办公室,菲克斯迅速藏到了房间的角落里。

旁白 neutral

From his hiding place, Fix observed as the consul took Mr. Fogg's documents and read them carefully

菲克斯从他的藏身处观察着,看到领事接过福格先生的文件,仔细地阅读起来。

旁白 neutral

" You are Mr. Phileas Fogg?" asked the consul

“您是菲利亚斯·福格先生?”领事问道。

旁白 neutral

" I am," said Fogg

“是的,”福格说。

旁白 neutral

" And this is your servant?" asked the consul

“这位是您的仆人吗?”领事问。

旁白 neutral

" He is," said Fogg." A Frenchman named Passepartout."

“是的,”福格说,“法国人,名叫帕斯帕图。”

旁白 neutral

" You are from London?" asked the consul

“您是从伦敦来的?”领事问。

旁白 neutral

" Yes," said Fogg

“是的,”福格说。

旁白 neutral

" And you are going...?" asked the consul

“您要去……?”领事问。

旁白 neutral

" To Bombay," replied Mr. Fogg

“去孟买,”福格先生答道。

旁白 neutral

" Very good, sir," said the consul." You know that no passport is required and a visa would be meaningless?"

“很好,先生,”领事说,“您知道不需要护照,签证也没什么实际意义吗?”

旁白 neutral

" I know it, sir," replied Phileas Fogg

“我知道,先生,”菲利亚斯·福格回答。

旁白 neutral

" But I wish to prove, by your visa, that I traveled via Suez."

“但我希望以您的签证来证明我曾途经苏伊士。”

旁白 neutral

" Very well, sir." The consul proceeded to sign and date the passport, and then added his official seal

“很好,先生。”领事随即在护照上签字并注明日期,然后盖上了官印。

旁白 neutral

Mr. Fogg paid the fee, bowed, and went out, followed by Passepartout

福格先生付了钱,鞠了一躬,走了出去,帕斯帕图跟在后面。

旁白 neutral

After leaving the consul's office, Mr. Fogg returned to the dock and gave some instructions to Passepartout

离开领事办公室后,福格先生回到码头,向帕斯帕图交代了一些事情。

旁白 neutral

Then he made his way to his cabin on the Mongolia and picked up his travel journal

然后他回到蒙古号上的船舱,拿起他的旅行日志。

旁白 neutral

In this journal a detailed itinerary listed all the major stopping points on Mr. Fogg's route:

日志里有一份详细的行程表,列出了福格先生路线上的所有主要停靠点:

旁白 neutral

Paris, Brindisi, Suez, Bombay, Calcutta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Yokohama, San Francisco, New York, and finally London

巴黎、布林迪西、苏伊士、孟买、加尔各答、新加坡、香港、横滨、旧金山、纽约,最后是伦敦。

旁白 neutral

Next to each was written the expected day and time of arrival with a space for noting the actual arrival time and the hours gained or lost

每个地点旁边都写着预计到达的日期和时间,并留有空白记录实际到达时间以及提前或延误的小时数。

旁白 neutral

As a result Mr. Fogg always knew whether he was behind or in advance of his schedule

这样,福格先生总能够知道自己是落后于计划,还是提前了。

旁白 neutral

He added his newest entry: Reached Suez Wednesday, October 9, at 11:00 a. m

他添加了最新的一条记录:10月9日星期三上午11点到达苏伊士。

旁白 neutral

Total of hours spent: 158; or in days: six and a half

总共用时:158小时;也就是六天半。

旁白 neutral

As Fogg closed his journal and put away his pen, he observed that he had neither gained nor lost time

福格合上日志,收起笔,发现自己的时间既不提前也不落后。

旁白 neutral

He sat down quietly to eat breakfast in his cabin, never once thinking of visiting the town

他安静地坐在船舱里吃早餐,从没想过去镇上看看。

旁白 neutral

After seeing Mr. Fogg in person, Fix was convinced that Fogg was the culprit

亲眼见过福格先生后,菲克斯确信福格就是罪犯。

旁白 neutral

Fogg fit the description of the robber perfectly

福格完全符合劫匪的特征描述。

旁白 neutral

" Everything adds up," Fix said to himself

“一切都很吻合,”菲克斯自言自语道。

旁白 neutral

" His leaving London so quickly, his hiring a new servant the very same day... It's all very suspicious."

