E20 · Episodes
020 双胞胎
双胞胎
Little Fox Level 7 · Anne · Episode 20 — 双胞胎.
65 句 · 动画课 · 先观看再听写
旁白 neutral
One mild October evening, Anne leaned back in her chair and sighed
一个温和的十月傍晚,安妮靠在椅背上,叹了口气。
旁白 neutral
She was sitting at a table covered with textbooks and exercises
她坐在一张堆满教科书和练习册的桌前。
旁白 neutral
" What is the matter?" asked Gilbert, who had just arrived
“怎么了?”刚到的吉尔伯特问道。
旁白 neutral
" How's school going? I heard you are doing a splendid job and all the children like you."
“学校怎么样?我听说你做得非常好,所有孩子都喜欢你。”
旁白 neutral
" Actually, no, not all," said Anne." Anthony Pye doesn't and won't like me
“其实不是,不是全部,”安妮说。“安东尼·派伊不喜欢我,也不会喜欢我。
旁白 neutral
And what's worse is he doesn't respect me
更糟的是,他不尊重我。
旁白 neutral
I don't mind confessing to you that it worries me miserably
我不介意向你坦白,这让我非常苦恼。
旁白 neutral
I've tried every way to win him over, and I'm beginning to fear I never shall
我用尽了各种方法想赢得他的好感,我开始担心我永远也做不到了。
旁白 neutral
But we'll see what patience and kindness can do."
不过,我们看看耐心和善意能做到什么吧。”
旁白 neutral
" Do you at least like teaching?" asked Gilbert." I do
“那至少你喜欢教书吗?”吉尔伯特问道。“我喜欢。
旁白 neutral
Why, I've learned more in the past few weeks of teaching than in all the years I went to school myself!"
哎呀,我过去几周教书学到的东西,比我上学这么多年学到的还要多!”
旁白 neutral
Anne and Gilbert talked for a while about their plans, and Gilbert announced that he wanted to study to be a doctor
安妮和吉尔伯特聊了一会儿各自的计划,吉尔伯特宣布他想学医,成为一名医生。
旁白 neutral
" I want to do my share of honest, real work in the world, Anne."
“我想在这个世界上,做我那一份诚实、实在的工作,安妮。”
旁白 neutral
" I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily
“我想给生活增添一些美好,”安妮向往地说。
旁白 neutral
" I don't exactly want to make people know more — though I know that teaching is the noblest ambition —
“我并不完全是想让人们懂得更多——尽管我知道教书是最崇高的志向——
旁白 neutral
but I'd love for people to have some little joy or happy thought because of me."
但我希望人们能因为我,而拥有一些小小的快乐或愉悦的心情。”
旁白 neutral
" I think you're fulfilling that ambition every day," said Gilbert admiringly
“我觉得你每天都在实现这个志向呢,”吉尔伯特钦佩地说。
旁白 neutral
Gilbert left, and when Marilla returned home, the fire was crackling and Anne had dinner ready
吉尔伯特离开了。玛丽拉回到家时,炉火噼啪作响,安妮已经准备好了晚饭。
旁白 neutral
But Marilla sank wearily into her chair
但玛丽拉疲惫地坐到椅子上。
旁白 neutral
" Are your eyes troubling you? Does your head ache?" queried Anne anxiously
“你的眼睛不舒服吗?头疼吗?”安妮担心地询问。
旁白 neutral
" No," said Marilla." I'm just tired... and worried about my cousin Mary and her children
“没有,”玛丽拉说,“我只是累了……还担心我的表妹玛丽和她的孩子。”
旁白 neutral
Mary is very ill and may die soon."
玛丽病得很重,可能活不久了。”
旁白 neutral
" What are the children like? How old are they?" Anne asked
“孩子们什么样?他们多大了?”安妮问道。
旁白 neutral
" They're twins — six years old," replied Marilla
“他们是双胞胎——六岁了,”玛丽拉回答。
旁白 neutral
" Oh, I've always been especially interested in twins since Mrs. Hammond had so many," said Anne eagerly." Are they pretty?"
“哦,自从哈蒙德太太有过那么多双胞胎后,我就一直对双胞胎特别感兴趣,”安妮热切地说,“他们漂亮吗?”
旁白 neutral
" Goodness, I couldn't tell," said Marilla." They were too dirty
“天哪,我看不出来,”玛丽拉说,“他们太脏了。”
旁白 neutral
Davy was making mud pies outside, and he pushed Dora into the mud
戴维在外边做泥巴派,他把多拉推到了泥里。
旁白 neutral
Mary said Dora was really a very good child but that Davy was full of mischief." Marilla paused for a moment
玛丽说多拉真是个很乖的孩子,但戴维特别调皮。”玛丽拉停顿了片刻。
旁白 neutral
" Anne, I'm sure Mary wants me to take those children
“安妮,我肯定玛丽想让我收养那两个孩子。
旁白 neutral
She didn't say so, but I'm sure she thinks it."
她没这么说,但我肯定她是这么想的。”
旁白 neutral
" Oh!" Anne clasped her hands with excitement
“哦!”安妮兴奋地紧握双手。
旁白 neutral
" And of course you will, Marilla, won't you?"
“你当然会收养他们的,玛丽拉,对吧?”
旁白 neutral
" I haven't made up my mind," said Marilla
“我还没打定主意。”玛丽拉说。
旁白 neutral
Marilla thought there was only one thing you could say about twins: they were twice as bad as a single child
玛丽拉心想,说起双胞胎,只一点好说:他们可比一个孩子麻烦一倍。
旁白 neutral
" I think twins are very interesting," repeated Anne." At least one pair of them."
“我觉得双胞胎很有趣嘛,”安妮又说了一遍,“至少有一对是这样。”
旁白 neutral
Marilla frowned and said," Dora seems good and quiet, but that Davy..."
玛丽拉皱起眉头说:“多拉看起来又乖又安静,可那个戴维……”
旁白 neutral
Anne was fond of children, and the memory of her own lonely childhood before she came to Green Gables was still very vivid
安妮很喜欢孩子,她自己来绿山墙之前那段孤独的童年生活,记忆依然十分清晰。
旁白 neutral
" It's our duty to look after them, Marilla," Anne insisted
“照顾他们是咱们的责任,玛丽拉。”安妮坚持说道。
旁白 neutral
" I suppose it is," Marilla agreed with some reluctance
“我想也是。”玛丽拉有些勉强地应承下来。
旁白 neutral
" Don't look so happy, Anne. It will mean extra work for you
“别这么高兴,安妮。这意味着你得多干好些活呢。
旁白 neutral
My eyes are bad, so you'll have to make their clothes. And you don't like sewing."
我眼睛不好,所以你来做他们的衣服。但你不喜欢针线活。”
旁白 neutral
" I do hate sewing," said Anne calmly," but it's good for people to do things they don't like... in moderation."
“我是讨厌做针线活,”安妮平静地说,“但让人做点不喜欢的事……适度地做,是有好处的。”
旁白 neutral
A few weeks later, Mrs. Lynde was sitting at her kitchen window, knitting
几周后,林德太太坐在厨房窗前织着毛线。
旁白 neutral
Five years previously, Mrs. Lynde had sat at the same window
五年前,林德太太也曾坐在这同一扇窗前,
旁白 neutral
and watched Matthew Cuthbert drive past with Anne when the young girl first arrived in Avonlea
看着马修·卡斯伯特赶着马车,带着刚来到埃文利的少女安妮经过。
旁白 neutral
" There's Marilla coming home from her cousin's funeral," Mrs. Lynde said to her husband," and she's got the twins with her
“玛丽拉参加完她表妹的葬礼回来了,”林德太太对她丈夫说,“她把那对双胞胎也带来了。
旁白 neutral
Yes, there's Davy trying to grab the pony's tail and Marilla jerking him back. Dora's sitting up straight
是啊,达维想去抓小马的尾巴,玛丽拉一把把他拽了回去。多拉笔直地坐着。
旁白 neutral
She always looks as if she's just been starched and ironed."
她看起来总像是刚浆洗熨烫过一样。”
旁白 neutral
The pony jogged past the Lyndes' farm and along the lane to Green Gables. Marilla's face was rather grim
小马迈着轻快的步子经过林德家的农场,沿着小路朝绿山墙跑去。玛丽拉脸色相当阴沉。
旁白 neutral
She could not make Davy sit still and worried that he might fall off the buggy and break his neck
她没法让达维安分地坐着,又担心他会从马车上摔下来,摔断脖子。
旁白 neutral
In despair she finally threatened to smack him
绝望之中,她终于威胁说要打他。
旁白 neutral
Whereupon Davy climbed into her lap, flung his chubby arms about her neck, and gave her a bear-like hug
达维一听,立刻爬到她膝上,用胖乎乎的胳膊搂住她的脖子,像只小熊似的给了她一个拥抱。
旁白 neutral
" I don't believe you mean it," Davy said, touching her wrinkled cheek affectionately
“我不信你真会打,”达维说着,亲昵地碰了碰她布满皱纹的脸颊。
旁白 neutral
" You don't look like a lady who'd smack a little boy
“你看起来不像是会打小男孩的女士。
旁白 neutral
Didn't you find it hard to keep still when you were little?"
你小时候不也觉得乖乖坐着一动不动很难吗?”
旁白 neutral
" No, I always kept still when I was told," said Marilla, trying to speak sternly but warming to Davy's hugs
“不,我小时候让不乱动就不乱动,”玛丽拉说着,本想板起脸孔,但心却被达维的拥抱暖化了。
旁白 neutral
" Well, I suppose that was because you're a girl," said Davy
“嗯,我猜那是因为你是女孩吧,”达维说。
旁白 neutral
" Dora can sit still. But it's not as fun."
“多拉就能安安静静地坐着。可那不就没那么好玩了。”
旁白 neutral
" How can you be such a naughty boy when your poor mother's funeral was today?" demanded Marilla despairingly
“今天刚给你可怜的妈妈办完葬礼,你怎么能这么淘气呢?”玛丽拉绝望地问。
旁白 neutral
" But she was glad to die," said Davy confidentially
“可是,妈妈对‘走’这件事是开心的,”达维悄声说道。
旁白 neutral
" I know, because she told me so. Mother was tired of being sick
“我知道的,因为她这么跟我说的。妈妈病得太累了。
旁白 neutral
We had a long talk before she died
她过世前,我们谈了很久。
旁白 neutral
She said you would take me and Dora, and I would be a good boy."
她说你会照顾我和多拉,还说我会做个好孩子。”
旁白 neutral
They arrived at Green Gables, and Anne greeted them
他们到了绿山墙,安妮迎上前去。
旁白 neutral
Dora calmly allowed herself to be kissed, but Davy gave Anne a hearty hug and cheerfully announced," I'm Mr. Davy Keith."
多拉安安静静地让安妮亲了亲,可达维却给了安妮一个热情的拥抱,兴高采烈地宣布:“我是达维·基思先生。”