“他这么快离开伦敦,当天就雇了个新仆人……这一切都非常可疑。”

旁白 neutral

Fix quickly decided that he must follow Mr. Fogg

菲克斯立刻决定必须跟踪福格先生。

旁白 neutral

It was his duty, after all, and the reward for catching such a cunning criminal as this supposed gentleman would be his. Fix turned to the consul

毕竟这是他的职责,而抓住这个伪装成绅士的狡猾罪犯,赏金将归他所有。菲克斯转向领事。

旁白 neutral

" I must leave at once. I am going to telegraph the police in London

“我必须马上离开。我这就去给伦敦警方发电报。”

旁白 neutral

I must follow this man!" he said

我必须跟踪这个人!”他说。

旁白 neutral

The detective thanked the consul for his help and left

侦探感谢了领事的帮助,然后离开了。

旁白 neutral

Fix went immediately to the telegraph office and sent the following wire: Suez to London

菲克斯立即去了电报局,发出了如下电报:苏伊士至伦敦。

旁白 neutral

Rowan, Commissioner of Police, Scotland Yard. I've found the bank robber, Phileas Fogg

罗恩,苏格兰场警察局长。我已找到银行劫匪菲利亚斯·福格。

旁白 neutral

Send an arrest warrant to Bombay without delay. Fix, Detective

立即将逮捕令发往孟买。菲克斯,侦探。

旁白 neutral

A quarter of an hour later, with a small bag in his hand, Fix boarded the Mongolia

一刻钟后,菲克斯手提一个小包,登上了蒙古号。

旁白 neutral

During our journey it's my job to keep track of Mr. Fogg's passport

旅途中我的职责是保管好福格先生的护照。

旁白 neutral

If I lose it, I will be in big trouble!

要是我弄丢了,我就有大麻烦了!

旁白 neutral

Whenever you travel abroad, you must bring a passport with you

每次出国旅行都必须随身携带护照。

旁白 neutral

A passport is a document issued by your country for the purpose of overseas travel

护照是你的国家签发的用于海外旅行的证件。

旁白 neutral

The word " passport " most likely comes from the medieval word for the gate, or porte, of a city

“护照”这个词很可能源自中世纪指城市大门或城门的词“porte”。

旁白 neutral

Notice my name, Passepartout, looks a lot like the word " passport."

注意我的名字,帕斯帕图,看起来很像“护照”这个词。

旁白 neutral

Hmm... that's a funny coincidence, isn't it!

嗯……真是个有趣的巧合,不是吗!

旁白 neutral

Foreign governments use passports to identify who is arriving in, or leaving, their country

外国政府用护照来识别谁在入境或出境他们的国家。

旁白 neutral

When you arrive in a foreign country, you must obtain a visa, which gives you permission to enter the country

抵达外国时,你必须取得签证,它允许你进入该国。

旁白 neutral

The visa is either stamped into or attached to your passport

签证或者盖在你的护照上,或者附在上面。

旁白 neutral

I have to admit, I was a little worried that Mr. Fogg's passport wouldn't have enough pages for all the countries we were going to visit

我得承认,我有点担心福格先生的护照没有足够的空白页来盖我们要去的所有国家的签证。

旁白 neutral

If he did run out, perhaps the visas could be stamped onto his forehead

如果真的用完了,也许可以把签证盖在他的额头上。

旁白 neutral

Ha-ha! Don't tell Mr. Fogg I said that!

哈哈!别告诉福格先生我说过这话!